Kirbyville @ East Chambers THURSDAY 11-5-15

Speedkills

EC plays the Woodville Eagles this week.

EC needs to focus on the Woodville Eagles, the whole Woodville Eagles, and nothing but the Woodville Eagles.

EC plays the Woodville Eagles this week.

Good Lord dude really? This is a fun message board....not the locker room at game time of the state championship. Lighten up and talk some trash. Lol.. 

I think kville might win this one.  I think EC might win this one .Going back to a eairler post about no matter who wins they will meet again in the playoffs.  It's possible yes... . I don't see either team making it that far.  Hope they do but just don't see it happening. 

Unlike Kirbyville, East Chambers does not run the score up on weaker teams.  Most of the points given up by EC this year were after the starters were pulled, several times at halftime.  Kirbyville has left starters in the game into the 4th quarter, so don't be fooled by how badly each team has beaten common opponents.  It should be a good game.  I think EC will win by virtue of their stellar, disciplined defensive play. 

EC     40        Kirbyville  27

Unlike Kirbyville, East Chambers does not run the score up on weaker teams.  Most of the points given up by EC this year were after the starters were pulled, several times at halftime.  Kirbyville has left starters in the game into the 4th quarter, so don't be fooled by how badly each team has beaten common opponents.  It should be a good game.  I think EC will win by virtue of their stellar, disciplined defensive play. 

EC     40        Kirbyville  27

You obviously have been to no Kirbyville games and have no idea what you're talking about. We pull our starters just as quickly as EC or anyone else once the game is in hand. It's just that our backups are very talented too and when you're handed the ball, you run. Sometimes it ends up in a score. Never trying to run up the score on anybody. In fact we kicked a field goal on 3rd and goal from the 5 against Hardin last week JUST TO KEEP FROM scoring a td. It's obvious from your name that you're biased here so it's all good. Just show some class and learn the facts before calling someone else class-less.

First of all, I didn't call anyone classless.  Read my post again.  You are correct, I haven't been to any Kirbyville games.  I guess I was lied to by a former athletic director and head football coach from our district, along with an assistant coach from EC.  I still stand by my prediction.  I guess we will find out next week.  It is strange, however, when EC is up on a team 35-0 at halftime, the final score is 42-7.  Kirbyville is up 35-0 at halftime, the final score is 66-7.  Numbers don't lie.  EC players are told not to humiliate the other teams.   Kirbyville only has 20 or so players on varsity?  WOW.  They better drink a lot of Red Bull.

First of all, I didn't call anyone classless.  Read my post again.  You are correct, I haven't been to any Kirbyville games.  I guess I was lied to by a former athletic director and head football coach from our district, along with an assistant coach from EC.  I still stand by my prediction.  I guess we will find out next week.  It is strange, however, when EC is up on a team 35-0 at halftime, the final score is 42-7.  Kirbyville is up 35-0 at halftime, the final score is 66-7.  Numbers don't lie.  EC players are told not to humiliate the other teams.   Kirbyville only has 20 or so players on varsity?  WOW.  They better drink a lot of Red Bull.

Further proof that you're speaking without knowing. If you're referring to the Hardin game, we were up 56-0 at half and the final was 66-0. The final TD was scored on a pick 6 (what was he supposed to do after intercepting...fall down?) and then the field goal which only happened because our BACKUPS were too much for Hardin to handle too and got too close. I think this will by far be the best game either team has faced this year...and it could go either way. But just as you mentioned not comparing Kirbyville's numbers to EC numbers against common opponents, if I were you...I wouldn't be so quick to think EC's "stellar, disciplined.." defense up to now is in any way indicative of what they'll be facing next Fri night. Kirbyville's offense is incredible. I mean, incredible. But what the heck...good luck to y'all.

Wildcat, I was at the Kirbyville vs Buna game and Gore was still throwing deep routes with less than 3 mins left in the game trying to score again, and this was not hearsay I watched the game...

Couple of pertinent facts....Buna was Kirbyvilles only regular season loss last year so they were a threat this year....they scored 26pts against us which is the most we've given up to any team so if you score, we score back....this game was back and forth for a while and we never had it well in hand till late anyway....and lastly, Kirbyvilles strength is the run game, not the passing game. So if you see us running the ball late with all the starters still in, you might have an argument.