Celina Loss

XX Man

Would you say the same thing if Dallas went down in the title game and Celina's qb didn't get hurt, or would you expect there to be no drop-off? There's a difference playing a whole season with a guy versus having to throw the backup in in the title game. Especially when the starter put up pretty much the best 4A numbers in the state. I think Celina's only time being held under 40 prior to the title game was the first game of the season, they even dropped 46 on Argyle. WOS won the game and that's all that matters but I think having Pingleton makes a drastic difference, just like having a healthy Jett Duffy makes a huge difference for the Lake Ridge team that was averaging 54ppg before the title game. Lake Ridge has over 2k kids and still didn't have anything close to Duffy backing him up. Heck, even Yoe didn't have a suitable replacement for Smith when him and his 3k rushing yards left with a broken leg against Brock.  

Last im beating this dead horse. Yes, we know that having him would have made Celinas offense very different and arguably they score a couple more times. Our issue is that he doesnt play defense. They couldnt stop us period. Like many on here have said(and a couple of our coaches have said, not on here of course though) we shut the playbook after JD's last TD. If we kept passing it would have gotten ugly. Like I said, im done with it.

Last im beating this dead horse. Yes, we know that having him would have made Celinas offense very different and arguably they score a couple more times. Our issue is that he doesnt play defense. They couldnt stop us period. Like many on here have said(and a couple of our coaches have said, not on here of course though) we shut the playbook after JD's last TD. If we kept passing it would have gotten ugly. Like I said, im done with it.

They couldn't stop you but all you got was 22 points? No he doesn't play defense, but he also wouldn't put the defense in a bad position with inept play. I think if Cuero could get nearly 400 yards and 28 points the week before with a couple of turnovers, Celina probably gets even more than that if healthy. It's all a moot point though.   

The Pingleton kid is a good QB who played in a district that is questionable in a  sense that its strength and toughness is consistant IMO. Therefore, he was able to rack up a lot of yards thoughout the season. The Gilmer game with Celina appears to have a theme of "nobody played defense". Gilmer had the athletic ability to beat Celina, however, they made too many mistakes, and lack the defensive skills this year to stop Celina's offensive bigs. My opinion is that Martinez from Cuero is a greater QB than the Pingleton kid was during the playoffs. Martinez played through out the semi game and was able to run and throw for yardage yet Cuero still LOST the game. DEFENSE wins championships, Pingleton would have been stopped even if he had stayed the whole game. WOS was on a mission and no one man show was going to STOP the stangs from reaching their goal.  Point Blank!!!!

I'm Old and senile, but I sure thot prior to the season there were postings that this was a rebuilding year for WOS.  If so, this enhances the accomplishment of these young men.  Celina had a good ball club, just not as good as WOS.  

Several years from now, When folks are looking back at past Champions, there won't be a footnote that Celina lost there QB to an injury.  Just 2015 4A Div II Champions WOS.  

Finally, I wonder how many injuries helped Celina win 8 Championships. 

Certain folk cant just recognize success as in a state title if they never obtained it, they act like the bitter side-chick mad cause they getting Taco Bell and the main chick getting Pappadeauxs, is what it is. 

Haters and side chicks be mad about the same thing... no rings.

Edited by maniacalum2036

I'm Old and senile, but I sure thot prior to the season there were postings that this was a rebuilding year for WOS.  If so, this enhances the accomplishment of these young men.  Celina had a good ball club, just not as good as WOS.  

Several years from now, When folks are looking back at past Champions, there won't be a footnote that Celina lost there QB to an injury.  Just 2015 4A Div II Champions WOS.  

Finally, I wonder how many injuries helped Celina win 8 Championships. 

Good Post!

Injuries happen in football games and they are unfortunate.  We lost Justin Brown on Celina's first offensive series in the second half.  He took a clean shot on a crack back block and sustained a bruised sternum and was out the rest of the game.  He is the strong side linebacker and makes all the defensive calls (the QB of the defense).  Nobody noticed because the next man up came in and did his job.  This is the mantra of Mustang football especially under Cornell Thompson and staff.

Congratulations Mustangs!!!!

Ozenfine and 14.2 -- both got that crab bucket disease -- drop a bunch of crabs in a bucket and they all start crawling to the top as soon as one is about to be successful the rest start trying to pull him back down. Well we out of the bucket boys so you just keep pulling each other down-- merry christmas to all

Injuries happen in football games and they are unfortunate.  We lost Justin Brown on Celina's first offensive series in the second half.  He took a clean shot on a crack back block and sustained a bruised sternum and was out the rest of the game.  He is the strong side linebacker and makes all the defensive calls (the QB of the defense).  Nobody noticed because the next man up came in and did his job.  This is the mantra of Mustang football especially under Cornell Thompson and staff.

Congratulations Mustangs!!!!

This is what I have said, about this team being the most complete team I have ever seen. Every member was a threat, and every back up was just as good. Celina was a 2 or 3 man team.

They couldn't stop you but all you got was 22 points? No he doesn't play defense, but he also wouldn't put the defense in a bad position with inept play. I think if Cuero could get nearly 400 yards and 28 points the week before with a couple of turnovers, Celina probably gets even more than that if healthy. It's all a moot point though.   

14.2 you should be the last Person on Earth to open your mouth. WOS was pick to win the SC and so was The Mecca of ALL Football. Hope you learned a  lesson about writing a check your arse can't Cash. Will The Meeca win the SC next year? WOS will be trying for the 2 Peat. Guess what, and the Quest starts in the Off Season. That's where CHAMPIONS ARE MADE. IF THE MECCA WAS A HORSE AND DIED I WOULD KEEP BEATING IT...... LOL

Edited by Kj Dad

Imo it would not have mattered if the QB from Celina had played the whole game. The Mustangs were the better football team.

WO-S had too much speed on both sides of the ball. Really enjoyed the game and watching KJ Dad's son play, as well as the rest of those young men.

Congrats to the Mustangs and their fans, truly deserved.

Now if my Tigers could just get 1 in my lifetime:)

Imo it would not have mattered if the QB from Celina had played the whole game. The Mustangs were the better football team.

WO-S had too much speed on both sides of the ball. Really enjoyed the game and watching KJ Dad's son play, as well as the rest of those young men.

Congrats to the Mustangs and their fans, truly deserved.

Now if my Tigers could just get 1 in my lifetime:)

Thanks PB, this couldn't have happen for a better group of kids. The Quest for the 2 Peat starts when the student athletes return to school. 

• 3 weeks later...