Central's New Transfer

ozensfinest

Does not matter if your parent gets a job in the district or not...you MUST live in the district to participate in varsity sports immediately at any school.  Residency is deciding factor in eligibility...bottom line.  Dubois was eligible because they lived in HJ district then moved to BC when he got that job.

How were the w Boute's able to play varsity basketball and football?  They both lived in PA and traveled every day....

How were the w Boute's able to play varsity basketball and football?  They both lived in PA and traveled every day....

Good question.  Could have been a couple of scenarios.  If they went to Ozen for a year and played underlevels then they established residency at Ozen and were good for varsity after one year.  Another scenario is they used a false address in Beaumont if they played varsity right away.  A final scenario is that they applied for a waiver through the UIL and it was granted (which is unlikely considering UIL hardly ever approves those waivers). 

Does not matter if your parent gets a job in the district or not...you MUST live in the district to participate in varsity sports immediately at any school.  Residency is deciding factor in eligibility...bottom line.  Dubois was eligible because they lived in HJ district then moved to BC when he got that job.

key word "immediately"

so if parent gets hired during the summer but still resides in same house as always as does the child/student the student is not eligible to play varsity sports that whole year?

IF so that's ridiculous.   Child has to pay the price because parent got a new job.

key word "immediately"

so if parent gets hired during the summer but still resides in same house as always as does the child/student the student is not eligible to play varsity sports that whole year?

IF so that's ridiculous.   Child has to pay the price because parent got a new job.

A job transfer does not fall under the rule of tranferring for athletic purposes. But there are some cases in Texas where kids still had issues at their new school trying to get on varsity team. 

key word "immediately"

The UIL rules say that if a parent gets a job that requires a move then the child can attend and participate in varsity sports immediately if they move to that district.  However, lots of people change jobs and don't move but, their new job is in a different school district.  If a parent changing jobs without having to move meant a kid could change schools and play varsity right away then you know what kind of Pandora's box that would open.  So you have to think of it not just in terms of coaches changing jobs but, any parent changing jobs.  

That is why everything is based on residency.  You go to school where you live. 

The UIL rules say that if a parent gets a job that requires a move then the child can attend and participate in varsity sports immediately if they move to that district.  However, lots of people change jobs and don't move but, their new job is in a different school district.  If a parent changing jobs without having to move meant a kid could change schools and play varsity right away then you know what kind of Pandora's box that would open.  So you have to think of it not just in terms of coaches changing jobs but, any parent changing jobs.  

Exactly!! Even though we have had some who "slip" thru the cracks.

How can you say exactly? Lazeek last quote was you go to school where you live

It was in reference to the particular situation involving coaches changing jobs but, their kids not being eligible if they don't move. 

There are lots of schools that have open enrollment where they charge a fee and a student goes through a screening process to get in but, if that student does not live in the district then they will not be allowed to play varsity sports for one calendar year.

There are magnet schools but, that applied to kids in multiple high school districts going to a different high school outside of where they are zoned within that district because a particular magnet school offers courses they need/want for their chosen profession.

Like the Central guard who played for HJ a few years ago?

Lazeek I understand, and I agree with you.  but blue saying exactly with go to school where you live, through me off. Since his kids went to ozen according to him now for education and his daughter stayed in hf for athletic purposes only 

No, I was referencing UIL rules about residency, parents  and athletics

Lazeek I understand, and I agree with you.  but blue saying exactly with go to school where you live, through me off. Since his kids went to ozen according to him now for education and his daughter stayed in hf for athletic purposes only 

We all know his boys went to Ozen for athletic purposes, but they played JV there first year just like the 7'3" kid  is going to do. 

A job transfer does not fall under the rule of tranferring for athletic purposes. But there are some cases in Texas where kids still had issues at their new school trying to get on varsity team. 

well that's terrible.   scenario:  Coach at a small school who just won state and also has a son(junior class) that played on that state team.  Coach applies for a 5A coaching job gets the job and a higher pay, but now can't coach his own son his senior year. 

I understand that rule for teachers and the Pandora box.  I am just talking about coaches.

well that's terrible.   scenario:  Coach at a small school who just won state and also has a son(junior class) that played on that state team.  Coach applies for a 5A coaching job gets the job and a higher pay, but now can't coach his own son his senior year. 

I understand that rule for teachers and the Pandora box.  I am just talking about coaches.

I should have made myself clearer. I was speaking about parents in general and moving into a district. That coach SUPPOSE to live in that district in order for his kid to play varsity at his school.