Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

Congrats, Tigers!  Sounds like we had issues defending the 3 ball.  Take what the defense gives you.  We're long on the inside, why not fire 3s?  Nice way to dig deep despite injuries and cramping.  This win will go a long way in your quest of a state title.  Jags, get it together, find the lineup that works, and learn how to put teams away once you have your foot on their necks... 

smh…. And you went to see WB play knowing they were going to get whooped. Im wondering did you not go to this because you were afraid this outcome would happen :)

I've been saying Silsbee was plenty good without the football boys.  The ones they have now are just as good.  However, when they were down to 5 players in OT, not hard to see where the depth is going to help immensely.  

May have some more joining the voting Silsbee #1 in the Dirty Dozen next week.  ;)   This team is for real.

I'm starting to think McCain AND Adams should be full time starters when Dontre, Mike J and company come back. Jordyn, Grubbs, McCain, McCain, and your choice of board eater between Thomas, Barnes, or Mackey. Then you have Harris scoring off the bench with A 3 point sniper in Maze and special defender in Newton. That's a Swaggy team. 

I'm starting to think McCain AND Adams should be full time starters when Dontre, Mike J and company come back. Jordyn, Grubbs, McCain, McCain, and your choice of board eater between Thomas, Barnes, or Mackey. Then you have Harris scoring off the bench with A 3 point sniper in Maze and special defender in Newton. That's a Swaggy team. 

IMHO, Devon is the most talented PG in the area.   As a freshman.   Before you guys blow this up, I didn't say best...yet.  His upside is tremendous.  And Jordyn might be the best shooter on this team.  So you may be on to something.  In the end, whether there is someone in front of them or behind them, they will play.  Once again, the trick will be managing minutes for a bunch of kids that can play, as opposed to playing kids just to get them minutes.  #richfolkproblems

Central can gripe all they want but all I know (and BG and AWW can back me up when I say I am far from a basketball expert) is that this Silsbee team is beyond impressive. How many starters are they missing? How many total players are they missing? And they just beat the No. 5 Class 5A team in the state?

Applause to Silsbee. That is scary good right there. 

Who was impressed by Adams and McCain? How did Maze play?

Impressed by the whole team. All 3 freshmen played great. Not sure if #4 will stay on Varsity,  but he has the talent to. McCain was the leader of this team tonight. Played like a senior. 

Edited by DXTR

Central can gripe all they want but all I know (and BG and AWW can back me up when I say I am far from a basketball expert) is that this Silsbee team is beyond impressive. How many starters are they missing? How many total players are they missing? And they just beat the No. 5 Class 5A team in the state?

Applause to Silsbee. That is scary good right there. 

Lets not forget that Silsbee is the #1 in 4a, so we know we had a game on our hands.  Also, keep I'm mind that our 7'3" player was in the stands and not on the court..  so the scales were pretty even.  Hence, Silsbee Lite vs. Central Fun Size....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

Impressed by the whole team. All 3 freshmen played great. Not sure if #4 will stay on Varsity,  but he has the talent to. McCain was the leader of this team tonight. Played like a senior. 

look no disrespect here but Grubbs played a heavy part in balancing this team.  Jmo.

Mccain drew the coverage all night. Drawing fouls and making free throws. Off on his shots but definitely had their attention.

Mr. Adams however had his coming out party. They left him open and he killed them.

When they shifted to Adams then Maze hammered them from long range.

The stats will show the balance.  You get some rebounding other than Grubbs in there and this is one hell of a team.

Glass is Full.  I need another please.

Represent.