Bridge City

Well next week bc vs wos for a half, then wos vs vidor for a half, then vidor bc for a half 

I dont agree with Vidor scrimmaging BC / WOS ! 

Vidor already scrimmaged a Slot-T team in Orangefield . Now , they give up a half of very valuble playing time/experience against WOS  to BC (another slot-T team). 

It seems like a waste of time to scrimmage 2 teams that play the same offense as your team especially  when you will not see that offense in the regular season. Orangfield, BC and WoS  all have games scheduled against slot-T teams in regular season . Vidor does not so Im having a hard time seeing whats in it for them. SMH......................................

Since BC hasn't done well the last few years, you'd think they'd lighten up on their pre-Dist sch, but they lined up some tush hogs.  Still think they have a shot at .500, but they're gonna have to play hard each game.  As in many cases, defense will be the key. The O will put up points. 

Do not think that BC is void of talent... They have a big physical offensive line that will fit nicely with their new offense. They have big fast physical running backs and a very strong Jr class. A new attitude, "buy in", an offense that fits their personnel and a QB that knows the offense and is fresh off of a very successful season and you can bet it's going to be a different BC. I will know more after Thursday, but it would not surprise me to not only see them go .500, but be in the area of 6-4 or 7-3. I believe they win the 5 toss up games and knock off 1 or 2 teams they were not "supposed" to beat in the preseason. 

Edited by Gasilla
correction

Do not think that BC is void of talent... They have a big physical offensive line that will fit nicely with their new offense. They have big fast physical running backs and a very strong Jr class. A new attitude, "buy in", an offense that fits their personnel and a QB that knows the offense and is fresh off of a very successful season and you can bet it's going to be a different BC. I will know more after Thursday, but it would not surprise me to not only see them go .500, but be in the area of 6-4 or 7-3. I believe they win the 5 toss up games and knock off 1 or 2 teams they were not "supposed" to beat in the preseason. 

they will have a hard time overcoming baseball athletes not playing.  Schugart last year as an example. I like BC and have followed their baseball for years.  Tuff to turn a program around.  Looks like they are trying with new football, bascketball, softball and a ton of other new coaches.  Time will tell.  Still not sure what happened with softball???????

If BC goes 7-3, who are their three losses?

If BC goes 7-3, who are their three losses?

LOL... 3 of the 5 teams they are not supposed to beat... I think they will beat some teams they are not supposed to and lose to some teams they are not supposed to beat. Could be any of the 5. 

Honestly, when I look at the 5 they are not supposed to beat (KV, Newton, Jasper, LCM, Silsbee) the teams I know that traditionally struggle with the Slot T are Newton, Jasper and Silsbee. I also don't think LCM is going to be as good as others do. So I'll say they knock off LCM and one of the three mentioned and you get your 7 wins. KV runs the offense and it's their first game so I feel they lose that one.

Heck, it could be Newton. They lost to OF the game before they beat WOS last year then struggled against the same offense in the SC game.

Edited by Gasilla

LOL... 3 of the 5 teams they are not supposed to beat... I think they will beat some teams they are not supposed to and lose to some teams they are not supposed to beat. Could be any of the 5. 

Honestly, when I look at the 5 they are not supposed to beat (KV, Newton, Jasper, LCM, Silsbee) the teams I know that traditionally struggle with the Slot T are Newton, Jasper and Silsbee. I also don't think LCM is going to be as good as others do. So I'll say they knock off LCM and one of the three mentioned and you get your 7 wins. KV runs the offense and it's their first game so I feel they lose that one.

Heck, it could be Newton. They lost to OF the game before they beat WOS last year then struggled against the same offense in the SC game.

I think Huffman beats BC this year.

Lumberton beats BC again

Honestly dont see that happening. Hasnt Lumberton had problems with Wing-t/Slot -T teams? Once Dubois gets those kids settled into that new offense they could be pretty good at it. Look at what he did at HJ in a relatively short time. Also, the most important part of running that offense is the QB. His son knows that offense and runs it very well already. Just that right there could be the difference.