Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

I like silsbee's chances these next two years I feel like they have better shot to win it this year and next year. Now after Mike J & company graduate I'm not so sure. I honestly feel like silsbee might have a relatively easy chance to win state this year. Not really sure whats on the other side of the brackets but I think they should clean up region 3 pretty easy. Long as they don't run into a team with size they'll more than likely win it all.

I won't argue with AAW about this group because he's seen much more Silsbee basketball than me.  But the freshman group is the most talented class, not only at Silsbee, but of any group in SETX.  And if you do add Bush next year, you will have a bigger upside in 3 years than this one or next.  All you need is some Bulls on the boards because your guards will be as good as this area has seen.  This requires normal growth but with the time they spend in the gym, it would be more surprising if they didn't improve at a steady pace. 

Regarding Central, I talked to a few folks today, none of them Silsbee folks.  Some Central, some neutral observers. If what I heard about the turnover line was true (both team and individual stats from Central), it should be alarming to Jag fans.  I have noticed in the several occasions when I have seen the Jags live (this year and in the past), they are sometimes hampered by what I would consider the lack of unselfish play.  Some stay on the ball too long and try to score it themselves when the better basketball play is to give it up and/or advance the ball.  And from what I heard consistently from folks today was that one of the players many seem to think is the best in this area was outplayed up and down the floor by a freshman last night.

Regarding Central, I talked to a few folks today, none of them Silsbee folks.  Some Central, some neutral observers. If what I heard about the turnover line was true (both team and individual stats from Central), it should be alarming to Jag fans.  I have noticed in the several occasions when I have seen the Jags live (this year and in the past), they are sometimes hampered by what I would consider the lack of unselfish play.  Some stay on the ball too long and try to score it themselves when the better basketball play is to give it up and/or advance the ball.  And from what I heard consistently from folks today was that one of the players many seem to think is the best in this area was outplayed up and down the floor by a freshman last night.

Particularly in the 2nd half and crunch time. My jaw was dropped. Many times it looked like a senior, seasoned player taking a young gun freshmen to school, but actually the roles were reversed.

I like silsbee's chances these next two years I feel like they have better shot to win it this year and next year. Now after Mike J & company graduate I'm not so sure. I honestly feel like silsbee might have a relatively easy chance to win state this year. Not really sure whats on the other side of the brackets but I think they should clean up region 3 pretty easy. Long as they don't run into a team with size they'll more than likely win it all.

I Actually agree with you...   Bridgeport was the only obstacle that I saw, but it's a clear path now, imo

Silsbee always gets upset or loses focus. As long as they don't get the big head and show boat, they will be fine.

Santa, I am assigning you the task of keeping Cilsbee supporters in check (especially on this forum) . Prevent them from getting the big head. And the kids will do fine. Monumental task, but I know you can do this.

Basketball is a sport where it just takes the right team getting hot at the right time and the cookie crumbles.  We see it every year in March Madness.  When it's single elimination, everyone is vulnerable. 

With Silsbee, you are always eventually going to run into someone who is unfazed by the full court pressure.  The key then is how you are able to operate in a half court game.  Shooting has been the downfall with past teams when the easy buckets were limited due to a lack of turnovers.  Sounds like, at this point, the Tigers are shooting it much better this year. 

Another thing I heard Silsbee will be playing five in five out I'm not big on that. Personally I don't think you get a groove that way I think you have to play who is playing well and on any given night it could be any one of the guys. If I was the coach I would show them plenty clips of golden state and Kentucky team from last year not because of being undefeated. Each one of the teams bought into the concept of playing together and unselfish and having fun and understanding on any given night someone else will step up.that's the things I'm looking for as they go thru the season and prepare for a state run.

That young man was unfazed.  Unbelievable composure and crisp play.  Scary good.  Scary good.  Didn't even look tired. 

Basketball is a sport where it just takes the right team getting hot at the right time and the cookie crumbles.  We see it every year in March Madness.  When it's single elimination, everyone is vulnerable. 

With Silsbee, you are always eventually going to run into someone who is unfazed by the full court pressure.  The key then is how you are able to operate in a half court game.  Shooting has been the downfall with past teams when the easy buckets were limited due to a lack of turnovers.  Sounds like, at this point, the Tigers are shooting it much better this year. 

I agree, if Silsbee have some shooters, that's an added weapon to go along with their hustle and athleticism.