So, "About What Happened Last Night"

AggiesAreWe

????? You just repeated everything I just said????? I said Crosby is good enough to pile up W's in SETX, that's clear from their 31-0 record the last three years against team from the area with SC and King being 6A now. They're nowhere near state title caliber. It's clear the entire area plays a mediocre level of football in the 5A class, Crosby just happens to be the best of that bunch which isn't good enough even get past the second round against the better Houston area teams. Nederland is also the perfect example of how they can run through the GT but not do much else.

Mannie is one of the better wr's in the country in his class so that's where its was best felt he would help the '15 team which is why he didn't play qb. Next year he will probably be our best qb option, Cotton went 24-3 as a starter and was the best option this year.

*Nederland 75-41 overall, 53-17 in district play, 8-8 in playoffs and reached quarters in '12. Crosby is 84-34 overall, 61-13 in district play, 11-10 in the playoffs and reached the semis in '14. 

Thanks for the stats.. I honestly am not trying to jab at you, I just knew you could get the info... I do not blame anyone but the UIL... But it is what it is...

Humble pie, crow, and your foot are hard swallow. I do agree with 14.2 on the size limit of schools. UIL's current way of deciding who goes D1 or D2 plus their lunatic idea of starting new 6A schools in 5A make it awfully hard for traditional 5A schools (see our area) to advance past the area round. We faced it when we ran into Summer Creek in 2012; Div 2 and I think we go a few rounds. Add WOS to Vidor and see what happens. Nederland ran into it with Georgetown in 2013. It's hard to compete with schools that suit up 50 seniors and you have 35-40 of ALL CLASSES on your sidelines. I'm going to continue preaching it until they do something about it.

I agree to a point, but correct me if I am wrong, there is only a set amount of kids on the field playing at a time. its not like the whole team is on that field with the opposing team with say only 35 players..... you and I both know that is all for show! not every kid is going to get to play and I bet if someone sat down and figured out what kids played and how many times it would be the same if I had a small school. you play your better players, 1st string, the others are there for show and what ifs. I agree it is intimidating to see a school that big but at the end of the day its the same amount of kids on the field at a time and no matter how you look at it, if you win u out played and if you lose you got out played, simple as that.

I agree to a point, but correct me if I am wrong, there is only a set amount of kids on the field playing at a time. its not like the whole team is on that field with the opposing team with say only 35 players..... you and I both know that is all for show! not every kid is going to get to play and I bet if someone sat down and figured out what kids played and how many times it would be the same if I had a small school. you play your better players, 1st string, the others are there for show and what ifs. I agree it is intimidating to see a school that big but at the end of the day its the same amount of kids on the field at a time and no matter how you look at it, if you win u out played and if you lose you got out played, simple as that.

Way off point.. If a team has to pick 11 out of 200 kids you get better talent most of the time.. If you are picking 11 out of 100 then more than likely your talent level doesnt match up.. Its about depth and athletes..

Thanks for the stats.. I honestly am not trying to jab at you, I just knew you could get the info... I do not blame anyone but the UIL... But it is what it is...

I think the purpose of realigning every two years is to mitigate the enrollment issues. Foster and Elkins are the only two teams that should got to 6A for the '18 alignment so you shouldn't be dealing with those issues for the next couple of years. With the cutoff number as high as it is though, pretty much all the teams you would expect to be factors in the Houston area for this realignment average about 2k kids.