Kirbyville @ East Chambers THURSDAY 11-5-15

Speedkills

Kirbyville is not the team they were last year. Yes, they beat Woodville easily. But it was only as bad as it was because Woodville made a ton of mistakes and turned the ball over four times. They still would've beaten them, but not nearly as bad. They can still beat EC, but the Bucs are the better team this year. BUT.....this will be a great game and could go either way. I think EC wins at home and pulls away late. 

EC plays the Buna Cougars, Friday night.

And I'm sure Sutherland has them focused on the Buna Cougars and only that. But me, just your casual, easily entertained sports fan, have no need to focus on only this week's EC game. It has no bearing on me, nor my Alma mater. Lol

Edited by eagleswoodville#1

Kirbyville is not the team they were last year. Yes, they beat Woodville easily. But it was only as bad as it was because Woodville made a ton of mistakes and turned the ball over four times. They still would've beaten them, but not nearly as bad. They can still beat EC, but the Bucs are the better team this year. BUT.....this will be a great game and could go either way. I think EC wins at home and pulls away late. 

I agree. We're better than last year. It took a game or two for it all to click, but it's clicking now. Our defense needs to stop letting their guard down and giving up those late points after a hefty lead is there, but none the less.....we're ready to play, and ready to win, over anyone we face.

I agree. We're better than last year. It took a game or two for it all to click, but it's clicking now. Our defense needs to stop letting their guard down and giving up those late points after a hefty lead is there, but none the less.....we're ready to play, and ready to win, over anyone we face.

Hey, you may be right. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong and won't be the last lol I just saw a whole different level of dominance and execution from last year's team. I saw alot of plays where they seemed very undisciplined. But maybe that was just against Woodville, I'm not sure. I hope they go far. I'd love to see one of these two teams when I travel to Houston in December. 

Both teams need to stay focused and prepare for the teams remaining on schedule and take care of business and STAY HEALTHY so this game can live up to the expectations that everyone has been waiting for. So let's lay this to rest for a couple of weeks and then let the smack talking begin when we know that everyone is 100% and ready for the biggest game of the year for both teams.

Based solely on common opponents, (I know, it means nothing come game time but it's all we have to go on for now..) it looks like EC has the slight edge of having the better defense, and Kirbyville has the better offense by about the same margin. I'm going with my Wildcats in a high scoring shootout, by a very close score...something like 49-42. 

EC wins this one. Kirbyville's offense is explosive, but defense wins championships. EC won't have trouble scoring and will make enough plays on defense to win

Could very well happen, but EC has not faced an offense anywhere NEAR the caliber of Kirbyvilles. I can assure you Kirbyville won't have any trouble scoring either, and with the exception of getting lazy and allowing some late game trash TD's to several teams after the games were well in hand, Kirbyvilles defense has been just as solid. I think this is going to be a great game and both teams will be fired up and ready to play.

I am not gonna give any predictions on the score of this game but there is one thing that I can tell you. There's no way KV puts 49 points on EC unless they just have a sloppy offensive game with turnovers giving up short fields 

Both teams are solid on both sides of the ball but I think it'll be high scoring instead of low scoring based on two things...1) Kirbyville has an incredibly awesome offense. Much, much, MUCH better than anything EC has faced yet, so what EC has done defensively up to now isn't a good indication of how they'll do against us and 2) Kirbyville's defense has shown signs of weaknesses at times that I have no doubt EC will find and exploit every chance they get. So no matter how many (or few) points either team has scored or given up, I see this game lasting a full 48 mins of nothing but score after score. 

Guest ECBucFan

EC plays the Woodville Eagles this week.

EC needs to focus on the Woodville Eagles, the whole Woodville Eagles, and nothing but the Woodville Eagles.

EC plays the Woodville Eagles this week.