Silsbee "Lite" 73 Beaumont Central 70/Final (OT)

WOSgrad

This was a team win! Effort by all but the night belonged to the freshmen!  When we made the run at the end of the third there were 3 freshmen on the floor.  At the end of the game 3 freshmen on the floor making the free throws that counted.  I have refrained from wanting to believe the hype but if this group blends with the players we have yet to see.....this team will be scary good!!  Those two freshmen are very legit.  Sure there was a freshman mistake or two but they were heavily outweighed by the rest of their play. They started out a little nervy but once they got going they were there to fight.  We actually played 8 players tonight The four returnees and the two freshmen everyone had been talking about.  We also used the little freshman and a player that played varsity early last year.  We had Grubbs foul out late as did Luke and Harris struggled all game long with the cramping. Very excited to get to follow this team this year!

Lets not forget that Silsbee is the #1 in 4a, so we know we had a game on our hands.  Also, keep I'm mind that our 7'3" player was in the stands and not on the court..  so the scales were pretty even.  Hence, Silsbee Lite vs. Central Fun Size....

Central in my mind can't use any excuse when another team is missing about 4 of 5 starters if I remember right. Central was going to be awesome without the big man or not.

This was a team win! Effort by all but the night belonged to the freshmen!  When we made the run at the end of the third there were 3 freshmen on the floor.  At the end of the game 3 freshmen on the floor making the free throws that counted.  I have refrained from wanting to believe the hype but if this group blends with the players we have yet to see.....this team will be scary good!!  Those two freshmen are very legit.  Sure there was a freshman mistake or two but they were heavily outweighed by the rest of their play. They started out a little nervy but once they got going they were there to fight.  We actually played 8 players tonight The four returnees and the two freshmen everyone had been talking about.  We also used the little freshman and a player that played varsity early last year.  We had Grubbs foul out late as did Luke and Harris struggled all game long with the cramping. Very excited to get to follow this team this year!

Who is the other freshman playing up right now?

Not sure what is bigger. The win for Silsbee or the loss for Central.

BTW, the 3 freshmen won this game for Silsbee.

Tigers were down to just 5 players with 3 minutes left in OT. Grubbs and Tanton had fouled out and Harris was out with severe cramps. 3 freshmen were on the floor for Silsbee at the end.

Adams scored 24, McCain scored 21.

Silsbee "Lite" is a very good team that is missing their muscle (the football players who are the bulk of their rebounding and defense with some inside scoring) Central killed Silsbee "Lite" on the boards and defended the basket very well inside. Tigers were 10 of 24 from 3 point line and 19 of 30 from the FT line.

Gabe, Silsbee is without 8 varsity players, 3 of which were starters last year and 2 that were main contributors off the bench. Those players will provide this current team with more depth, experience and strength.

Silsbee "Lite" got the #1 state ranking yesterday and tonight just validated it.

Tigers were down to just 5 players with 3 minutes left in OT. Grubbs and Tanton had fouled out and Harris was out with severe cramps. 3 freshmen were on the floor for Silsbee at the end.

Silsbee "Lite" is a very good team that is missing their muscle (the football players who are the bulk of their rebounding and defense with some inside scoring) Central killed Silsbee "Lite" on the boards and defended the basket very well inside. Tigers were 10 of 24 from 3 point line and 19 of 30 from the FT line.

Gabe, Silsbee is without 8 varsity players, 3 of which were starters last year and 2 that were main contributors off the bench. Those players will provide this current team with more depth, experience and strength.

Silsbee "Lite" got the #1 state ranking yesterday and tonight just validated it.

I'm glad to see the 3 point and FT shooting has greatly improved from last season

In my less educated mind, this was a bigger win for Silsbee. Central will be alright but this more than validated a Silsbee team that really didn't need it to begin with. I sir am beyond impressed with this win. Central could have won by 20 tonight and I would have shrugged my shoulders at it.

Central can gripe all they want but all I know (and BG and AWW can back me up when I say I am far from a basketball expert) is that this Silsbee team is beyond impressive. How many starters are they missing? How many total players are they missing? And they just beat the No. 5 Class 5A team in the state?

Applause to Silsbee. That is scary good right there. 

I have a hard time with the Carthage football posters talking smack about Silsbee's basketball team. Carthage: the new Cosby.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if my memory serves me correct Ozen ain't never lost to silsbee in basketball at least not that I can remember. And the 2nd best player in the area IMO didn't even suit up for silsbee. That long season statement not seeming too far fetched at all isn't soulja?

Edited by ozensfinest

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if my memory serves me correct Ozen ain't never lost to silsbee in basketball at least not that I can remember. And the 2nd best player in the area IMO didn't even suit up for silsbee. That long season statement not seeming too far fetched at all isn't soulja?

Tough to lose to them when your coach knows better than to play them...

You are wrong. Silsbee has defeated Ozen a few times over the years. I remember just a few years ago a Silsbee team beating Ozen 65-40.