West Orange-Stark (11-1) vs Caldwell (8-4) Regional Round

Goblin

I was "wow'd" last night. I thought we would win this game, but knew Wharton was pretty dang athletic with some size. The Mustangs truly elevated their play and keep getting better. This game was really over in the first qtr. You could see they were on another level. We keep this up and we got a very good shot at a merry Christmas!

How well does Caldwell fans travel? Wharton did not fill up one section. Is WOS home or visitors, do we know yet?

Dont know how Caldwell Fans travel, but I know The Mustang Faithful travel well, cheering loud and proud. Going to the games its like a WOS Reunion. You run into classmate, friends you havent seen in years , old coaches and ect. My son told me, " Daddy we feed off the fans, its a great feel thats unexplainable". "Just hearing and knowing, that Mustang Faithful are behind us 112% thru thick and thin".  "It seems as if the louder THE MUSTANGS FAITHFUL cheer it raises the entire, team game to another level." "Nobody has fan like we do".

Edited by Kj Dad

My Scouting Report of Caldwell

Offensive. Caldwell has a big OL and they do a great job at the point of attack, protecting the QB and making it to the 2nd Level on run plays. Caldwell QB #7 is 6'5, he does a great job throwing the deep ball and pretty accurate on the short ball and looks to have decent speed. He also make great decisions by not turning the ball over and taking what the defense give him. Its a must WOS pressure him and take him out his comfort zone.  #7 also is the Fg kicker, punter and play kicker. #2 RB looks to be a elite RB he is electric and very fast he had over 240 yards against LM.  Its a must WOS keep him contain and bottled up all night. Caldwell  WR Core is fast and athletic as well. The 2 outside WR can stretch the field on the deep ball. #11 is  6'1 and #16 is  6'2. Both do a great job of catching the ball at its highest point. #8 Slot Wr. Is electric as well he's the brother of #2 hes a speed burner... Overall WOS Team speed is faster than Caldwell. . Caldwell is a spread team, but they also gets into the power I and run right at you. Caldwell offense is very capable of hitting you with the big play and good at sustaining long drives. The Chain Gang need to force Caldwell into a lot of 3 and Outs.  This game will be won in the trenches. Caldwell OL is big but I think the overal  speed of WOS DL and Chain Gang will give Caldwell problems all night and disrupt the timing of there offense. WOS Secondary will be tested and ready to accept the Challenge.

Defense

They are a scrappy bunch and have giving up a lot of points this season.there front 7 is average. They have a hard time stopping the run. WOS will not have a problem running the football. #11 and 16 or the CB, they like to keep everything in front of them, play about 7 to 8yds off the ball...After looking a film Caldwell will not be a push over there in the 3rd round for a reason. If WOS control the trenches I see them winning by 21+

My Scouting Report of Caldwell

Offensive. Caldwell has a big OL and they do a great job at the point of attack, protecting the QB and making it to the 2nd Level on run plays. Caldwell QB #7 is 6'5, he does a great job throwing the deep ball and pretty accurate on the short ball and looks to have decent speed. He also make great decisions by not turning the ball over and taking what the defense give him. Its a must WOS pressure him and take him out his comfort zone.  #7 also is the Fg kicker, punter and play kicker. #2 RB looks to be a elite RB he is electric and very fast he had over 240 yards against LM.  Its a must WOS keep him contain and bottled up all night. Caldwell  WR Core is fast and athletic as well. The 2 outside WR can stretch the field on the deep ball. #11 is  6'1 and #16 is  6'2. Both do a great job of catching the ball at its highest point. #8 Slot Wr. Is electric as well he's the brother of #2 hes a speed burner... Overall WOS Team speed is faster than Caldwell. . Caldwell is a spread team, but they also gets into the power I and run right at you. Caldwell offense is very capable of hitting you with the big play and good at sustaining long drives. The Chain Gang need to force Caldwell into a lot of 3 and Outs.  This game will be won in the trenches. Caldwell OL is big but I think the overal  speed of WOS DL and Chain Gang will give Caldwell problems all night and disrupt the timing of there offense. WOS Secondary will be tested and ready to accept the Challenge.

Defense

They are a scrappy bunch and have giving up a lot of points this season.there front 7 is average. They have a hard time stopping the run. WOS will not have a problem running the football. #11 and 16 or the CB, they like to keep everything in front of them, play about 7 to 8yds off the ball...After looking a film Caldwell will not be a push over there in the 3rd round for a reason. If WOS control the trenches I see them winning by 21+

Kj Dad your breakdown analysis has been on point thus far. I noticed particularly our second unit making a few sloppy plays which is how Wharton scored in the second half.  Our urgency to play on a higher level still remains high and we should not shoot ourselves in the foot by letting the referees make calls such as face mask, we had several of those; but even one announcer said on the radio not every face mask call was legit.  I know coach T and crew will make their plans and give the team the steps on how to implement and construct a win. A key point is to communicate with each other during the game and stay FOCUSED on the field. That goal can be hard for young guys 15-18 years of age, but we seem to manage that well at this point in the season. 

More rain in forecast for the game. Winds SSE 9+ MPH, 90% chance of rain all day and night, some heavy at times. Still the temp at game time will be in the 60's. Drive carefully and bring some protection from the rain. I hope the weather does not turn some people away, but I know it will. 

Gunho earlier in the year when I was telling people about them. I'm guessing people thought i was blowing smoke up there arse bekuz my kid plays on the team. I been around these kids since Flag Football and knew how special they could be. It was just a matter of them sticking together, putting the grind in, and staying focus at the task at hand. Champions or make in the offseason. #UnfinishedBusiness #OneG

Edited by ladybug33

wrong quote yall

More rain in forecast for the game. Winds SSE 9+ MPH, 90% chance of rain all day and night, some heavy at times. Still the temp at game time will be in the 60's. Drive carefully and bring some protection from the rain. I hope the weather does not turn some people away, but I know it will. 

should be this one for the umbrella information (sorry).