Hull-Daisetta QB

Gotten so far off topic again.. I guess it would be appropriate to say.. oh yea well my shoe size is bigger than yours.. No one cares if you did or if you didn't play college ball. Pretty sure either way you won't be the starting QB for HD next year.

Oldschool2, i know you're still upset that your son didn't get more recognition when he played at HD, but please get over it so we can just move on.

With that you can go back and look, i did predict a 500 or below season for last year and will stick to about the same for this year. Maybe 1 or 2 games better this year.  Not sure Fraun is worth discussing, as he has not committed to even playing next year. Its going to come down to Maughn and  Fregia.. I still say in a head to head battle Maughn wins out for 2015..Just my opinion. 2016 I'll take Fregia over Maughn 

Gotten so far off topic again.. I guess it would be appropriate to say.. oh yea well my shoe size is bigger than yours.. No one cares if you did or if you didn't play college ball. Pretty sure either way you won't be the starting QB for HD next year.

Oldschool2, i know you're still upset that your son didn't get more recognition when he played at HD, but please get over it so we can just move on.

With that you can go back and look, i did predict a 500 or below season for last year and will stick to about the same for this year. Maybe 1 or 2 games better this year. Not sure Fraun is worth discussing, as he has not committed to even playing next year. Its going to come down to Maughn and Fregia.. I still say in a head to head battle Maughn wins out for 2015..Just my opinion. 2016 I'll take Fregia over Maughn

My kids didn't go to HD. Thanks for your concern tho.

In all seriousness tho...it's probably not gonna matter who plays QB for Stan Hodges. Most likely gonna toss it or hand it to someone else.

My kids didn't go to HD. Thanks for your concern tho.

In all seriousness tho...it's probably not gonna matter who plays QB for Stan Hodges. Most likely gonna toss it or hand it to someone else.

Well not real impressed with Coach Hodges as of yet. I will say he has stepped up the conditioning and weight room workouts. So for that he does get a gold star. I know he was hindered with Coach Huck last year, so that explains the O, but still haven't seen a D in HD in forever.HD needs another year for those bigger upcoming linemen to get some experience.

And Ohh.. my bad is was WH they played for right?

Well not real impressed with Coach Hodges as of yet. I will say he has stepped up the conditioning and weight room workouts. So for that he does get a gold star. I know he was hindered with Coach Huck last year, so that explains the O, but still haven't seen a D in HD in forever.HD needs another year for those bigger upcoming linemen to get some experience.

And Ohh.. my bad is was WH they played for right?

Work brought me to this area...thankfully after my kids were already grown. My marriage wouldn't have lasted a week if my kids were in any of these schools down here. She would've left with the kids and I wouldn't have blamed her.

Only reason I tolerate it is because of the food and the fishing.

If we don't pass at least 25% of the time, it is a no brainer to start Brandon Maughan at QB. Kid is a grinder and tough as nails. Maughan with Robinett at RB would be nasty on the ground. Gator, I think them soon to be Sophomore big lineman, are gonna surprise you next season. One I know for sure... ;)

If we don't pass at least 25% of the time, it is a no brainer to start Brandon Maughan at QB. Kid is a grinder and tough as nails. Maughan with Robinett at RB would be nasty on the ground. Gator, I think them soon to be Sophomore big lineman, are gonna surprise you next season. One I know for sure... ;)

I hope so.. Younger Linemen will def. get some much needed playing time that they missed out on last, due to no JV.

Maughan Vs Fregia Head to Head:

Running Goes to Maughan hands down.

Passing both guys have pretty decent arms, Fregia at this point in time is a little more accurate on the quicker and shorter routes.

Historically HD has never been a passing team. Will that change this season, who knows for sure. I do know for them to be competitive they have to bring that percentage up. The other part of passing is catching. Since HD has always been ground and pound never been a reason to spend much time developing Throwers or Catchers.

I

Maughan Vs Fregia Head to Head:

Running Goes to Maughan hands down.
Passing both guys have pretty decent arms, Fregia at this point in time is a little more accurate on the quicker and shorter routes.

Historically HD has never been a passing team. Will that change this season, who knows for sure. I do know for them to be competitive they have to bring that percentage up. The other part of passing is catching. Since HD has always been ground and pound never been a reason to spend much time developing Throwers or Catchers.

I agree. Maughan is a grade older and more mature physically. Maughan has the build to take or give out a beating and keep going. Fregia will definetly be ready his Junior and Senior year to be the QB. I think Fregia needs a year to develope his frame. Either way Fregia will start on defense and offense, kid is a good athlete. The pistol would look lethal and produce with Maughan at QB and Robinett at tailback "next season". I hope Maughan gets the chance to compete at starting QB. Maughan has expressed interest in starting at QB. Fregia and Fraunberger could both produce at WR. Keep in mine Fraunberger is undecided on playing supposedly. Dylan Varnon will be a key athlete for HD next season, Varnon may also be used in one of the 4 WR positions in the pistol. Varnon could split time with Robinett at tailback, and also would make a good H-back if Maughan does start at QB. Maughan may force Coaches to play him at H-back, just because he fits the bill so good with his size and saltiness. I personally believe if Maughan lines up at H-back, his talent is being wasted, HD needs to get the ball in his hands. Bottom line is, Maughan, Varnon, Fregia and Robinett will be depended on wherever they line up.

:D

A new set of 4 horsemen in HD...lol

How oringinal.. :rolleyes: I wouldn't go quite that far, and pretty sure no one has boasted they were the best in the state or the best in their district. Also pretty sure no one has made any bold predictiions other that a .500 season So Yawn... Boring . So please Mr. Buddy and Workbootz try and come up with something fresher, the whole Horesman thing is exciting as HD's playoff record.. 

How oringinal.. :rolleyes: I wouldn't go quite that far, and pretty sure no one has boasted they were the best in the state or the best in their district. Also pretty sure no one has made any bold predictiions other that a .500 season So Yawn... Boring . So please Mr. Buddy and Workbootz try and come up with something fresher, the whole Horesman thing is exciting as HD's playoff record.. 

Your fellow HD compadres came up with that label. Yall are hilarious as that HD playoff record. 

One playoff win in the last 20 years, that's one record to be proud of, I was looking for the 4 horsemen to snap that.

You also said HD would contend in their football district vs a powerhouse Centerville team. You were wrong then and you're wrong now. They will get mauled by Evadale and Big Sandy...probably beat by High Island...then a toss up between them and West Hardin, Sabine Pass, Spurger...

They should absolutely dominate Leggett. Whichever of them pitches that game will get to tag a no hitter to their resume.

Just to let you know old school Hd has beat High Island on Tuesday,which you said would probably beat HD. And beat spurger tonight.

Hey congrats. I was wrong about High Island...unlike the previous 2 years they're garbage. I saw they got beat by Sabine Pass...who is terrible. Sabine Pass got beat 29-0 by BS tonight.. I hope your 2 college prospects are on their game when they play them.

Don't worry they aren't out of the woods yet. We'll continue this conversation.

Hey congrats. I was wrong about High Island...unlike the previous 2 years they're garbage. I saw they got beat by Sabine Pass...who is terrible. Sabine Pass got beat 29-0 by BS tonight.. I hope your 2 college prospects are on their game when they play them.

Don't worry they aren't out of the woods yet. We'll continue this conversation.