5.    Beckville, 7-0, 69, 5, 10/23 vs. #1 Shelbyville

6.    Chester, 7-0, 55, 6, 10/23 at Leverett's Chapel

7.  Beaumont Legacy Christian, 6-1, 47, 7, 10/23 vs. Bryan St. Joseph

8.  Normangee, 5-2, 33, 10, 10/23 vs. #10 Evadale

9.  West Sabine, 4-3, 18, NA, 10/23 at Cushing

10. Evadale, 4-3, 6, NA, 10/23 at #8 Normangee

Others receiving votes: Baytown Christian 2

Edited by WOSgrad

Like the BCS, it's not how you start but how you finish.

Obviously that was a flawed system which is why they got rid of it. I think it's a fallacy to penalize Dayton for a tougher schedule and reward Nederland for piling up W's on weaker teams. Dayton beat Nederland head to head and they also played Crosby tougher than Nederland did.

I personally do think Nederland is getting better but we also heard the same thing last year before they lost to a 4th place team that got in on the last day.  

Well, at this point you win you rise, you lose you drop.  But I'll acknowledge that in this instance, that creates a legit beef for the folks from Dayton. 

However, the posts above raise the following question in my mind...If it creates a legit beef for the folks from Dayton, why is it that the folks from Crosby are the ones making the beef?

Well, at this point you win you rise, you lose you drop.  But I'll acknowledge that in this instance, that creates a legit beef for the folks from Dayton.

However, the posts above raise the following question in my mind...If it creates a legit beef for the folks from Dayton, why is it that the folks from Crosby are the ones making the beef?

Dayton just took their most painful L of the season, the last thing they're going to do right now is make waves about being better than team A or B. If you ask LilTex he'll probably tell you the roof is caving in, soon as they beat PNG in bi-district they'll be talking about a possible regional final matchup with Crosby again though.

Dayton just took their most painful L of the season, the last thing they're going to do right now is make waves about being better than team A or B. If you ask LilTex he'll probably tell you the roof is caving in, soon as they beat PNG in bi-district they'll be talking about a possible regional final matchup with Crosby again though.

odds are greater that they lose 2nd round by one point. (Not joking) 

Roof not caving in but I'm concerned like I have been last 4 yrs=Friends is friends,business is business.I'm all about kiddos success,hundreds that read my posts know it,tell me regularly cause I don't/won't hide behind a screen name & lie.I'm identifible@games not for gain,as a pillar what a real fan should be=about kids(none I could father,(Vietnam)adopted 3 baby boys,coached em in Dayt youth baseball 9 yrs thru pony league(best yrs of my life)all my coached kiddos still call me coach(my rewards),all grown/successful Praise God & Go Broncos

Roof not caving in but I'm concerned like I have been last 4 yrs=Friends is friends,business is business.I'm all about kiddos success,hundreds that read my posts know it,tell me regularly cause I don't/won't hide behind a screen name & lie.I'm identifible@games not for gain,as a pillar what a real fan should be=about kids(none I could father,(Vietnam)adopted 3 baby boys,coached em in Dayt youth baseball 9 yrs thru pony league(best yrs of my life)all my coached kiddos still call me coach(my rewards),all grown/successful Praise God & Go Broncos

Well Tex, when I was telling you this stuff a few years ago you kept trying to put records in my face. I was trying to explain to you why from an analytics standpoint. You're so loyal to Stewart you can't see what Hancock is doing. He isnt Stewart but that doesn't mean that's the reason the results are slipping. 

Other than BH he really hasn't lost a game he shouldn't have. He's lost to Crosby, and high enrollment teams with D1 players. 

I think snapshot day is going to make it official, Dayton will be the smallest school in the district next realignment. That's hard to deal with in a growing district if you don't have an above average participation rate. Dayton probably has less than 30 kids that I saw on the freshman team, they probably play 18. There's 3 or 4 kids they run into the ground playing them both ways trying to win instead of trying to develop 3 or 4 more players 'cause you know only about half those kids will play as seniors. That's a tough way to do it in today's game. 

I know it's tough to come to terms with after watching Stew's reign, but Dayton is just out-manned sometime. Now that Dayton is locked into D2 I think the focus needs to be on becoming a region title contender instead of the state aspirations under Stewart. I don't see any reason that can't be done. 

Not responding to your post per se but using it to make the following point.... :)

Maybe it is like Shepherd beating Huffman-Hargrave but HH is currently ranked 4th in 4A/3A and Shepherd is ranked 11th.

I am sure that there are other head to head or common opponent type situations and always will be. No matter if you are polling for Dave Campbell's, Old Coach, SETX Sports or AP in high school, college or whatever, there is no perfect world where all ranked teams always beat everyone below them and never lose to a school that is unranked but has beaten a ranked team above them that is getting votes.

And if Nederland loses this week and PNG wins, PNG will be back above Nederland in the rankings.... a team that they lost to just the week before.

Why did Nederland beat the #3 team and rise only one spot but the same #3 team lost on the last play of the game and dropped 5 spots???

It is an "opinion" poll just like all other polls. 

Edited by tvc184

Not responding to your post per se but using it to make the following point.... :)

Maybe it is like Shepherd beating Huffman-Hargrave but HH is currently ranked 4th in 4A/3A and Shepherd is ranked 11th.

I am sure that there are other head to head or common opponent type situations and always will be. No matter if you are polling for Dave Campbell's, Old Coach, SETX Sports or AP in high school, college or whatever, there is no perfect world where all ranked teams always beat everyone below them and never lose to a school that is unranked but has beaten a ranked team above them that is getting votes.

And if Nederland loses this week and PNG wins, PNG will be back above Nederland in the rankings.... a team that they lost to just the week before.

Why did Nederland beat the #3 team and rise only one spot but the same #3 team lost on the last play of the game and dropped 5 spots???

It is an "opinion" poll just like all other polls. 

Completely agree.  Heck, every situation that you mentioned is one that I have been involved in or will be in....and that is including placing Nederland (who beat the #3 team in the poll) ahead of Dayton (who lost to the #1 team in the poll).

Well Tex, when I was telling you this stuff a few years ago you kept trying to put records in my face. I was trying to explain to you why from an analytics standpoint. You're so loyal to Stewart you can't see what Hancock is doing. He isnt Stewart but that doesn't mean that's the reason the results are slipping. 

Other than BH he really hasn't lost a game he shouldn't have. He's lost to Crosby, and high enrollment teams with D1 players. 

I think snapshot day is going to make it official, Dayton will be the smallest school in the district next realignment. That's hard to deal with in a growing district if you don't have an above average participation rate. Dayton probably has less than 30 kids that I saw on the freshman team, they probably play 18. There's 3 or 4 kids they run into the ground playing them both ways trying to win instead of trying to develop 3 or 4 more players 'cause you know only about half those kids will play as seniors. That's a tough way to do it in today's game. 

I know it's tough to come to terms with after watching Stew's reign, but Dayton is just out-manned sometime. Now that Dayton is locked into D2 I think the focus needs to be on becoming a region title contender instead of the state aspirations under Stewart. I don't see any reason that can't be done. 

So your saying Dayton should aspire to be regional tittle contenders. The same region Crosby is basically going to still be locked into as D2 unless BH starts competing. You do realize other than BH Dayton and Crosby have been the 2 smallest schools in the district since 08 and with the exception of BH probably moving up a notch it will be the same.

Edited by bronco pride

Dayt folk have not complained on rankings,we lost to 3 top setx ranked teams,btw I been a Bronco fan since Kenneth Almond 60's days,heck yeah I love Jerry Stewart(we real good friends)& he still in Hancocks ear daily,reason why we competitive

Edited by liltex

So your saying Dayton should aspire to be regional tittle contenders. The same region Crosby is basically going to still be locked into as D2 unless BH starts competing. You do realize other than BH Dayton and Crosby have been the 2 smallest schools in the district since 08 and with the exception of BH probably moving up a notch it will be the same.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Crosby may be locked into D2 but you would never see them again until the 4th round. I think the focus need to be on trying to win the three games it takes to get you there. With Shadow Creek and Fulshear opening up next year it will probably drop Manvel and Foster into 5A-D2 for the next realignment and make it the toughest region in the state for 5A. Throw in teams like Brenham, Crosby and College Station and if you can win that you're probably a legit title contender anyway.

As the Houston area grows creating more and more powerhouse schools the games from the second round forward will become harder and harder to win. Living in this area of the region that's just the hand we've been dealt. I still think every three or four years Dayton should have a shot at winning it though.   

That's exactly what I'm saying. Crosby may be locked into D2 but you would never see them again until the 4th round. I think the focus need to be on trying to win the three games it takes to get you there. With Shadow Creek and Fulshear opening up next year it will probably drop Manvel and Foster into 5A-D2 for the next realignment and make it the toughest region in the state for 5A. Throw in teams like Brenham, Crosby and College Station and if you can win that you're probably a legit title contender anyway.

As the Houston area grows creating more and more powerhouse schools the games from the second round forward will become harder and harder to win. Living in this area of the region that's just the hand we've been dealt. I still think every three or four years Dayton should have a shot at winning it though.   

I not sure what the focus of our coaches are because I can not speak for them. I would assume winning the first 3 rounds and making it to the regional final had always been their focus.

Edited by bronco pride