Vidor @ Raider Nation

How was what yall's coach said true? we haven't even played yet. I'll get back to ya after ya'll take the L

Shows you what you know, we take the L on every kick off. Yup and we hold it up high L you guys are going to see that every  time we kick the ball to ya'll. I would say you'd hear it but your ears are going to be ringing from the horn.

There are multiple problems with this post. First, Vidor is far from perfection when it comes to the Slot-T. Second, in actuality Jeff learned the Slot-T from Randy Rowe in Livingston. Third, no way Vidor goes into Lumberton and wins with this much on the line. And finally, Vidor has not been relevant since Montana Quirante graduated because they have not had a Mike Linebacker that can make up for all the mistakes the rest of the defense makes. You, my friend robanadana are clueless.

There are multiple problems with this post.

1. Vidor's offense is averaging 32 points and over 300 yards per game...I believe that is pretty perfect. Haylon Leckelt is the number one rusher in 22-5A as of today.

2. Jeff Matthews picked up the Slot-T from Liberty Hill who won state twice with it. Dwayne Dubois was versed in it from his prior coaching mentor whose name eludes me right now. Livingston ran the wing-T in a loose formation under Randy Rowe, we run pure slot in tight formation.

3. Vidor has come into Lameburton numerous times with this much on the line and left with a W. Start in 2001 and go from there.

4. Sage Smith was all district as the "Mike" linebacker including the year after Montana graduated (we beat you that year as well).

5. I have no idea who you are; in that I am clueless. Otherwise, you need to do another fact check.  

2015 P
This is the hidden content, please
v
 x
v
 DIS. 
2014 x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i2a
P
trans.giftrans.gif
j2
DIS. 
2013 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j2
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i2a
DIS. 
2012 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j1
x
f
trans.gif
r1x
DIS. 
2011 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i5a
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j5
DIS. 
2010 x
trans.giftrans.gif
j0
P
f
trans.gif
r0x
DIS. 
2009 P
s
trans.giftrans.gif
i5a
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j5
DIS. 
2008 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i7a
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j7
DIS. 
2007 x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j8
P
s
trans.giftrans.gif
i8a
DIS. 
2006 x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j8
P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i8a
DIS. 
2005 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i1a
x
d
trans.gif
q7w
DIS. 
2004 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i0a
x
p
trans.gif
q0w
DIS. 
2003 x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j1
P
y
trans.gif
r1x
DIS. 
2002 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i1a
x
y
trans.gif
q8w
DIS. 
2001 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i6a
x
trans.giftrans.gif
j6
DIS. 
2000 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j6
x
d
trans.gif
r6x
DIS. 
1999 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j8
x
s
trans.giftrans.gif
i8a
1998 x
d
trans.gif
r8x
P
f
trans.gif
q7w
1997 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j3
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i3a
DIS. 
1996 P
v
trans.giftrans.gif
j3
x
v
trans.giftrans.gif
i3a
DIS.

Could we please quit posting about the past. Yes we know that Lumberton hasn't won many games lately. That's the only defense y'all have, because we have won more than y'all this year. And beat a team that y'all lost to. And pur DC will have our defense ready to play fundamental ball and make the reads.. But question is, how do y'all plan on stopping Rhodes running behind Thomas and that big offensive line??

There are multiple problems with this post.

1. Vidor's offense is averaging 32 points and over 300 yards per game...I believe that is pretty perfect. Haylon Leckelt is the number one rusher in 22-5A as of today.

2. Jeff Matthews picked up the Slot-T from Liberty Hill who won state twice with it. Dwayne Dubois was versed in it from his prior coaching mentor whose name eludes me right now. Livingston ran the wing-T in a loose formation under Randy Rowe, we run pure slot in tight formation.

3. Vidor has come into Lameburton numerous times with this much on the line and left with a W. Start in 2001 and go from there.

4. Sage Smith was all district as the "Mike" linebacker including the year after Montana graduated (we beat you that year as well).

5. I have no idea who you are; in that I am clueless. Otherwise, you need to do another fact check.  

You my friend are wrong as usual.  Randy Rowe is a member of THE SLOT-T Mafia. He ran it as a QB under Bruce Bush in High School and coached under Bush and has run the SLOT-T longer and better than Jeff. 

And since you don't know me, I will educate you. I have no allegiance to any SETX team. 

You my friend are wrong as usual.  Randy Rowe is a member of THE SLOT-T Mafia. He ran it as a QB under Bruce Bush in High School and coached under Bush and has run the SLOT-T longer and better than Jeff. 

And since you don't know me, I will educate you. I have no allegiance to any SETX team. 

what's your deal against Vidor man? Cuz it's obvious you have one.

what's your deal against Vidor man? Cuz it's obvious you have one.

i have nothing against Vidor, in fact I really think Jeff does a great job with the Slot-T. He goes against the grain in some aspects, running more 235 to the weak side than 234 strong, like most traditional Slot-T guys do. He attacks the weakness of the Defense like a good offensive coach should and puts his kids in great positions to have success. I think he has done the most he can with what he has and he gets everything out of his players. He is a good coach.

I have a problem with people bastardizing the facts. I know for a fact Jeff met with Randy Rowe in Livingston and Vidor has not "dominated: anybody, including Lumberton. Opinions are one thing, everybody is a "fan" of a team and can have an opinion or think their team or coach is the best. It is when people come on here spout untruths that I have to respond.

seems to me my facts outweigh yours pap, simple mathematics. I'll talk with jeff about the source of the slot....nothing like the horses mouth. Otherwise, you're welcome to checkthe other facts. And, since I'm clueless, I'll be more than happy to compare education with you. Icon at the top.

seems to me my facts outweigh yours pap, simple mathematics. I'll talk with jeff about the source of the slot....nothing like the horses mouth. Otherwise, you're welcome to checkthe other facts. And, since I'm clueless, I'll be more than happy to compare education with you. Icon at the top.

Looking at the numbers, in the past 12 years, Vidor has won 7 and Lumberton 5, that is not domination.

I would like for you to ask Jeff if he ever met with RR about the Solt-T. Knowing Jeff, I'm sure he was thorough and met with multiple people before making the decision to implement the offense. And, of course the hiring of DuBois had a huge impact on how it was run.

Averaging 300 yards and 32 points is not perfection, however it is very good. The defense in Vidor has been the source of the problem recently, correct?

As for Education, I'm sure your Doctorate trumps my Masters Degree, so no sweat off my brow.

I know ya'll take the L on every kick off, and majority of ya'lls games too.

Careful......Anything can happen on Friday night.......BUT

You guys let a team 0-8 score 54 points on you.........

I will let the Ozen results speak for themselves......

I will put my money on Lumberton based on THIS YEARS stat's

Upon looking a little closer at this year so far in District, here is my honest evaluation of this game.. Everyone says Vidor's offense can't be stopped. But I say the same for Lumberton's too.. The only team Vidor scored more points on than we did was Lee with 83 points (which is crazy! lol), but we still scored 58 so we weren't far behind. Ozen, vidor scored 28, we scored 51. The other games have been pretty even, we tied on points scored against Central, and we had 1 more point against GCM so pretty even there too... So it's a toss up on who's offense is better..

Defense wise, it's a no brainer. Against Lee vidor allowed 54, us 36.. Ozen they allowed 42, us 29.. GCM they allowed 24, us 14.. And Central they allowed 36 to our 28 allowed.. So against same opponents our defense is clearly the better unit..

So, the key to this game is will our defense make enough stops against their offense.... Because I don't see their defense stopping our offense, especially with most everyone healthy. With all the crap talking going on here, I think we can all agree that this will be a good game. And I don't think either team is the clear winner, although I do 100% believe Lumberton will pull it off. Good luck to all and let the pads do the talking!

Upon looking a little closer at this year so far in District, here is my honest evaluation of this game.. Everyone says Vidor's offense can't be stopped. But I say the same for Lumberton's too.. The only team Vidor scored more points on than we did was Lee with 83 points (which is crazy! lol), but we still scored 58 so we weren't far behind. Ozen, vidor scored 28, we scored 51. The other games have been pretty even, we tied on points scored against Central, and we had 1 more point against GCM so pretty even there too... So it's a toss up on who's offense is better..

Defense wise, it's a no brainer. Against Lee vidor allowed 54, us 36.. Ozen they allowed 42, us 29.. GCM they allowed 24, us 14.. And Central they allowed 36 to our 28 allowed.. So against same opponents our defense is clearly the better unit..

So, the key to this game is will our defense make enough stops against their offense.... Because I don't see their defense stopping our offense, especially with most everyone healthy. With all the crap talking going on here, I think we can all agree that this will be a good game. And I don't think either team is the clear winner, although I do 100% believe Lumberton will pull it off. Good luck to all and let the pads do the talking!

The 58 scored against Lee was also at their place on their homecoming. The 83 Vidor scored was a home game for Vidor.

It may have been district but I know they've went multiple yrs without winning a game in either district or a whole season, I'm not real sure cuz I don't keep up with Lum. Either way, if we're talkin' relevancy they'd be less relevent, which is what I was getting to.

Vidor fan talking about past history in district or overall is pretty funny.   They had their share of 0-10 seasons as well.

1940                     0-9-0
1943                     0-8-0
1952                    0-10-0
1962                    0-10-0
1971                    0-10-0          
1972                    0-10-0          
1973                    0-10-0
1974                     0-9-1
1987                    0-10-0 
1990                    0-10-0
1993                    0-10-0
1995                    0-10-0