****Carthage vs Silsbee****

I just don't get you.  You seem to want to be defensive on everything.  Get real!  Two teams have played well enough to get to the quarter finals on Texas High School football.  Not everyone you have talked with has run Silsbee down, yet you don't want them to get out of the so called gutter that you think we, the Carthage fans, have put them in.  I'm looking forward to a good game.  I hope Carthage wins big, because I'm to old to take the stress of a close game.  However, I am going in prepared to see two quality teams play football.  There are no bad teams at this stage of the playoffs.  Should the Dawgs loose, I plan on following you on the net to see how well you do.  If I am able to get to Houston, I will pull for the 4a div 1 team from this region.  Just because I have said that I believe that Carthage will win, if even by 1 point, doesn't belittle your Tigers.  So please, quit baiting people to run your kids down.......cause I'm not!

Defensive? I am not defensive.

I have been to other sites and looking at all those bold predictions by Carthage fans. One poster even said "There is no way in HE!! that Carthage will lose to Silsbee" 99% of the Bulldog fans say Carthage is bigger, faster, better on defense, better on offense better on special teams better coaching, better facilities. I could go on and on. Some have said we play in a weak district, compared their opponents to Silsbee's opponents overall record, and Silsbee just can not compete with East TX.

Honestly I thought Crosby fans were arrogant on this board, but Carthage fans are way over the top.

Edited by Pepper Brooks

Defensive? I am not defensive.

I have been to other sites and looking at all those bold predictions by Cathage fans. One poster even said "There is no way in HE!! that Carthage will lose to Silsbee" 99% of the Bulldog fans say Carthage is bigger, faster, better on defense, better on offense better on special teams better coaching, better facilities. I could go on and on. Some have said we play in a weak district, compared their opponents to Silsbee's opponents overall record, and Silsbee just can not compete with East TX.

Honestly I thought Crosby fans were arrogant on this board, but Carthage fans are way over the top.

man I guess you wasn't on here the two years Summer Creek was here. 

I forgot that bunch. Out of sight out of mind..lol

minus 2 fans that group was the most delusional I have ever seen on here, nothing can top the "sipping champagne and getting fitted for state championship rings and winning a mythical national championship" all before the season started but lost round 2 two years straight. 

minus 2 fans that group was the most delusional I have ever seen on here, nothing can top the "sipping champagne and getting fitted for state championship rings and winning a mythical national championship" all before the season started but lost round 2 two years straight. 

Oh yeah, how about The greatest show on turf...lol

I almost forgot about the parent (Chapman) who kept posting about their kid being recruited. Every time it would fall to the 2nd page, they would bump it up to the front..lol

Edited by Pepper Brooks

Carthage Ranking: National-484 / State-62 / State Division-3 / Region-13

Silsbee Ranking: National-1198 / State-149 / State Division-14 / Region-38

Carthage and Silsbee both improved their rankings by winning last Friday night, this information came from MaxPreps.

Team Scoring Averages

Carthage Q1 8.5 Q2 12.4 Q3 8.2 Q4 5.4 0T1 6.0 Total 34.9

Silsbee Q1 11.2 Q2 13.4 Q3 17.2 Q4 12.0 Total 48.4

Silsbee leads the scoring average category, which supports the fact that they have the ability to score and have maintained a pretty good average for all 4 quarters. We proved last week that we have the ability to put up a big score, even after committing 4 turnovers. I understand that this is one of the best teams that Silsbee has had in years, great job to Silsbee. Silsbee scored 42 while Carthage put up 55 last week, that is why I am picking Carthage by 14. We shall see what happens on Friday night. Go Dawgs!

finally at least some analysis although I don't put much stock into the rankings.  And as far as comparing the scoring from last week,  that's kind of tough to figure as well.  We also had a few turnovers and played a team that ran the ball almost totally.  They ate up the clock limiting our possessions, a good way t keep our scoring down.  No doubt putting 55 on Navasota was big but I don't know how good their defense is.

finally at least some analysis although I don't put much stock into the rankings.  And as far as comparing the scoring from last week,  that's kind of tough to figure as well.  We also had a few turnovers and played a team that ran the ball almost totally.  They ate up the clock limiting our possessions, a good way t keep our scoring down.  No doubt putting 55 on Navasota was big but I don't know how good their defense is.

Silsbee defense gives up a lot of points, because they are on the field so dang much. Silsbee's offense is a quick strike offense.

If Silsbee could have a few drives that go over 4 minutes that results in TD's , that would be a tremendous help to the defense.

I wonder what the Tigers average time of possession per game is?

Edited by Pepper Brooks

People who get their dander up over a sports message board probably should refrain from having conversations where divergent points of view are exchanged.

Perhaps some Anger management therapy would benefit them and provide them with skills at pleasant social interaction with other anonymous participants engaged in the talking of smack regarding the pros and cons of their respective  hometown's sporting activities; I.e., Football, baseball, basketball, horse shoes & so on.

Also, consumption of alcohol and other mind altering substances only exacerbates as well as escalates the degree of "hurt butt" experienced by these individuals who find themselves dispossessed of a credible leg upon which to stand while coversing in smack, and is strenuously discouraged.

Hopefully, adherence to sobriety and decorum will one day lead to increased levels of pleasant dialogue during discussions about sporting events at Educational Facilities, which in the grand scheme of things, are intended to be a diversion from the less enjoyable activities in the lives of people, such as Work!

Lincoln doesn't have all their players yet but will soon. I'm not knocking Silsbee at all but I don't think they can beat Lincoln or Madison. Actually think it says a lot about Silsbee to be 3-0 with their players out. Since you want to talk about records, look who they lost too. Please list those games. The teams they lost to Silsbee can't beat. So they barely beat Bellaire. 

They're schedule is VERY tough. All you looked at is 3 losses on the record.

Congrats on beating Diboll and LaTexo btw. Come with a better argument next time please.

Silsbee just beat 5A #5 Beaumont Central 73 - 70 with a bunch of freshman. You want to wager in basketball, I'm your boy.

People who get their dander up over a sports message board probably should refrain from having conversations where divergent points of view are exchanged.

Perhaps some Anger management therapy would benefit them and provide them with skills at pleasant social interaction with other anonymous participants engaged in the talking of smack regarding the pros and cons of their respective  hometown's sporting activities; I.e., Football, baseball, basketball, horse shoes & so on.

Also, consumption of alcohol and other mind altering substances only exacerbates as well as escalates the degree of "hurt butt" experienced by these individuals who find themselves dispossessed of a credible leg upon which to stand while coversing in smack, and is strenuously discouraged.

Hopefully, adherence to sobriety and decorum will one day lead to increased levels of pleasant dialogue during discussions about sporting events at Educational Facilities, which in the grand scheme of things, are intended to be a diversion from the less enjoyable activities in the lives of people, such as Work!

Well, I did not call for you, but you can take your verbage and stick it where the sun don't shine, make sure you spin around on it and have yourself an day fluff you; all by yourself. I'm not the one!

Carthage has average middle class people? So what does Silsbee have below average poor people? GTFOHWTBS. Carthage has the most stuck up $30,000 millionaires in Texas just like Dallas. You claim to be blue collar but most are white collar. I'm OK with you rooting for your team but trust me no one in SETX gives a rats ass about your indoor practice facility. Do you adults go play 2 hand touch in there after work? SETX has many state championships. Maybe we get one or two more this year but I can promise you none of our fans are as much of a D Bag as you guys are. 

LMAO!!! You have revealed some of deepest darkest secrets, this past week. We closet millionaires recruit our mediocre at best, players. Who knows how we have made it to the playoffs, these past several years. And you are right, we have our own league, with a draft and everything of "powder puff" football. We have games several times a week; after work. One correction though, we like to play in the stadium so we can watch ourselves on the JumboTron, Surratt doesn't have one of those in the indoor facility for some reason. We need to work on that.  

Silsbee just beat 5A #5 Beaumont Central 73 - 70 with a bunch of freshman. You want to wager in basketball, I'm your boy.

Silsbee can't win at anything according to most of these Carthage folks..lol

The come over to the site with their back handed "We respect Silsbee" but Carthage deserves a whole different level of respect compliments, and then they begin to give their outlandish predictions.

Friday can't get here fast enough, because win or lose they will be gone after this weekend.

Truth hurts I know y'all like to stay in your little setx bubble and pretend yall are good at football 

Truth? what truth?

Here are the facts?

Both teams are very good.

Both Carthage & Silsbee have improved as the season season has progressed.

Who is the best team? Nobody knows until Friday night at the end of the 4th qtr, when scoreboard hits all zero's

That is the truth, the way I see it.

This football game is not about who has the best facilities, who's parents make more money, who has a better basketball or baseball team. This game will be about 2 teams who have worked their tails off to get where they are now and for a chance to get to the next round.

Who is the last athlete from Carthage to go pro in anything? Football, soccet, baseball, tennis, shuffle board, method lab cooking etc???

I had to reply to this...I was going to step away but this is just funny.

You really think this  makes a good point for whatever you're trying to argue?  Because....technically..  this makes matters worse for you.  Carthage is still winning state championships WITHOUT pro players.  What's your excuse now?

I think what the Carthage people are trying to point out to the Silsbee people is that Carthage won their district, NO, I am sorry, I think they were second to Kilgore. Kilgore beat El Campo, No, I think El Campo beat Kilgore and then El Campo beat Silsbee, NO, Silsbee beat El Campo, gosh, could this be possible?.

I think what the Carthage people are trying to point out to the Silsbee people is that Carthage won their district, NO, I am sorry, I think they were second to Kilgore. Kilgore beat El Campo, No, I think El Campo beat Kilgore and then El Campo beat Silsbee, NO, Silsbee beat El Campo, gosh, could this be possible?.

Where do you guys play this week, No, I am sorry, I didn't notice your user name.

I'm not a Carthage fan...but I know anything is possible.  Of course anything is possible.. Newton beat WOS last year.  Does that mean Newton couldve played in the state championship game in 4AD2?  Well I don't think that's what it means...but by your logic of comparing scores I guess it's possible.

I've been saying since I created my account that yes...setx has tremendous players.  It's obvious by the countless kids playing in FBS and FCS every single year.  I've also said...then why is setx not winning more against other areas of the state?  Well I have a good idea, but the concept seems to be an alien idea to setx fans.  People keep saying "we don't have to have what they have, or do what they do, and we still win".  Well....locally. 

I could honestly care less who wins this game.  I'm not from here.  I'm not from Carthage.  I have no ties to either place.. I live down here because of work.  I stay down here because of the fishing and the food.  Who will win?  I have no idea.  But, I honestly think Carthage will win...because the last decade or so East Texas just seems to keep doing so.  Some of you say cocky and arrogant... I just think it's attitude and expectation.  Some of you say recruiting..I say attracting.  No matter what you call it...it's winning.  I won't think otherwise until I'm proven wrong.  Here's your chance Silsbee.

And no it doesn't matter who won their district.  #3 and #4 seeds are winning 1st and 2nd round games all over the state in every sport.

Silsbee can't win at anything according to most of these Carthage folks..lol

The come over to the site with their back handed "We respect Silsbee" but Carthage deserves a whole different level of respect compliments, and then they begin to give their outlandish predictions.

Friday can't get here fast enough, because win or lose they will be gone after this weekend.

I'm not backing away from away from that respect comment I made. I'll put it this way. Whomever beats Silsbee will have to be good and I'm sure the fans of that team will be happy but EVERYTIME Carthage loses the fans erupt like they one the championship. Because of our past, people take notice when it's time to play Carthage and I just don't think Silsbee brings that same type of reaction right now.

As for the game, have you guys play a team that can finesse you and then can pound the ball and put the game away? Honestly I was pulling for you guys to win because I think we match up better with yall and I hope I don't regret hoping that.

Carthage doesn't play to win district titles, they are great but we want the ship. As for regular season losses keep in mind we only had ONE undefeated title season. We are known for losing during the regular season. 

Who is the last athlete from Carthage to go pro in anything? Football, soccet, baseball, tennis, shuffle board, method lab cooking etc???

Huh!?! You've brought up GDP and now this. What's next, literacy rate and IMR in Carthage? As for as pro players, we have some that are capable but don't always make the right choices. I do believe the last perfect game in baseball was Philip Humber a couple of years from baseball. We've had quite a few pros in baseball. Trust me, alumni games were never pretty lol.