Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

This Thread is hilarious, can we just play ball?? This 'Fun" & "Lite" is somewhat entertaining, but let's see how many are in a good mood come March.

It's Title Town or Bust for Silsbee, too much smack talk about 5th 6th 7th 8th grade phenoms over the years. Produce a Title already!!!!   JMO :)

This Thread is hilarious, can we just play ball?? This 'Fun" & "Lite" is somewhat entertaining, but let's see how many are in a good mood come March.

It's Title Town or Bust for Silsbee, too much smack talk about 5th 6th 7th 8th grade phenoms over the years. Produce a Title already!!!!   JMO :)

I believe I can state this with confidence that as far as folks on this site, I have seen more Silsbee basketball than anyone. With that said, I honestly believe this is the best opportunity for Silsbee to win the whole thing in comparison to past opportunities. This team (and I mean the one when they have the full compliment of players) is very, very capable of winning it all. Will they? That remains to be seen and they will have to earn it.

I have faith and belief that they can accomplish the feat. Might be wrong of me to put this undo pressure on them, but this team is as good a team as Silsbee has had in quite some time.

I don't necessarily like to label a team "Title or Bust", but in this case, I feel that to be accurate.

I'm looking forward to see how Sigler Collins, and Brooks coach this team. They have more than enough talent to get it done. No excuses!!!! 

Make no mistake about it, this is no easy coaching job.  Would I rather have 15 players who can really play vs. 1 or 2?  Absolutely.  But managing a group THIS deep and talented is no easy task.  I don't know how exactly you do it.  I know, however, that you guys have a great captain of the ship in Joe Sigler.   But to think it's an easy job because of the depth of talent isn't always true.  I know a LOT of coaches who prefer to NOT be that deep.  

I believe I can state this with confidence that as far as folks on this site, I have seen more Silsbee basketball than anyone. With that said, I honestly believe this is the best opportunity for Silsbee to win the whole thing in comparison to past opportunities. This team (and I mean the one when they have the full compliment of players) is very, very capable of winning it all. Will they? That remains to be seen and they will have to earn it.

I have faith and belief that they can accomplish the feat. Might be wrong of me to put this undo pressure on them, but this team is as good a team as Silsbee has had in quite some time.

I don't necessarily like to label a team "Title or Bust", but in this case, I feel that to be accurate.

I'll take your word for it, we've talked Silsbee numerous times. You know I'm partial to the '89 Team that  could have won it ALL. I hope they can get it done. Football Team ain't playing no games either

I'll take your word for it, we've talked Silsbee numerous times. You know I'm partial to the '89 Team that  could have won it ALL. I hope they can get it done. Football Team ain't playing no games either

Yes we have Bigcam. I know you have tremendous respect for Silsbee basketball.

And yes, that Tiger football team is still a ballin!!

AL Turk, Watts, More very good players can't remember their names.  Sigler had those boys out for Blood. They beat us in the TJ Holiday  Classic that same year. We beat them in the 2nd rd in McDonald's gym

back in the day(only 2 teams made playoffs) :)

AL Turk? I know a AL Turk from around tthat area,  but lives in AZ now. 

AAW I know this is looking ahead, but wouldn't you say that Next years teams has better odds of winning state?

I wouldn't say that. We lose Grubbs, Thomas, Maze and Tanton. I like our chances with them plus the others than without those four.

Silsbee will still be good, but I like those 4 seniors and we will miss them.