The Ferguson Effect!

smitty

• 5 weeks later...

Speaking of Ferguson……… 

@CBSNews: Police antagonized crowds, violated free-speech rights during Ferguson protests, report says

This is the hidden content, please

This article is so stupid......

"Had law enforcement released information on the officer-involved shooting in a timely manner and continued the information flow as it became available, community distrust and media skepticism would most likely have been lessened," according to the document.

The summary cited "vague and arbitrary" orders to keep protesters moving that violated their rights of assembly and free speech. 

I guess burning down the city is perfectly fine.

I'm sure if they would of quickly announced that the officer was innocent, Brown charged him and was killed, and no Police would be charged, The protesters would of had a picnic at the park instead of looting......

This article is so stupid......

"Had law enforcement released information on the officer-involved shooting in a timely manner and continued the information flow as it became available, community distrust and media skepticism would most likely have been lessened," according to the document.

The summary cited "vague and arbitrary" orders to keep protesters moving that violated their rights of assembly and free speech. 

I guess burning down the city is perfectly fine.

I'm sure if they would of quickly announced that the officer was innocent, Brown charged him and was killed, and no Police would be charged, The protesters would of had a picnic at the park instead of looting......

​Some of the biggest hogwash that I have read. Kind of like, "We only wanted information". That is too funny. The people disregarded any information that was pro-police and as the DOJ later found out, was almost entirely correct. 

Interesting!  It appears to be all part of the plan!

I am willing to read almost anything and if I feel (I can reason for myself) it is hogwash, I will say so. This article is brutally honest and I don't know where one could poke holes. 

People, wake up. Our enemies cannot whip us militarily so they want to defeat us from within. Look at the typical average day for a Russian or a Chinese. Is that what you really want....a place to squat and a bowl of rice? Oh, I forgot....and a free cell phone, plus free healthcare that you have to pay for?

• 1 month later...

I am willing to read almost anything and if I feel (I can reason for myself) it is hogwash, I will say so. This article is brutally honest and I don't know where one could poke holes. 

People, wake up. Our enemies cannot whip us militarily so they want to defeat us from within. Look at the typical average day for a Russian or a Chinese. Is that what you really want....a place to squat and a bowl of rice? Oh, I forgot....and a free cell phone, plus free healthcare that you have to pay for?

Have always heard America will be brought down without a shot being fired.  

• 2 weeks later...

@KHOU: State of emergency declared in #Ferguson.

@phillipmbailey: "You have some people here who use the cover of this anniversary to commit violent acts."  — @AntonioFrench

#Ferguson

History really does repeat itself. 

@KHOU: State of emergency declared in #Ferguson.

@phillipmbailey: "You have some people here who use the cover of this anniversary to commit violent acts."  — @AntonioFrench

#Ferguson

History really does repeat itself. 

Dumbarses!  What do they think they are accomplishing?

Fascinates me how the Media continues to manipulate with their word games.  This quote, "Michael Brown an unarmed teenager shot and killed by a white police officer".  Accurate?   Yes.  Distorts what happened?  Yes.  If you just woke up from a coma and read it, you'd visulize a young, innocent black (has to be, since they said white cop) teen being gunned down by a crazed white cop with swastika tats on his arm.  

M. Brown, teenager, unarmed - also, just committed a crime.  Was on drugs.   And was twice as big as the cop he was assaulting.  Mentally ill?  Doesn't matter.   Sad?  Yes.  Very sad it all came down like that.  Also sad the media still portrays him as just an unarmed teen.   And I'd feel the same  if the cop had been black, and the teen white.  Words do mean things.  Start paying attention to not only what the media says, but how they say it.  It's for each of us to decide what the NYTimes agenda is by saying "unarmed teenager". 

Edited by REBgp

Must be nice to not have to work and be able to stand in the streets and act like fools all day and night.

BS, I've been pondering that very thing as I get to work @ 0630, and me a 100 yrs old (give or take a few years).   What adds to my confusion, as I anticipate retiring toward the end of the year, I wonder if my wife and I will have enough to get by.  Yet here's all these folks that (most) don't seem to be constrained by a work schedule, or money problems.  I can only conclude that somewhere in my life, I made a wrong turn.  

IMO, young person just out of HS, spend about 6 mo's studying how to prosper via Govt giveaways, and you too can drive your new Cadillac to Market Basket and spend an endless supply of food stamps to pay for several baskets of Name Brand foods.  And take your free cell phone and call your investment handler to check on your portfolio.  

Do I sound bitter?   Hope so.  I got dealt a bad hand in my mid 50's but by the grace of God, got another job.  Don't begrudge all those that retired many years earlier than me, but I do begrudge these "well to do" freeloaders.