Kirbyville @ East Chambers THURSDAY 11-5-15

Speedkills

I was seriously thinking about making the trip to Winnie for this one on Friday. Since it has been moved to Thursday there is no way I can make it.

Probably better for EC though. The last two times I made the trip to watch a big district match up, Newton handed us our heads on a platter. I think EC's chances for victory improved significantly as soon as they moved the game to Thursday and eliminated the possibility of me being in attendance...LOL

I will be following the game on here though....GO BUCS!!

The game won't be that lop sided for sure! But I think people see that EC is the better team lots of talent that people don't know about, unless you have watched EC all season!!

No, people see an undefeated record going against one with a loss. Most all of the people that chose EC over Kirbyville have not seen either team play and have no idea of the talent on either side. Now I don't fault them for that, but to say that everybody sees EC as 'the better team' is ridiculous because they don't know anything about EITHER team except their records. Last years game also was between an 8-1 Kirbyville team and a 9-0 EC team and we all know how that turned out. Won't be any different this year..

I can see why WildcatBacker is upset. Out of the first 26 picks in the pickum contest, people picked EC 25 out of the first 26 picks. He said it was RIDICULOUSLY obvious all of you do not know anything about Kirbyville, or maybe he just doesn't know anything about EC.

Crow receipts needed.

I can see why WildcatBacker is upset. Out of the first 26 picks in the pickum contest, people picked EC 25 out of the first 26 picks. He said it was RIDICULOUSLY obvious all of you do not know anything about Kirbyville, or maybe he just doesn't know anything about EC.

Crow receipts needed.

Holy geez purpleeagle. Your whole post was really sad. First of all...coattail riding is kinda pathetic my friend. You need to go console your fellow fans and y'alls 5-4 record. Second...I said most of the people that voted for EC don't know anything about EITHER team, not just Kirbyville. And last, I know quite a bit about EC, as well as Kirbyville and so knowing both teams....I pick my Wildcats in a high scoring shootout like I've said all along. Also...be very very glad y'all didn't play us and/or EC this year or I can guarantee your record would be 3-6. You know it as well as everyone else does. You should crawl back under the porch since you have no dog in this fight, and let the big boys figure it all out. :)

Holy geez purpleeagle. Your whole post was really sad. First of all...coattail riding is kinda pathetic my friend. You need to go console your fellow fans and y'alls 5-4 record. Second...I said most of the people that voted for EC don't know anything about EITHER team, not just Kirbyville. And last, I know quite a bit about EC, as well as Kirbyville and so knowing both teams....I pick my Wildcats in a high scoring shootout like I've said all along. Also...be very very glad y'all didn't play us and/or EC this year or I can guarantee your record would be 3-6. You know it as well as everyone else does. You should crawl back under the porch since you have no dog in this fight, and let the big boys figure it all out. :)

5-4 wow, after this week we are 0-0    Maybe we will get lucky and win a few down the road.

Backer I "have" watched both teams and EC is the more complete team ( offense, defense, and special teams as a whole).  I do believe Kirbyville has a slight edge on the offensive side of the ball, but will give up to much defensively.  Sutherland will have a game plan to take advantage of any weaknesses and EC will win. I'll be pulling for the Kats, but this is a heck of a test, especially in Winnie. Hey give me Kirbyville's offense, EC's defense and Sutherland coaching and we could get out of Region 3

No, people see an undefeated record going against one with a loss. Most all of the people that chose EC over Kirbyville have not seen either team play and have no idea of the talent on either side. Now I don't fault them for that, but to say that everybody sees EC as 'the better team' is ridiculous because they don't know anything about EITHER team except their records. Last years game also was between an 8-1 Kirbyville team and a 9-0 EC team and we all know how that turned out. Won't be any different this year..

I know last year their records were the same, but this EC team is different. Yes they haven't been tested, but teams can have a weak schedule and not have convincing wins. All of EC's wins have been complete domination on both sides of the ball! As for K-Ville I think they are one of the most talented teams in the state, and might be the most athletic (I haven't seen Yoe), but I see EC pulling this one out! Last home game for a lot of seniors!!

Two interesting interviews:

This is the hidden content, please

Here is another pickem for you:

I like this stat :

Edited by ECFAN#1

Stats and rankings mean nothing Yoe stumbled in at 6-4 last year and ran the table convincingly there are no powder puffs from here on out. You either show up or start dribbling the next week.  

I agree, a lot of people are going off record, but as we all know when it comes down to game times records mean nothing. It's about who shows up to play, and wants it more, especially this time of year! We all know this region is by far the toughest as far a depth of good teams go!!

Less than 24 hrs now till kickoff. It's the #1 offense in the district vs the #1 defense (as well as the #2 offense vs the #2 defense) This game has everything you hope to see in a high school football game and more. Good luck to both sides and if things go like I know they can, I'll see y'all back here Fri morning to talk about both 9-1 teams. :) 

Loser of this game most likely will get the Grandview  Zebras in the 2nd round with Yoe waiting for the winner in the 3rd. The winner will most likely get Rockdale in the 2nd with Teague awaiting the winner in the 3rd so there are no easy roads. Win or lose the road to region 3 still goes through Cameron Yoe

The winner of EC/Kirbyville will get either West or Troy in the second round.

Kirbyville will win this game by 2 scores.  Kirbyville has more talent and overall better team. EC is more disciplined however there stud running back has a ankle injury and they rely heavily on him.

Silcox will be just fine, ankle is healed up and ready to go...and don't be surprised when his name isn't the only one you hear called (More talent than the news highlights show)