Lamar football news

Bigcam2903, I'm sure glad he chose Lamar! By the time he is a senior there is no telling how good he will be. His potential has a very high ceiling with 4.31 speed already.

We are also glad he is at Lamar, but none of this is possible without God. Thanks to Coach Woodard who said Rodney will do Great things at Lamar and offered him an opportunity for an education & further his Football career. Thanks for the Support Ultimatefan

Great Article, Rodney has truly earned everything that comes his way. God is still in the Blessing Business. SETX please come out & support the Cardinals if your schedule allows, the atmosphere is changing around here.  Thanks to Beaumont Enterprise, the reporter, & MR BG for posting.

I was in attendance last night.  Your boy was not a disappointment.  Very exciting to see 'Hot Rod' in person wreak havoc!

wow what a disappointing Lamar game tonight especially playing against an 0-5 team.  Seemed like Lamar was headed for a great season but again the defense could not stop anything.  Harrington put up big numbers again but on one drive fumbled within a few yards of the Northwestern goal and Northwestern returned that one all the way for six points.  After the great victory at Sam Houston and a close loss to a pretty good Southeastern Louisiana team on the road thought a great season was on the way.  Looking like McNeese is once again going to be the cream of the crop.

Regroup & focus on Central Arkansas. This is a very dangerous Team that has multiple weapons at their disposal. We must score early & often. NWSU game was our first of the season to never have the lead. Defense must step up this week, offense scores enough to win games. We can't stop anyone.

Let's Go Big Red!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a funny feeling this is why Burnett retired from PNG.

Hmm...had forgot about that.  I know it was rumored and I believe AAW even confirmed that Burnett would be a part of the program is some fashion but Lamar has yet to announce anything.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Interim DC Mark Criner has a lot of experience and some of it even as a DC at the FBS level so he should still be a leading candidate to the full time position.  I'm relatively younger and originally not from the MC area so I have to ask...was Burnett more of a defensive minded coach at PN-G?

Hmm...had forgot about that.  I know it was rumored and I believe AAW even confirmed that Burnett would be a part of the program is some fashion but Lamar has yet to announce anything.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Interim DC Mark Criner has a lot of experience and some of it even as a DC at the FBS level so he should still be a leading candidate to the full time position.  I'm relatively younger and originally not from the MC area so I have to ask...was Burnett more of a defensive minded coach at PN-G?

depends on who you ask around here ;)

DC Craig McGallion has retired.  Believe he was probably given the option to retire or be fired with 2 games left on the schedule.  LB coach Mark Criner will be interim DC for the remained of the season.

McGallion's retirement has nothing to do with football from what I am told. This was his decision, no ultimatum.

Sometimes other things in life are bigger than football.