WHATABURGER TOURNAMENT/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

As I said before R-E-L-A-X it's one gamee its late December not Late February I'm happy we won any game kids hadn't played in 5 days prior to this Tournament and Liberty Hill is the best team I ever faced we shouldn't have beat them in the Regional Semis my Sr year Argyle is consistent every year this is the type of team you want to play kids can now really get to a routine of practice every Monday Wed Thurs and Sat. That'll help them most and losing helps humble you 

Down grading your own team nice job guys and at this point we are #1 in the big state of TEXAS.!  And it does mean a lot to our kids . And for our guy's to get on hear and read this is crazy .!  Great win today Silsbee Tigers . With barely any practices and Holiday vacation off..! Go get a few weeks of practice in. And then see what folks haft to say.

Down grading your own team nice job guys and at this point we are #1 in the big state of TEXAS.!  And it does mean a lot to our kids . And for our guy's to get on hear and read this is crazy .!  Great win today Silsbee Tigers . With barely any practices and Holiday vacation off..! Go get a few weeks of practice in. And then see what folks haft to say.

I don't think anyone's downgrading,  just saying we need to work on a few things.  We have been very proud of these guys and yes many have awful high expectations.  I bet you could ask each player and they would agree they have work to do.  I have seen many comments by several of them that have said that all year.  Do you think Golden State thinks they are the best they can be and that they don't have things to work on to get even better?   I love the fact that we fought back today and pulled this one out,  that's the kind of things I like to see, especially when you probably won't have more than a couple tough games the rest of the regular season.  You have 4 teams in this tourney that just looking at the scores seem to be fairly even,  we need to get that Extra edge to put us out front.

Question...  You downplay a big win against the #2 team, a big come from behind victory after being down by 20.  Just a month prior, you took down Central, in overtime and at the time, I believe Central was ranked #3 in the state.  I saw some Dancing down highway 327 after that win...  What am I missing here?

Question...  You downplay a big win against the #2 team, a big come from behind victory after being down by 20.  Just a month prior, you took down Central, in overtime and at the time, I believe Central was ranked #3 in the state.  I saw some Dancing down highway 327 after that win...  What am I missing here?

The difference, that was Silsbee Lite, a team that had no business beating at that time the #3 5A team in state. That's what you are missing. ;)

Silsbee will have their hands full vs HJ in a few weeks. Another big test in a playoff game atmosphere. I don't think Region 3 has the same strength ad Region 4 from top to bottom. 

I don't really know what to expect in this one.  Given both teams know each other better than anyone else and always end up in good games.  The Tigers have shown the ability to get up for these big local teams, Central.  I am kind of having mixed feelings seeing some of HJs scores lately.  I haven't seen Ozen play but was kind of surprised at how easily they beat HJ and Central did the same thing.  I was also surprised by the HJ- fall brook JV score.   Now there could be circumstances in each of these that I am unaware of that lead to these scores.  

Silsbee will have their hands full vs HJ in a few weeks. Another big test in a playoff game atmosphere. I don't think Region 3 has the same strength ad Region 4 from top to bottom. 

I just don't see it this year. I don't think Ozen would beat Silsbee by 30. I don't think Silsbee would beat a JV team by only 4. I know this rivalry and I know how well HJ is coached... But I do not believe Silsbee will have its hands full until late Feb/Early March. Just my opinion. I've been wrong before and I have a lot of respect for the coaching staff in HJ. But Silsbee is really talented this year. More talented then any other year that I can remember. 

Edited by bradyb

Yea by saying Silsbee will have its handful with HJ shows you haven't seen them play I saw them vs Ozen and vs Kountze HJ doesn't have enough Guard play Ozen just Double Parquet every time he touched it and played everyone else straight up Kountze just stayed in there Diamond press once it get pass 2nd Level its 2 on 1 all game Silsbee be tested until Playoffs

Yea by saying Silsbee will have its handful with HJ shows you haven't seen them play I saw them vs Ozen and vs Kountze HJ doesn't have enough Guard play Ozen just Double Parquet every time he touched it and played everyone else straight up Kountze just stayed in there Diamond press once it get pass 2nd Level its 2 on 1 all game Silsbee be tested until Playoffs

How do you double one player and play "everyone else straight up" with five players on the floor?