Hull-Daisetta QB

Ran slot-t last few years. Probably the only reason they did last yr was so Huckabay would stay on staff and the qb was familiar with it.

I'm sure it will all change. But doesn't matter.. I think the younger groups are awful.

So unless they get some more transfers...doesn't matter who takes snaps. Let em take turns.

Ran slot-t last few years. Probably the only reason they did last yr was so Huckabay would stay on staff and the qb was familiar with it.

I'm sure it will all change. But doesn't matter.. I think the younger groups are awful.

So unless they get some more transfers...doesn't matter who takes snaps. Let em take turns.

I guess the bobcat traditional winning ways are going into a grave.

• 2 weeks later...

Bobcat Pride was hoping some one would say Bryce Fregia, so since they didn't i guess i will. Taking nothing away from Fregia he didn't have any opportunity last year to improve (due to no JV team) So not sure he would be the clear choice. Maughan did do very well as JV QB year before last as a Freshman. Just can't see where Fregia coming from 8th grade (last time playing QB) to Starting QB as a Soph. would out perform Maughan with a little more experience as a Junior. Maughan hands down is a better player. Was informed HD would be running a different offense this year, more of a spread type Offense. Robinett will without a doubt be the featured back. If the type of offense calls for a two back set then possibly Maughan would take spot and could allow Fregia to call the snaps. Regardless of who plays where. I have the same prediction from last year, another 500 or below season. Simple fact of lineman issues. 2016 season should be best chance for HD to return to their normal winning tradition of one and down.

Bobcat Pride was hoping some one would say Bryce Fregia, so since they didn't i guess i will. Taking nothing away from Fregia he didn't have any opportunity last year to improve (due to no JV team) So not sure he would be the clear choice. Maughan did do very well as JV QB year before last as a Freshman. Just can't see where Fregia coming from 8th grade (last time playing QB) to Starting QB as a Soph. would out perform Maughan with a little more experience as a Junior. Maughan hands down is a better player. Was informed HD would be running a different offense this year, more of a spread type Offense. Robinett will without a doubt be the featured back. If the type of offense calls for a two back set then possibly Maughan would take spot and could allow Fregia to call the snaps. Regardless of who plays where. I have the same prediction from last year, another 500 or below season. Simple fact of lineman issues. 2016 season should be best chance for HD to return to their normal winning tradition of one and down.

HD will be running the Pistol under Coach Hodges. The QB position will an open competition. Whoever can throw the itermediate passing routes better. IMO the competition will be between Senior Kade Frauenberger, Junior Brandon Maughan and Sophomore Bryce Fregia. Frauenberger is a good overall athlete, he excels at basketball and baseball. Maughan did well starting at QB last season while Huck was hurt. Maughan is tough as nails, a good rusher and is a leader. Bryce Fregia has a good arm that serves him well in baseball, this could give him an edge at QB. This will be interesting to watch in the off season. Frauenberger and Fregia with the baseball arms vs Maughan running the ball with grit. HD again has one of the toughest Districts in Texas, with Centerville going to the semi finals last year, Lovelady winning in the 1st RD, Groveton always being tough and a young Anderson Shiro team that went 7-3 and missed the playoffs. I'm not counting HD out, Coach Hodges and Birdwell are developing men of character and heart. It will be a challenging year for HD, I believe the 2016 and 2017 seasons for HD will be very successful. HD NATION!

HD will be running the Pistol under Coach Hodges. The QB position will an open competition. Whoever can throw the itermediate passing routes better. IMO the competition will be between Senior Kade Frauenberger, Junior Brandon Maughan and Sophomore Bryce Fregia. Frauenberger is a good overall athlete, he excels at basketball and baseball. Maughan did well starting at QB last season while Huck was hurt. Maughan is tough as nails, a good rusher and is a leader. Bryce Fregia has a good arm that serves him well in baseball, this could give him an edge at QB. This will be interesting to watch in the off season. Frauenberger and Fregia with the baseball arms vs Maughan running the ball with grit. HD again has one of the toughest Districts in Texas, with Centerville going to the semi finals last year, Lovelady winning in the 1st RD, Groveton always being tough and a young Anderson Shiro team that went 7-3 and missed the playoffs. I'm not counting HD out, Coach Hodges and Birdwell are developing men of character and heart. It will be a challenging year for HD, I believe the 2016 and 2017 seasons for HD will be very successful. HD NATION!

Birdwell is a good coach. Do you see him wanting to be a head coach in the future?

HaHa what a joke!