Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

I say they definitely earned it.  They fought from 20 down to beat Dibol and they took down 6a Bellaire.....surley, that's earning it.  

They earned the #1 ranking because they had not lost and the #1 team did.

Like ST413 stated, had Silsbee been ranked #8 in preseason, I highly doubt that Silsbee would be #1 right now based on what they have done so far thru just 4 games. Them starting out at #2 (based on what the team was returning from last year) helped them be in the position to gain that #1 ranking after Bridgeport lost.

Pretty damn simple to me.

They have to keep playing well mix and match some of the football players in and it's going to be a good year. They have to realize they are the hunted  and be ready for everyone best game and match the intensity night in and night out and by playoffs we will really know what kinda team Silsbee has which has the potential to be something special

Like ST413 stated, had Silsbee been ranked #8 in preseason, I highly doubt that Silsbee would be #1 right now based on what they have done so far thru just 4 games. Them starting out at #2 (based on what the team was returning from last year) helped them be in the position to gain that #1 ranking after Bridgeport lost.

...You're straddling the fence.  You say in your first paragraph they earned it, then you backdoor and say it was by default because Bridgeport lost....  

But anyway, me personally, I'll just give those boys credit with special props to the young guns. I'll be following this group closely for a couple of years....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

....since you decline to answer the first time, I'll ask again....  What did you have to say about Ozen losing to Vidor 3 times in 1 year?  Ozen was dominant that year as that lost like 5 games that year and made a nice playoff push....

Lmaooo no they weren't dominate that team struggled cause that was the first year post perk era so as expected they lost several games that year however they did make it to regionals but were blown out by Houston Jones that team was solid but young as far as varsity experience outside of P-Nut & Rod  definitely wasn't one of Ozen's dominant teams IMO. 

it's definitely not because they beat Diboll.  Diboll is unranked, with half the team devoting their time to the culinary arts program, and was just another notch in Silsbee's belt.  Beating Diboll is like the sunrise, expected.  

Definitely not an impressive win. 

it's definitely not because they beat Diboll.  Diboll is unranked, with half the team devoting their time to the culinary arts program, and was just another notch in Silsbee's belt.  Beating Diboll is like the sunrise, expected.  

maybe not impressive in who they beat but it is in the fact that they were down by 23 and had two freshmen playing a large part in coming back and getting the win.

Lmaooo no they weren't dominate that team struggled cause that was the first year post perk era so as expected they lost several games that year however they did make it to regionals but were blown out by Houston Jones that team was solid but young as far as varsity experience outside of P-Nut & Rod  definitely wasn't one of Ozen's dominant teams IMO. 

They won district, won a lot of games, and made it to the regionals. How can you fix your lips to say that team wasn't dominant?  Smh.  This dude here....  

Central fans got all the excuses in the world for why they lost bottom line they're not that good of a team and definitely not a team that will contend for a state title IMO. Today's game is a guards game and if you don't have good guard play you will struggle.

No excuses at all.  I gave Silsbee and the young guns props.  Central isn't that good ?  What will be your excuse when Central beats them at the WMBL tourney?  Will YOUR excuse be 'matchups'?  

Keep the short guards, il take dominant bigs any day on any level....

Yea, but you battled from 20 down.  Should been a big win... How do you even get 20 down from a team that's focused on culinary arts? (this will be a new one I'll use, BG.  Lol )

Edited by BMTSoulja1

All I know is Silsbee Lite won last night 73-70! We didn't play Ozen, Kelly, or Legacy. We beat Central! I could care less if Ozen wants to play or dint want to play. Silsbee will play whoever on their schedule. Ozen and Silsbee have played many times and Ozen has won some and Silsbee has won some. What's with Fludove calling us Cilsbee? S broke on your phone? Ozen has lost the last three times they have played Silsbee!

All I know is Silsbee Lite won last night 73-70! We didn't play Ozen, Kelly, or Legacy. We beat Central! I could care less if Ozen wants to play or dint want to play. Silsbee will play whoever on their schedule. Ozen and Silsbee have played many times and Ozen has won some and Silsbee has won some. What's with Fludove calling us Cilsbee? S broke on your phone? Ozen has lost the last three times they have played Silsbee!

Man, you called my school Wheatly :) I already said Ozen beat Silsbee last season in their Fall League. Ozen don't run.

No excuses at all.  I gave Silsbee and the young guns props.  Central isn't that good ?  What will be your excuse when Central beats them at the WMBL tourney?  Will YOUR excuse be 'matchups'?  

Keep the short guards, il take dominant bigs any day on any level....

Dominant bigs? WHERE? Lol y'all let Silsbee LITE out rebound y'all those dominant bigs you're talking about must've missed the bus last night.