Kirbyville @ East Chambers THURSDAY 11-5-15

Speedkills

Since I have not seen either team this year, I'm not in a position to judge either based on the "eye test". Based on what I have gleaned from the discussions regarding these two teams during the year, this is my take on the game:

1. With the exception of two games the teams have played the same schedule. I'm not sure how big of a difference there is in playing Hamshire-Fannett and Orangefield, but Bridge City is definitely a better opponent than Tarkington. That would give Kirbyville a bit of an edge in schedule, but it was one game and early in the season. Probably not a major factor at this point (at least in my mind).
  2. Kirbyville's forte appears to be offense. Great offensive numbers this year but will probably find it more difficult to move the ball and score on the East Chambers defense than most any they have faced this year.
  3. East Chamber's forte has been defense. Great defensive numbers this year but will probably find it more difficult to stop Kirbyville's offense than most any they've faced this year.
  4. The Kirbyville defense and East Chambers offense don't get as much credit as the Kirbyville offense and East Chambers defense, but neither appears to be a glaring weakness.
  5. This game could come down to which teams strength is able to get the upper hand.
  6. Likewise, the strengths could even each other out and it could come down to the match-up between the Kville O and EC D.
  7. I don't really think either team will win dominating just on offense or defense. The team that has most complete performance on both sides of the ball is going to come out on top.
  8. Add the third side of the ball: This could easily be a game that is so evenly matched that it turns on special teams. I just don't know enough about the special teams units of the two teams to know how they might factor in.

Of course I could have just been wasting my time typing this.....I have been wrong plenty of time in the past...LOL

Total Points Scored Against       E.C. DEFENSE   47

Total Points Scored Against    K-Ville DEFENSE 105

Total Points Offense Scored by E.C. 354

Total Points Offense Scored by K-Ville  328

this may be true but you also have to take into consideration that our team does put in the 2nd string when we are really ahead, can u image what it would be if Coach Neece kept our starters in even on blow outs??? So in my opinion you cant go by the scores, every team is different. I do think that this will be the best game by far of the season and I hope all players and fans and bands travel safely and if all goes right the Cats will walk away with the big Win!!!!! but it ill be a nail bitter