Wo-s vs Silsbee

MBaller#1

A few of us(Me, TD, BigD95 &Area27mom)   knew about this team years ago.  It just was a matter of them sticking together and putting in the grind to be where they are today.  They lost a few kids to other schools as well.  Alot of us being waiting patiently for this group and there time has come.  Sit back and enjoy the show, this group of kids been winners a long time now.  Not just on the field but off the field as well. 

Note : People tend to 4get this group been playing together since the age of 5.

It definitely makes it more exciting to watch a group of kids that have been playing together so long!  I personally have been watching this group of Silsbee boys playing together since 2008.... (When we moved here)  and I'm talking about most of the sophomores-seniors on varsity this year,  as I have one of each.  Prayers to all the boys.... Looking forward to an exciting game without injuries! Go Tigers!!! 

It definitely makes it more exciting to watch a group of kids that have been playing together so long!  I personally have been watching this group of Silsbee boys playing together since 2008.... (When we moved here)  and I'm talking about most of the sophomores-seniors on varsity this year,  as I have one of each.  Prayers to all the boys.... Looking forward to an exciting game without injuries! Go Tigers!!! 

IK one year we came out to Silsbee. After the Silsbee kids won the Superbowl in the Long Star League & WOS (The Jr's & Soph on this year team ) won the SuperBowl in the STJFL. Not saying the game will be a blow out as too what that score was. But WOS left Silsbee after putting up 60+ points to 0. An in that same year the WOS Kids went to a Football Tournament in Houston @ St. Pius highschool. This group has even been to the Valley to play at Pharr Valleyview Highschool.  Saying that too say this, WOS is accustom to playing with each other. Plus they been Battle tested at a young age, for these type of moments to be great.  They may be young but they have the experience. I don't like bring up the past, but these kids living there dream they worked hard for since the age of 5. That's what make it so special to watch! 

Edited by Kj Dad

IK one year we came out to Silsbee. After the Silsbee kids won the Superbowl in the Long Star League & WOS (The Jr's & Soph on this year team ) won the SuperBowl in the STJFL. Not saying the game will be a blow out as if this score. But WOS left Silsbee after putting up 60+ points to 0. An in that same year the WOS Kids went to a Football Tournament in Houston @ St. Pius highschool. This group has even been to the Valley to play at Pharr Valleyview Highschool.  Saying that too say this, WOS is accustom to playing with each other. Plus they been Battle tested at a young age, for these type of moments to be great.  They may be young but they have the experience. I don't like bring up the past, but these kids living there dream they worked hard for since the age of 5. That's what make it so special to watch! 

IK one year we came out to Silsbee. After the Silsbee kids won the Superbowl in the Long Star League & WOS (The Jr's & Soph on this year team ) won the SuperBowl in the STJFL. Not saying the game will be a blow out as if this score. But WOS left Silsbee after putting up 60+ points to 0. An in that same year the WOS Kids went to a Football Tournament in Houston @ St. Pius highschool. This group has even been to the Valley to play at Pharr Valleyview Highschool.  Saying that too say this, WOS is accustom to playing with each other. Plus they been Battle tested at a young age, for these type of moments to be great.  They may be young but they have the experience. I don't like bring up the past, but these kids living there dream they worked hard for since the age of 5. That's what make it so special to watch! 

All this talk about this special group of kids at WOS is entertaining! How would they fare if they still were playing at the level at 4AD1? From what I have seen every year WOS produces special group of kids dating back how long?? This year is no different from the past except for the fact of WOS moving down in classification and not facing the strong teams as before. They still have to produce and still have to win! My thoughts are the 2012 and 2013 teams were just as special!!! Mainly because of the talent they competed against! JMO  Good luck to this special group of kids!

WOS is a football factory! I don't see anyone giving them any real threat until maybe the 3rd round of the playoffs. It amazing to see a team so good on defense year in and year out. I actually was pulling for WOS in last year's state game as if Silsbee were playing. I think both teams are equal in talent come Friday night. I think a big key to the game will be Dontre Thomas making the right decision to pass or run. He has been making big plays with his arms and legs all year. He will be the best QB WOS will face during the regular season. Silsbee must Blockwell and take care of the ball. On defense we MUST tackle well and do the best contain Dallas throwing the ball. He is a beast as well!!

WOS is a football factory! I don't see anyone giving them any real threat until maybe the 3rd round of the playoffs. It amazing to see a team so good on defense year in and year out. I actually was pulling for WOS in last year's state game as if Silsbee were playing. I think both teams are equal in talent come Friday night. I think a big key to the game will be Dontre Thomas making the right decision to pass or run. He has been making big plays with his arms and legs all year. He will be the best QB WOS will face during the regular season. Silsbee must Blockwell and take care of the ball. On defense we MUST tackle well and do the best contain Dallas throwing the ball. He is a beast as well!!

#5 (QB) is a great athlete..but not the best QB WOS has faced

WOS fans have a right to be coky but I'm a realist. Silsbee is a much better team than WOS gives them credit for. Most WOS fans look for this to be a blow out like 42-0, 35-0. That ain't happening. Even though it was scrimmage Silsbee ate Ozen alive and Ozen has a very good 5A team. Silsbee also scored about 7 tds on a good Lumberton  team. Looking at their scores from their 1st 3 gams, Silsbee can put the ball in the end zone quit a few times vs anyone in SETX! Silsbee's issues have come with dumb penalties on offense  (false starts, holding) and the defense seems to give up a few easy TDS and don't get off the field on 2rd down. That's how WOS would beat Silsbee if they do win. 

This game will be closer than some think IMO. Ive personally been on the losing side to Silsbee and know how they play WOS even when season records are lop sided. The Tigers always bring it. WOS looks to be very, very good this year but it is HS football. I do believe the Stangs win but by 35 points? Dont think so. I see more of a 19-13 or 27-20ish Win for WOS.

This game will be closer than some think IMO. Ive personally been on the losing side to Silsbee and know how they play WOS even when season records are lop sided. The Tigers always bring it. WOS looks to be very, very good this year but it is HS football. I do believe the Stangs win but by 35 points? Dont think so. I see more of a 19-13 or 27-20ish Win for WOS.

I agree.

What if Silsbee wins this game? Will the WOS faithful finally give credit where credit is due or will it be excuses and Silsbee's home field advantage. Sloppy field refs etc....

Although I dont see that happening, you wont see excuses from us. Just for the simple fact that Silsbee is a very good team also. Not like we would be losing a game that was supposed to be a cake walk. This game comes down to Defense. The only way I see a big win for WOS is if Silsbee cant stop our big play ability and the 4 ping pong ball backs we have. You better wrap up on the first hit. Thats all im saying.