Silsbee 126 Jasper 72/Final

WOSgrad

3 hours ago, Silsbee92 said:

Surely Jasper is not trying to run with them?

Well, yes it appeared that Jasper did try to run with Silsbee.  It even worked at times.  But clearly not often enough.  An amazing game.  Don't think that I ever saw two teams both running like that.  But Jasper had nothing to lose.  I think it gave Jasper some good experience to get ready for district.  In spite of getting soundly whipped, it was still a fun game to watch.

Scorebook stats

silsbee    29.  26.  38.  33-----126

jasper.     12.   22.  17.  21------72

tigers were 18/28 fts. 64%

jasper  was 14/21.  67%

tigers with 18 3s

jasper with 8 3s

silsbee called for  10 fouls in the first half and 8 in the second

Jasper called for 11 fouls in the first half and 7 in the second

tiger scoring

D. McCain.     8  pts 1/2 fts

B.Newton.      7 pts

T. Harris.         26 pts 6 3s. 4/6 fts

D. Thomas.     16 pts  4/7 fts

R. Maze.         14 pts 4 3s . 2/2 fts

K. Mackey.      6 pts

M. McCain.      8 pts.  2/2 fts

T. Grubbs.        11 pts 2 3s.   3/5 fts

J.  Adams.         16 pts.   4 3s

K.  Barnes.          12 pts 2/4 fts

L.  Taunton.          2 pts.

jasper scoring

Simmons.    4 pts 2/2 fts

Thomas .      8 pts  3/4 fts

Sells.            15 pts . 4 3s.  1/2 fts

Phillips.         4 pts.    1/2 fts

Scott.           7 pts.  0/2  fts 

Hennington  12 pts  2/2 fts

Hafford          14 pts   4/5 fts

Collins            8 pts   1/2 fts

Not condoning any actions that took place but, if there was EVER a reason to put aside ANY team distractions or reasons other than a 'ship, it happened Friday.

Always was a rule when it came to family, you can be hard with family, but be damn sure NOBODY else was gonna mess with my family.

The hype is out there and all teams will be stepping up to make their own statement.  

Let's go young men. Be healthy Mike J , know the Smoke is gonna Represent.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Thought so...not a good moniker at all.  

Well I guess I'm at fault then as well... 

I just know it is a nickname for Silsbee that is embraced by the "younger" Silsbee generations.  It was meant, and always will be, to be a

rallying cry for support from their friends and whomever might feel the same way.  Maybe, just maybe, it can become something good. 

I meant no disrespect or am I condoning any "activity", feel free to ask my daughter on the subject.

JMO

No one yet still has any ideal where Smoke Town come from. lol I will say this it started in the early 90's and it has nothing to do with UIL sports in Silsbee. Smoke Town was a name that put Silsbee on the map for a hole different reason AND it wasn't Weed.! What was once called The Silsbee Mafia.Witch  became what is called Smoke Town today was a group of kids making rap music in Woodrow . Witch was called Woodrow records. Where they started makeing many CD's. So they needed a place to sell CD's so here we go yall they opened up SMOKE TOWN RECORDS " SILSBEE T.X. ..! It was the fist yellow house on roseavelt dr. on the right. Right behind the bank off 5th Street. And at this point there where folks from all over comeing to buy CD's to where it got to the point when people would say I'm going to Silsbee" they would say I'm going to Smoke Town to get CD's. But after awhile they closed the place down do to heavy trafficking witch weed was a factor from all the hype.! These kids playing ball today grew up listening to all that music I know becouse I did too and so did just about everyone else in the 409 at that time. And the one who really started all this is in prison now but the family of friends that where formed back in the day will never stop calling Silsbee  SMOKE TOWN . So see you learn something new every day peace.