Lamar football news

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the game sitting among all the orange. Not sure why people were surprised Lamar would go into Huntsville and win the game. After all, they had a reasonable amount of success against Baylor the week before. And SHSU is NO Baylor. I figured if we could hang 30+ on the #4 team in FBS football and stop Baylor on 3rd down more than a handful of times, we could beat the KittyKats. Actually, if Carson Earp hits a couple of receivers on slants and Harrington going up the sideline, this game would have been 70-46.

Lamar is very likely a playoff team this year, and I don't think Sam took Lamar seriously enough.  Lamar shredded the Kat D in the Ist half.  I guess the Kats figured if they could run with Tech, then Lamar would be no problem.  The D was better in the 2nd half, but the 21 point halftime deficit was just too much.  It wasn't that many years ago that Sam beat Lamar by 70, but Lamar is now the real deal.  These two teams might see each other again in Dec.