to all you VETS on this board

skipper

Appreciate everyones posts,as a USMC Vietnam vet 1968(time of racial issues,integration) I give credit to God/Corps=a combat infantry group=none that I had ever seen/trained with.Flag motto 2nd batt 3rd marines=war is our business,business is good.We were known in the history books as"The Hill Fights"(some of the bloodiest fighting of the war)when during Tet offensive Khe Sahn firebase was under seige by many NVA regiments who now are less of a communist threat.I've earned the right to post I was part of a great fighting teamwork combat unit,my company Hotel Co(Echo-Foxtrot-Golf Co) has 21 of us left,more have died stateside than killed in combat from diseases caused by Agent Orange.5 are in serious health as I post.Wikipedia on USMC 2/3 1967/68 medals outstanding=3 Presidental Unit Citations w/4 bronze stars,1 Navy Unit Commendation 1 silver/2 bronze stars,1 Meritorous Unit Citation w/3 bronze stars.Not 1 day goes by that I don't remember a band of american combat bros who were asked to sign a blank check to serve a Great Nation vs Communist aggression.Did we really lose(57,000 + died,enemy losses 1.4 mill SMH we kicked some serious arse,really I got multiple scars/3 surgeries for repairs.God Bless USA & All Our Troops,Remember the fallen heros on Memorial Day,then remember those that served and passed afterwards whose names are not put on a Memorial Wall to honor them as those were also American Hero's,Semper Fi Liltex(code name in Nam)

Appreciate everyones posts,as a USMC Vietnam vet 1968(time of racial issues,integration) I give credit to God/Corps=a combat infantry group=none that I had ever seen/trained with.Flag motto 2nd batt 3rd marines=war is our business,business is good.We were known in the history books as"The Hill Fights"(some of the bloodiest fighting of the war)when during Tet offensive Khe Sahn firebase was under seige by many NVA regiments who now are less of a communist threat.I've earned the right to post I was part of a great fighting teamwork combat unit,my company Hotel Co(Echo-Foxtrot-Golf Co) has 21 of us left,more have died stateside than killed in combat from diseases caused by Agent Orange.5 are in serious health as I post.Wikipedia on USMC 2/3 1967/68 medals outstanding=3 Presidental Unit Citations w/4 bronze stars,1 Navy Unit Commendation 1 silver/2 bronze stars,1 Meritorous Unit Citation w/3 bronze stars.Not 1 day goes by that I don't remember a band of american combat bros who were asked to sign a blank check to serve a Great Nation vs Communist aggression.Did we really lose(57,000 + died,enemy losses 1.4 mill SMH we kicked some serious arse,really I got multiple scars/3 surgeries for repairs.God Bless USA & All Our Troops,Remember the fallen heros on Memorial Day,then remember those that served and passed afterwards whose names are not put on a Memorial Wall to honor them as those were also American Hero's,Semper Fi Liltex(code name in Nam)

Posted a Happy Birthday yesterday in the Political to you jarheads liltex (my son is one).  I was a dumb dogface and got out late 67.  Had orders to VN but they got cancelled. Only combat I saw was fighting from bar to bar in Colorado Springs.  Lost a MC friend on Hamburger Hill.  He'd played FB in Vidor's only state semi-final appearance.  

To absent companions!

PS.  I was just called Tex in the Army so we practically kinfolks. 

Edited by REBgp
for PS

In honor of my Father who was in the Army and served in Vietnam and my Mother who was in the Navy and stationed in San Diego.

Thank You to all who served in the past and will serve in the future. Thank you to the families who sacrifice their loved ones, so that we may enjoy freedom and liberty! 

My father to this day, has never spoken of Vietnam and would never answer any questions about his time over there. He has scars that tell a story, but Ive never heard it from him.

In honor of my Father who was in the Army and served in Vietnam and my Mother who was in the Navy and stationed in San Diego.

Thank You to all who served in the past and will serve in the future. Thank you to the families who sacrifice their loved ones, so that we may enjoy freedom and liberty! 

My father to this day, has never spoken of Vietnam and would never answer any questions about his time over there. He has scars that tell a story, but Ive never heard it from him.

I hear you, same here My hubby does not like discussing the Vietnam War neither, he spent 2 terms there and he remembers the horrors of this war, what scarfices our citizens make for our country. We should have a month long honoring event for our vets IMO. Thanks for sharing your story. 

Posted a Happy Birthday yesterday in the Political to you jarheads liltex (my son is one).  I was a dumb dogface and got out late 67.  Had orders to VN but they got cancelled. Only combat I saw was fighting from bar to bar in Colorado Springs.  Lost a MC friend on Hamburger Hill.  He'd played FB in Vidor's only state semi-final appearance.  

To absent companions!

PS.  I was just called Tex in the Army so we practically kinfolks. 

Sgt Ben Williams(squad leader Tex)was already combat storied so when I arrived=liltex was a natural w/him being 6'4 me 5'10