So, "About What Happened Last Night"

AggiesAreWe

Wasn't it suggested that we, SETXsports, hang it's hat on a certain team to rep as the "last man standing" when this season came to an end? Wasn't Mecca suppose to be the savior of our weak ass area in this 2015 season? Shouldn't a team that carried the #1 ranking of our beloved area all year make it past the 2nd round?

Actually, I need to see the statistical analysis of last night's game to get a better understanding of how the greatest team since sliced bread lost 42-14 in the 2nd round to a lowly team like Ridge Point. It's completely unthinkable. Something is amiss.

I am calling UIL for a do over. This is a mistake. No way Code Red is out of playoffs before Silsbee, WO-S, Newton, Crockett, Corrigan-Camden, Shelbyville, Lovelady, Centerville, Beckville, Normangee, Beaumont Legacy and Baytown Christian. And the same round as the lowly teams from 22-5A Nederland and PN-G along with the likes of CE King, Jasper, Coldspring, Hamshire-Fannett, Orangefield, Kirbyville, East Chambers, San Augustine, Iola, Chester and Calvert. How can this be?

Please someone enlighten me to this "happening" that took place last night. I am so confused, distraught and as far as I am concerned, the high school football season is officially over. May it rest in peace.

God Bless Mecca for this tragedy.

Wasn't it suggested that we, SETXsports, hang it's hat on a certain team to rep as the "last man standing" when this season came to an end? Wasn't Mecca suppose to be the savior of our weak ass area in this 2015 season? Shouldn't a team that carried the #1 ranking of our beloved area all year make it past the 2nd round?

Actually, I need to see the statistical analysis of last night's game to get a better understanding of how the greatest team since sliced bread lost 42-14 in the 2nd round to a lowly team like Ridge Point. It's completely unthinkable. Something is amiss.

I am calling UIL for a do over. This is a mistake. No way Code Red is out of playoffs before Silsbee, WO-S, Newton, Crockett, Corrigan-Camden, Shelbyville, Lovelady, Centerville, Beckville, Normangee, Beaumont Legacy and Baytown Christian. And the same round as the lowly teams from 22-5A Nederland and PN-G along with the likes of CE King, Jasper, Coldspring, Hamshire-Fannett, Orangefield, Kirbyville, East Chambers, San Augustine, Iola, Chester and Calvert. How can this be?

Please someone enlighten me to this "happening" that took place last night. I am so confused, distraught and as far as I am concerned, the high school football season is officially over. May it rest in peace.

Ohh man ohh man.  AAW, you're going 'all in' with that one...  Lol

Crosby stepped on the field last night with a 6A football team that was bigger, stronger, faster and executed a lot better from start to finish. They looked like they knew every play Crosby was going to run and Crosby looked lost on every play they ran besides the handoff up the middle. 

Crosby wasn't that good. If you take into consideration that Crosby is 31-0  the last three years against all the SETX team that will be 5A next year, it really show the poor state of play in the entire area. 

There was reason to believe the gap had closed after last year when the FB district's D2 teams couldn't advance past the first round. Turns out it was just a fluke year for them that Crosby probably benefited from. 

As far as the small schools still alive from the area, they get a more even shake with the enrollment splits. RP had about 700 more kids than Crosby last night, 4A doesn't have that variation in their entire class and still have two divisions. Not to mention you have less than half the schools in the class but still take the same amount of playoff teams which severely waters down the competition until you get deep in the playoffs. 

At the end of the day even Crosby all their D1 recruits are no match for the teams out west at the 5A level. Last nigh made three consecutive 28 point playoff losses for Crosby. Even with this staff off to a 42-9 start you saw last night pretty much what Crosby is and what we have been for the last decade or so. 

Crosby stepped on the field last night with a 6A football team that was bigger, stronger, faster and executed a lot better from start to finish. They looked like they knew every play Crosby was going to run and Crosby looked lost on every play they ran besides the handoff up the middle. 

Crosby wasn't that good. If you take into consideration that Crosby is 31-0  the last three years against all the SETX team that will be 5A next year, it really show the poor state of play in the entire area. 

There was reason to believe the gap had closed after last year when the FB district's D2 teams couldn't advance past the first round. Turns out it was just a fluke year for them that Crosby probably benefited from. 

As far as the small schools still alive from the area, they get a more even shake with the enrollment splits. RP had about 700 more kids than Crosby last night, 4A doesn't have that variation in their entire class and still have two divisions. Not to mention you have less than half the schools in the class but still take the same amount of playoff teams which severely waters down the competition until you get deep in the playoffs. 

At the end of the day even Crosby all their D1 recruits are no match for the teams out west at the 5A level. Last nigh made three consecutive 28 point playoff losses for Crosby. Even with this staff off to a 42-9 start you saw last night pretty much what Crosby is and what we have been for the last decade or so. 

kinda ironic when all we WOS people heard from Crosby people after to losing to a much larger Foster team was that size difference wasn't an excuse. I'm not going to bash Crosby because I believe in Karma. Just rubbed me the wrong way. 

Edited by kicker

post of the year..lol

kinda ironic when all we WOS people heard from Crosby people after to losing to a much larger Foster team was that size difference wasn't an excuse. I'm not going to bash Crosby because I believe in Karma. Just rubbed me the wrong way. 

I doubt you heard that. I was the main Crosby fan on here telling people that they're a lot bigger and faster than WOS and with the higher enrollment WOS would struggle at the line of scrimmage. That's the reason WOS lost, that's also the reason Crosby lost. 

I doubt you heard that. I was the main Crosby fan on here telling people that they're a lot bigger and faster than WOS and with the higher enrollment WOS would struggle at the line of scrimmage. That's the reason WOS lost, that's also the reason Crosby lost. 

I should have stated that it wasn't actually you per say. It was the other Crosby posters that we heard it from. I completely understand that they were better and that's why they beat us. It was all the crap we got by saying because they had like 1500 more kids then us wast a reason or "excuse" for them to be better. I can't comment on your game last night because I wasn't there.

Edited by kicker

Humble pie, crow, and your foot are hard swallow. I do agree with 14.2 on the size limit of schools. UIL's current way of deciding who goes D1 or D2 plus their lunatic idea of starting new 6A schools in 5A make it awfully hard for traditional 5A schools (see our area) to advance past the area round. We faced it when we ran into Summer Creek in 2012; Div 2 and I think we go a few rounds. Add WOS to Vidor and see what happens. Nederland ran into it with Georgetown in 2013. It's hard to compete with schools that suit up 50 seniors and you have 35-40 of ALL CLASSES on your sidelines. I'm going to continue preaching it until they do something about it.

Calhoun is barely 5A and they were able to stay within a touchdown of Ridge Point. Just saying.

and Ridge Point roster size was on point of a 5A school, not like the 70+ kids Foster had versus WOS in which Foster is half the size of North Shore and had more kids on their varsity roster than NS. RP had no more than 55 players. 

Calhoun is barely 5A and they were able to stay within a touchdown of Ridge Point. Just saying.

RP actually needed a score inside the last minute to beat Calhoun. Calhoun runs the ball though which is why Angleton would matchup very well with RP. Angleton is cool getting three or four yards at a time like PLC was, except they have a better defense. Against Calhoun and Angleton, RP's Dbs would never come into play besides making tackles. Would be an interesting matchup if Angleton met RP in the regional final. 

That is one thing about 4A. The most someone will out number you is a few hundred, not over a thousand.They need to split 5A like 4A on down.

The name of the game in 5A right now is get as close as you can to 2k enrollment. That's what it takes to compete even in D2 in 5A. 

I just love this!  I knew it was coming!! You did not play a 6A school you played a 5A school!  If you can use that then hold on to your hat.  Last year's numbers which would reflect the current standings are as follows:

Crosby 1509 -5a

Lumberton 1109- 5a

Ozen 1169- 5a

Goosecreek 1849 -5a

Richmond Foster 1970 -5a

PNG 1399- 5a

Nederland 1625-5a

WOS 594 - 4a

So my point is.... saying that they stepped on the field with a 6a team is just an excuse we are all waiting for!  Just because the numbers go up in the school does not mean they are a much better football team.  WOS beat PNG and they have 805 more students, Goosecreek has 740 more students then Lumberton and Lumberton beat them.  The size of the school has NOTHING to do with the fact you lost.  Just take your "L" and shut up.  The few Crosby fans that want put down SETX football every chance they get need to grow up and learn how to be humble.  Saying 4A doesn't have that variation in their entire class and still have two divisions true but so do you in playoffs.  So once again your point is invalid. 

I just love this!  I knew it was coming!! You did not play a 6A school you played a 5A school!  If you can use that then hold on to your hat.  Last year's numbers which would reflect the current standings are as follows:

Crosby 1509 -5a

Lumberton 1109- 5a

Ozen 1169- 5a

Goosecreek 1849 -5a

Richmond Foster 1970 -5a

PNG 1399- 5a

Nederland 1625-5a

WOS 594 - 4a

So my point is.... saying that they stepped on the field with a 6a team is just an excuse we are all waiting for!  Just because the numbers go up in the school does not mean they are a much better football team.  WOS beat PNG and they have 805 more students, Goosecreek has 740 more students then Lumberton and Lumberton beat them.  The size of the school has NOTHING to do with the fact you lost.  Just take your "L" and shut up.  The few Crosby fans that want put down SETX football every chance they get need to grow up and learn how to be humble.  Saying 4A doesn't have that variation in their entire class and still have two divisions true but so do you in playoffs.  So once again your point is invalid. 

Ridge Point turned in 2,348 on their snapshot, the 5A cutoff is 2,149. No disrespect to PNG but if you would've watched their playoff game with Angleton you can clearly see that those two places don't produce the same level of athlete.

Fort Bend county is probably the most talent rich area in Texas so it's really no comparison to a school like GCM or PNG. The RP team Crosby played last night had more D1 recruits on it than GCM and PNG have produced combined the last 10 years probably. Completely different caliber of players you're talking about  the further you get into Houston. 

The difference is 4 and 5A is that the divisions are already split and you have half the teams and districts. Enrollment sizes of teams in the 5A playoff divisions depends strictly in district size. If you have big schools in your district you can send a school like Angleton or CP to D2 with nealy 2000 kids. If you're a small district then you send a school like Ned with 1,596 D1. 

The name of the game in 5A right now is get as close as you can to 2k enrollment. That's what it takes to compete even in D2 in 5A. 

True. 22-5A is at a huge disadvantage come playoff time. Central has  less than 1800. Everyone else below 1600. PAM will only help this district. And before you say it i know GCM has 2100+ students, but it doesn't matter cuz they don't make the playoffs.

Crosby 1509 -5a

Lumberton 1109- 5a

Ozen 1169- 5a

Goosecreek 1849 -5a

Richmond Foster 1970 -5a

PNG 1399- 5a

Nederland 1625-5a

WOS 594 - 4a

Couldn't disagree more.

Growing up I was told. Never count your Chickens b4 they hatch. Make damn sure if you gonna talk the talk. You better be able to walk the walk. An respect isn't giving you gotta earn it. Seeing Crosby being eliminated in the 2nd Round is a big surprise. Especially reading and seeing the comments made by Crosby Fans on this message board b4 two a days started. Talking down on Setx Football and how invincible Crosby was. Well I'm hear to tell you I hate it for the kids, but you Crosby Fans on this message learned  a valuable lesson. Anything is possible, no team is invincible, and remain humble when winning. Seems to me Crosby got there arse kicked like WOS did by RF(5A). An the score happens to be the same 42-14 but by the same classification (5A) as Crosby. To make matters worst, Crosby season comes too a end...Don't write a check you can't cash. 

“Fort Bend County is probably the most talent rich area in Texas” True, new developments multi-cultural, and jobs makes this area attractive to millennials. IMO Fort Bend school's are going to challenge Katy ISD for the best football programs in Houston area very soon.

Edited by ladybug33

14.2 and I FINALLY agree on something. This is the exact reason you can't advance past the area round unless you have some very, very special kids. Hard to play both ways against good teams especially if you suit up less than 40 kids on varsity. And, as Buddy Garrity likes to say, it's all about match ups.