Bridge City

Will they go above .500 this season?

Not sure what he has to work with, but if I had to guess I'd say yes.  Work with lady had son playing at HJ.  Her initial reaction when he came there was negative.  I told her to watch, they'll be a winner. 

Anybody who can be influential in getting Vidor able to score 50+ points in several games will do good.  Heck, I've seen seasons when Vidor didn't score 50 points. 

Just a matter of the kids learning the offense quick enough.  

BC has some talent in there incoming JR Class! That class has been the only class in this area, that beat WOS Jr. Class & that was in 7th Grade. In the 8th Grade WOS had to come from behind only to win by 2 or 3 points. So I expect BC to be above .500 this year with the new head coach!

I'll also go with yes.  Normally, I would think that with a new offense that success would at least a year away.  However, in the Cardinals' case, they have the advantage of having a field general, Camden DuBois, who is wholly familiar with the offense and should quicken the transition. 

BC had to play a lot of sophomores last year. I believe the entire starting offensive line were soph. They will be improved from last season and should have a better record.

After a season with Coach Dubois and this group being seniors, I expect them to be very good in 2016 season.

But, here is their schedule for this year. Some of you are saying they will be .500 or better. What games do you see them winning?

Aug. 28 - at Kirbyville, 7:00 pm

Sept. 4 - Newton, 7:30 pm

Sept. 11 - Lumberton, 7:00 pm

Sept. 18 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm

Sept. 25 - Cleveland, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - at Jasper, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 16 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 23 - at Huffman Hargrave, 7:30 pm*

Oct. 30 - Silsbee, 7:30 pm*

Nov. 6 - at Splendora, 7:30 pm*

BTW, BC was 2-8 overall, 1-5 in district last season.

Wins over Liberty in non district and Splendora in district.

Here are the results from last year:

Kirbyville  41-7   L

Newton    45-14  L

Lumberton  43-21  L

Liberty   25-14  W

Cleveland  27-21  L

Jasper     39-9    L

LC-M      34-7   L

Huffman   61-16  L

Silsbee    31-14   L

Splendora   42-33  W

BC had to play a lot of sophomores last year. I believe the entire starting offensive line were soph. They will be improved from last season and should have a better record.

After a season with Coach Dubois and this group being seniors, I expect them to be very good in 2016 season.

But, here is their schedule for this year. Some of you are saying they will be .500 or better. What games do you see them winning?

Aug. 28 - at Kirbyville, 7:00 pm - L

Sept. 4 - Newton, 7:30 pm - L

Sept. 11 - Lumberton, 7:00 pm - W

Sept. 18 - at Liberty, 7:30 pm - W

Sept. 25 - Cleveland, 7:30 pm* - W

Oct. 2 - OPEN

Oct. 9 - at Jasper, 7:30 pm* - L

Oct. 16 - Little Cypress-Mauriceville, 7:30 pm* - W

Oct. 23 - at Huffman Hargrave, 7:30 pm* - L

Oct. 30 - Silsbee, 7:30 pm* - L

Nov. 6 - at Splendora, 7:30 pm* - W

I see them going 4-6. Wins over Lumberton, Liberty, Splendora and either Cleveland or LC-M, not both.

But that is still double wins from last year.

They will beat : Liberty, lumberton, splendora, cleveland , lcm, silsbee.  : could possibly surprise jasper and kv

Edited by El Guapo

They may not win all the games but it would not surprise me. They will beat Silsbee though. DuBois will be a thorn in Silsbees side 

​But you said they WILL beat those teams this year. Bet?

As for beating Silsbee, do not see it happening. Silsbee will be at least a touchdown better offensively this year than last year. Can't see BC being 24-30 points better than last year. It will be a closer game, but I see Silsbee still winning by 7-13 points.