State revokes La Marque ISD accreditation

On Houston radio today some alumni were glad this happened, one actually said on 97.5 (I caught the last part of it) that the district been in shambles for years. 

http://www.chron.com/news/education/article/State-calls-for-closing-La-Marque-ISD-6067066.php

Just read where they are also planning on closing Jonesboro (recent six man power) and Brookesmith as well. They will be the third and fourth schools to close out there in the past three years. Texas sure is changing quick from the rural days.

I know this is a Beaumont area forum and some may not understand the importance of these two schools but this may just be the beginning of the closings. Lot small schools out there that are struggling to make it financially and rely on transfers from the city schools (2As and 3As). At some point it will be too much and when the school goes the end of the community won't be too far away. Where I'm from (3A town) there are 7 of these communities within 20 miles and in 10 years only 2 will most likely still exist. Everyone understood Novice and Star shutting down but these two are shocking and really to me signifies the beginning of the end. In football terms legendary programs and some of the best rivalries in all of texas are in their last quarter.

Just had to give my thoughts on this. Just stunned. Absolutely stunned.

We can. It's up to you. ;)

C'mon Soulja. No other area school district's problems can compare to BISD's problems. That's a fact, not opinion.

No denying that other local school districts have their own issues, but when making comparisons, when another local district gets taken over by state and sup and school board is booted out, then you can get back with me on the comparisons. Otherwise, BISD stands alone as the most corrupt and dysfunctional school district in our area.