Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

I'm am one of the biggest tiger fans around and silsbee probably will have one of the most talented teams in the state bur just as people are saying central was supposed to beat silsbee and I agree with that let's not get these young tigers to pumped up it is a 1 game focus remember last year when it took silsbee every thing they had to beat lcm there and they came back home and beat them by at least 40 the central win was awesome but they have a lot of work to do  its hard to win state there might be refs that could make it hard for us if they don't like the style we play silsbee should win it all we also need to keep these kids encourage with their grade so we have everyone there when the playoffs come I'm not raining on the parade but I've seen it happen to much to silsbee let's stay focus play every game with heart and have fun ,as far as ozen goes remember when arthur louis was the football coach and they lost to newton well we know how that went no team is scared of silsbee and silsbee is not scared of anyone but there are a lot of politics in place.

Edited by MBaller#1

All I wanted was for us to do is come out and compete once it got to OT I didn't care what the out come was because that Team has only 2 players with Real Varsity experience Grubbs,Harris so I'm proud of those kids they played Big in a Big Time game the atmosphere had a playoff feel In the Tiger Den 

I still see Central winning District Easily once they get there PG back it'll help them a lot I feel they having trouble figuring out groups right now.

Even if Silsbee had all their players still no excuse for Central to lose to them. I've been saying it since the summer this will be a long year for central athletically. The kind of talent they had the past few years only comes once in a decade in Beaumont and they failed to capitalize on it. Back to the old Central that we all know I like to call them the "lil brothers" lol 

Even if Silsbee had all their players still no excuse for Central to lose to them. I've been saying it since the summer this will be a long year for central athletically. The kind of talent they had the past few years only comes once in a decade in Beaumont and they failed to capitalize on it. Back to the old Central that we all know I like to call them the "lil brothers" lol 

Jags had a very strong team the last  3-4 years. An accomplishment that's hard to duplicate every year.

All I wanted was for us to do is come out and compete once it got to OT I didn't care what the out come was because that Team has only 2 players with Real Varsity experience Grubbs,Harris so I'm proud of those kids they played Big in a Big Time game the atmosphere had a playoff feel In the Tiger Den 

I still see Central winning District Easily once they get there PG back it'll help them a lot I feel they having trouble figuring out groups right now.

real varsity experience actually had Grubbs, Harris, Maze and Luke.

How about this Silsbee "with significant players left playing football" has faced Central twice in recent years and has a 2-0 record!

....or when Silsbee faced Central when both has a full roster have a pair of 40 point thumpings..  

Knowing what they are missing because of still in the football playoffs, yep I was selling them short. Told Coach Sigler that last night. He agreed.

Again I ask what's bigger. The Silsbee win or the Central loss?

Lot's of folks in attendance last night were expecting a Central 15+ win.

You can spin it however you want, Central was not suppose to lose to a Silsbee "Lite" team, no matter the ranking.

The Silsbee win, no doubt.  Big game at home. Against a loaded team.  I'd though you'd figure that out....  Lol

Also, The Silsbee team have been 'Lite' since the season tip off, and they still earned a #1 state ranking.  You see, there are others that knew how good this team was and it showed....

...Did you start on Ozen's varsity squad?  We're you one of the starters on those dominant Ozen teams?  Also, you win and lose games...  If that were the case (your logic) how did Ozen (a dominant Ozen team I may add) lose to Silsbee more than once and how in tarnations did Ozen lose to Vidor not once, not twice, but THREE times in 1 year?  I'll wait....

....or when Silsbee faced Central when both has a full roster have a pair of 40 point thumpings..  

The Silsbee win, no doubt.  Big game at home. Against a loaded team.  I'd though you'd figure that out....  Lol

Also, The Silsbee team have been 'Lite' since the season tip off, and they still earned a #1 state ranking.  You see, there are others that knew how good this team was and it showed....

I can assure you, Silsbee's preseason TABC ranking of #2 was based on a full strength Silsbee varsity team coming back this year. Not what is on the court now. Them being ranked #1 was somewhat inevitable after Bridgeport (preseason #1) lost two games last week badly and this Silsbee "Lite" team has yet to lose. Just a case of "next man".

From what I witnessed last night with my own eyes, Central had no business losing to this particular Silsbee team.

I can assure you, Silsbee's preseason TABC ranking of #2 was based on a full strength Silsbee varsity team coming back this year. Not what is on the court now. Them being ranked #1 was somewhat inevitable after Bridgeport (preseason #1) lost two games last week badly and this Silsbee "Lite" team has yet to lose. Just a case of "next man".

From what I witnessed last night with my own eyes, Central had no business losing to this particular Silsbee team.

So, this Silsbee team got the #1 ranking by default and not by busting arse on the hardwood?  I'd say the latter...

I just have one word to discribe the Tigers last night, resilient.

no matter how hard and it was hard my Jags tried to maintain that lead even when it got up in double figures, Silsbee came back. End of question.

Not taking anything from Silsbee they beat us fair and square when its all said and done. Man, but those refs are terrible. They screwed up calls both ways. I left with 7 mins left. I kinda felt it going Silsbees way at the end.

i wish the best for both teams. 

Go Jags

Edited by bcjag

I would say both,  got a preseason ranking like he said based on a full squad, and the has busted it to stay undefeated! Bridgeport lost so an undefeated #2 team moved up!

I say they definitely earned it.  They fought from 20 down to beat Dibol and they took down 6a Bellaire.....surley, that's earning it.  

...Did you start on Ozen's varsity squad?  We're you one of the starters on those dominant Ozen teams?  Also, you win and lose games...  If that were the case (your logic) how did Ozen (a dominant Ozen team I may add) lose to Silsbee more than once and how in tarnations did Ozen lose to Vidor not once, not twice, but THREE times in 1 year?  I'll wait....

No I didn't start but did contribute however we NEVER lost to Silsbee matter of fact I don't ever remember having a close game with them. The years Ozen lost to Silsbee  they weren't dominant lol 

Souljah, the jury is still out. I'm still not sure Cilsbee have been battle tested enough. Central is a small sample size and possibly a fraction of what they use to be in the past 3 years.

No I didn't start but did contribute however we NEVER lost to Silsbee matter of fact I don't ever remember having a close game with them. The years Ozen lost to Silsbee  they weren't dominant lol 

....since you decline to answer the first time, I'll ask again....  What did you have to say about Ozen losing to Vidor 3 times in 1 year?  Ozen was dominant that year as that lost like 5 games that year and made a nice playoff push....

Souljah, the jury is still out. I'm still not sure Cilsbee have been battle tested enough. Central is a small sample size and possibly a fraction of what they use to be in the past 3 years.

Exactly one or two games doesn't make the season but they may give you bragging rights in the area.

....since you decline to answer the first time, I'll ask again....  What did you have to say about Ozen losing to Vidor 3 times in 1 year?  Ozen was dominant that year as that lost like 5 games that year and made a nice playoff push....

i remember that, they had Noah and the rap dude on that team right?