Vidor @ Raider Nation

It's called confidence.. When you've already proven that you can move the ball offensively against the two better defenses in the district then you earn that right to be confident.. This will be a battle of which of our defenses can stop the other offense. Luckily we've been battle tested twice for this offense, bridge city being a very good test, so I think we should be ready for it. Discipline and playing your assignments and not paying attention to all the fakes in the backfield, that's what we need to focus on!

Barring any injuries this week in practice (wood knock), Lumberton should be the healthiest they've been in a while. Looking forward to a great, injury free high school football game. The Raider's defense seems to be coming together at the right time. It's amazing what a full staff of competent assistant coaches can do for your team. It's senior night so be prepared for the related delays.

Edited by spoonbill

Over 5 district games, Lumberton and Vidor have both averaged 37pts per game on offense.  During those 5 games Lumberton has allowed an avg of 30 pts while Vidor has allowed 38.  Based on those #s and throwing in a couple of turnovers and penalties, I'd say this one will be decided in the last minute of the game, just like last year.

Interesting comments from Coach Babin after their win over GCM.

Coach Mathews, what say you? :):)

The Lumberton Ledger has been interviewing him at all home games and at the end they ask for a prediction. He says a win every time. Much Twitter ado about nothing. Figured the adults would be above the children but sometimes they're worse. Everyone loves gossip. Bring on Jerry Springer lol.

Edited by spoonbill

Over 5 district games, Lumberton and Vidor have both averaged 37pts per game on offense.  During those 5 games Lumberton has allowed an avg of 30 pts while Vidor has allowed 38.  Based on those #s and throwing in a couple of turnovers and penalties, I'd say this one will be decided in the last minute of the game, just like last year.

That 83 point drubbing of Lee greatly skews the offensive points for Vidor imho. Lumberton had to play Lee at their place on their homecoming. They put up a much better fight I'd say but who knows.

The Lumberton Ledger has been interviewing him at all home games and at the end they ask for a prediction. He says a win every time. Much Twitter ado about nothing. Figured the adults would be above the children but sometimes they're worse. Everyone loves gossip. Bring on Jerry Springer lol.

Hmm... I have seen the interviews that Coach Babin gives after their games. Do not recall him making those kind of comments before. The "we are better than they are" comments I had not heard from him before. Just found it interesting.

Hmm... I have seen the interviews that Coach Babin gives after their games. Do not recall him making those kind of comments before. The "we are better than they are" comments I had not heard from him before. Just found it interesting.

so, "I feel like we're better than Vidor" becomes " we are better than they are" lol. Trollolol