The Greatest Team From SETX

bedelmon

Every team that wins a championship doesnt mean they are the greatest team in some cases . Case and point , the 1980 tj team was stacked from top too bottom , would that french team have beaten them head to head ? French tied to win state and we all know what happened with tj in dallas . Now the 1981 hebert team lost in the semis and a lot of that team would come back and play for that 1982 Westbrook team . Im sure WOS teams of 1986-1987 will be rankex up there and of course the 1975 png team that bosted at the time a record 7 all staters on that team .

Some WO-S fans will tell you their best team ever was the '85 team (myself included), which did not win a state title. They lost to Yates, who eventually won it all.

would it be safe too say that the 1985 team started the WOS run that is still going on ? That 85 team was very good i was a sr that year at Hamshire. I remember that guy i think erick Williams who was a erick dickerson clone i forget who it was against he broke for about a 50 plus yard run and he got tackled and he turned too the crowd (astrodome) and held his hands out humped his shoulders apologizing to the crowd on why he didnt make it . Priceless!!! I think it was a bidistrict game .

would it be safe too say that the 1985 team started the WOS run that is still going on ? That 85 team was very good i was a sr that year at Hamshire. I remember that guy i think erick Williams who was a erick dickerson clone i forget who it was against he broke for about a 50 plus yard run and he got tackled and he turned too the crowd (astrodome) and held his hands out humped his shoulders apologizing to the crowd on why he didnt make it . Priceless!!! I think it was a bidistrict game .

That game was in '85 and it was our first ever playoff win in school history. It was against Aldine MacArthur in the Dome. We were down 21- 7 at the half and came back to win it with a two-point conversion (final 22-21). The year before, our team went 7-3 after going 3-7 the year before. That '84 team was really where the WO-S program turned the corner. A set of rules were posted in the field house and were strictly enforced and are still to this day. So, really the '84 team, though they didn't make the playoffs, is the point where the WO-S began to accelerate.