Enrollment numbers

So the infrastructure is already in place in the case of these mega-6As. In Allen's case,  you could turn those 3 campuses into 3 5As. :-) 

They only have 2 campuses located on the same block. A much smaller 9th grade center and a larger 10-12th school. That is how it is done everywhere with a 9th grade center. They are smaller and couldn't handle a split. Plano is different than anywhere else in the country.

So no school has ever checked transfer and move in kids out on the snap shot day... lol

That's not even the tip of the iceberg.  Those numbers are not checked....schools are not audited on that...they could turn in whatever they wanted (within reason).  In fact...you'd be surprised how many do just that.  Especially in the smaller classifications. Lot's of "border" schools smudge all the time.  By border I mean close to the border  (projected) of 2 classifications.

Lot of ways around it.

That's not even the tip of the iceberg.  Those numbers are not checked....schools are not audited on that...they could turn in whatever they wanted (within reason).  In fact...you'd be surprised how many do just that.  Especially in the smaller classifications. Lot's of "border" schools smudge all the time.  By border I mean close to the border  (projected) of 2 classifications.

Lot of ways around it.

That's not 100% true. Schools can be audited by the TEA in regard to "Snapshot" attendances. Teachers are required to complete and sign an attendance form verifying who is sitting in your classroom on the Snapshot day, 

Now this may be done differently at smaller schools. 

That's not 100% true. Schools can be audited by the TEA in regard to "Snapshot" attendances. Teachers are required to complete and sign an attendance form verifying who is sitting in your classroom on the Snapshot day, 

Now this may be done differently at smaller schools. 

GCMpats2, I keep hearing you guys say that GCM will move up to 6A.  I'm having a hard time believing that GCM's high school enrollment grew from 1849 to 2164 in just 2 years.  2164 is the # that one of the GCM fans posted earlier.  That kind of increase in just 2 years is hard to believe, unless one of your other high schools was closed down.  Could that # be right?

Edited by AthleticSupporter - Jock

A former coach from East Chambers told me that they did it for years. Not saying they still do, but I am certain that there are far more little schools that do it than do not. It was also rumored in the early 2000's that Anahuac was doing the same thing.

GCMpats2, I keep hearing you guys say that GCM will move up to 6A.  I'm having a hard time believing that GCM's high school enrollment grew from 1849 to 2164 in just 2 years.  2164 is the # that one of the GCM fans posted earlier.  That kind of increase in just 2 years is hard to believe, unless one of your other high schools was closed down.  Could that # be right?

100% true. The majority of the new homes being built in Baytown are in the GCM attendance zones (area near I-10). GCM is currently at 117% of it's capacity. They have 14 portable classrooms.

Most of the new elementary schools have been built in the GCM attendance zone. Highlands Junior High (GCM's primary feeder school) is at or near capacity. HJS is a brand new, replacement building and they have at least 6 portable classrooms already.

They can balance the numbers by shifting kids to REL (who is way below capacity) from RSS and moving some of the GCM kids back to RSS. However, it looks like GCM and RSS will both be 6A no matter what they do.

Guest ECBucFan

A former coach from East Chambers told me that they did it for years. Not saying they still do, but I am certain that there are far more little schools that do it than do not. It was also rumored in the early 2000's that Anahuac was doing the same thing.

Who? Will you name your source? I have lived here for almost all my adult life. I know (or know about) almost all the kids in this town and this school. I know the general numbers of the graduating classes as they move through, too.The numbers add up correctly. This accusation is total BS!

THINK.-- Why would EC even do this IF THEY ARE NO WHERE EVEN NEAR A CUTOFF NUMBER? If for example the range is 200 to 400, and EC has 315 kids, WHY WOULD THEY HIDE OR LIE? Why wouldn't they just report "315" ??? NOTHING TO GAIN! Can you show me an example of EC narrowly missing a cutoff number?

Edited by ECBucFan

Who? Will you name your source? I have lived here for almost all my adult life. I know (or know about) almost all the kids in this town and this school. I know the general numbers of the graduating classes as they move through, too.The numbers add up correctly. This accusation is total BS!

THINK.-- Why would EC even do this IF THEY ARE NO WHERE EVEN NEAR A CUTOFF NUMBER? If for example the range is 200 to 400, and EC has 315 kids, WHY WOULD THEY HIDE OR LIE? Why wouldn't they just report "315" ??? NOTHING TO GAIN! Can you show me an example of EC narrowly missing a cutoff number?

Scott Jones?

(Just kidding of course. Love the Jones family. Scrapper Sunday!)

Jones is not a former coach...

With that out of the way, I am still waiting for MH2 to give an explanation of his accusations.

I really doubt he's gonna give a name of a coach that actually told him that.  (If it's true)  

But I will say this...the cutoff hasn't always been 400.  I'm sure there was a time probably not very alignments ago when EC was a little closer to that cutoff.  I'm not accusing..just saying

GCM numbers are probably right. Alot of homes being built over there. The expansions are booming and unless you want to pay $250,000 plus starting out in Mont Belvieu, you can get more affordable housing in GCM area. Barbers Hill will have some major growth in the coming years. I know of the Friendswood Corporation purchased 1600 acres for a new master planned community and there is several new subdivisions being built as we speak. The city of Mont Belvieu just approved a large shopping center that's going to bring in an HEB with quite of bit of shopping stores as well.The city also approved a $1 million dollar Mont Belvieu sign to be placed coming into the city (scratching my head on that purchase). Point is, between GCM area and Mont Belvieu, there is about to be some major development going on and alot more people moving to those areas.

Guest ECBucFan

Did you miss I said "FOR EXAMPLE IF 400..." 200 to 400 was an illustration only. The numbers change every 2 years and I won't attempt posting them all.  

What makes this a total unfounded BS accusation is that during much of the past 20 years (when EC has dominated) EC was in the BOTTOM HALF of the district, attendance wise. Even then we heard other BS accusations like "well, Winnie has a McDonalds there, or.. a car dealership there, etc. so, they MUST be larger than they say. Thats a huge pile of BS. Much of it came for intensely jealous Hardin people. 

If he wants to go on record saying "a former EC coach" trying to prove validity, he needs to name names. We are waiting.

Did you miss I said "FOR EXAMPLE IF 400..." 200 to 400 was an illustration only. The numbers change every 2 years and I won't attempt posting them all.  

What makes this a total unfounded BS accusation is that during much of the past 20 years (when EC has dominated) EC was in the BOTTOM HALF of the district, attendance wise. Even then we heard other BS accusations like "well, Winnie has a McDonalds there, or.. a car dealership there, etc. so, they MUST be larger than they say. Thats a huge pile of BS. Much of it came for intensely jealous Hardin people. 

If he wants to go on record saying "a former EC coach" trying to prove validity, he needs to name names. We are waiting.

lol..  Why are you getting defensive?  I said I wasn't accusing.  To be honest...I could care less.  I hope they are fudging the number.  At least that would mean they are trying to win..more so than a lot of the teams in the area in that aspect.  But I doubt they are...because just like much of setx, they don't really know how things are around the state.

And I'm not from Hardin, but I do at least understand that Winnie probably has businesses that other small schools don't because of Interstate 10.  If that makes you feel any better.

And for the record, EC has never dominated anything other than this area.  Ever.  

Guest ECBucFan

Why are YOU wanting a fight? You are posting a lot in this thread for some one who "could cares less". Oh. I forgot, you hate all SETX teams, Mr. Troll.

No. EC does not have to "fudge numbers". Stupid accusations. 2A (now 3A) EC used to play all 3A teams (now 4A) and SWEEP THEM  in pre-district games. So, why would EC fear moving up, if it had to? Newton and WOS also were (or was) the smallest team in their respective districts, and they too, dominated their larger district mates. Why don't YOU and MH2 tee off on them too? 

Again, OS2, you must have severe reading comprehension difficulties. I never said EC "DOMINATED THE STATE". EC has, however, easily been the overall dominate team in our district through the last 20 years. Hate on all you want, but thats the truth. Deal with it.   

Why are YOU wanting a fight? You are posting a lot in this thread for some one who "could cares less". Oh. I forgot, you hate all SETX teams, Mr. Troll.

No. EC does not have to "fudge numbers". Stupid accusations. 2A (now 3A) EC used to play all 3A teams (now 4A) and SWEEP THEM  in pre-district games. So, why would EC fear moving up, if it had to? Newton and WOS also were (or was) the smallest team in their respective districts, and they too, dominated their larger district mates. Why don't YOU and MH2 tee off on them too? 

Again, OS2, you must have severe reading comprehension difficulties. I never said EC "DOMINATED THE STATE". EC has, however, easily been the overall dominate team in our district through the last 20 years. Hate on all you want, but thats the truth. Deal with it.   

The reason I started posting on here at all was because of a comment that needed to be clarified for ALL SETX teams to read. "No one can hide or shade the numbers to reach a certain classification." That's what brought me in...because that is an absolute joke.  Unless you're a setx team.  Because according to this area "no one does that".. 

And don't feel singled out...I've given other teams their fair share of reality as well.  Even Newton and WOS.  I'm not the one that brought EC up in this conversation.  I truly do not care what EC does or doesn't do.  Past or present.

But for the record.. you said " during much of the past 20 years (when EC has dominated) ". Which may not directly say you think they "dominated the whole state" but it seems to be an implication to me.  You didn't say "dominate the state"...but you didn't say "dominate the area" either. At least I can say this about Newton and WOS..even though I think they've both fallen off considerably in the state domination argument..they still at least have some hardware to show for their efforts. So..there's you some truth to deal with.

The reason I started posted on here at all was because of a comment that needed to be clarified for ALL SETX teams to read. "No one can hide or shade the numbers to reach a certain classification." That's what brought me in...because that is an absolute joke.  Unless you're a setx team.  Because according to this area "no one does that".. 

And don't feel singled out...I've given other teams their fair share of reality as well.  Even Newton and WOS.  I'm not the one that brought EC up in this conversation.  I truly do not care what EC does or doesn't do.  Past or present.

But for the record.. you said " during much of the past 20 years (when EC has dominated) ". Which may not directly say you think they "dominated the whole state" but it seems to be an implication to me.  You didn't say "dominate the state"...but you didn't say "dominate the area" either. At least I can say this about Newton and WOS..even though I think they've both fallen off considerably in the state domination argument..they still at least have some hardware to show for their efforts. So..there's you some truth to deal with.

What HS do you go for if your not a fan of Setx?

What HS do you go for if your not a fan of Setx?

Just a hater in general. Dont get him started. And why is it that almost every thread I have seen him post in, he somehow wiggles in how WOS isnt State relevant anymore? Really man? We dont have to talk the talk. Just go look at all the polls, media outlets. Yes, were very relevant.

Edited by kicker