West Orange vs Lagrange

tennisbc

That depends on who's ranking you're looking at. According to the Old Coach, WOS has the 3rd toughest schedule in all of 4A DII. LaGrange is in the 20's.

Old Coach, like most polls,relies almost completely on subjective data points while MaxPreps relies almost entirely on objective data points. To illustrate the difference, it is opinion of Stepps and Diggs vs factual data compiled and crunched through a computer algorithm. The further into the season MaxPreps becomes more accurate. Also when were those strength of schedules calculated? Before or after WOS played Scarborough? MaxPreps updated today 11/30/2014. They include all three playoff games.

At this point does strength of schedules even matter ? Hell they both went undefeated in their district and both have went 3-0 so far in the playoffs . That means lamarque and Hj are history !!! Whoever goes undefeated going FOWARD the next 3 weeks would have won it all , that means dealing with the team your playing in front of you not in the back of you .

At this point does strength of schedules even matter ? Hell they both went undefeated in their district and both have went 3-0 so far in the playoffs . That means lamarque and Hj are history !!! Whoever goes undefeated going FOWARD the next 3 weeks would have won it all , that means dealing with the team your playing in front of you not in the back of you .

That's all true. I was just responding to another poster regarding strength of schedules. One game at a time and win or go home is all that matters now.

I asked the question, because in the last few weeks, some posters regard our district as weak, and therefore LM would be the victor in last weeks game. The subjective point to my question was to get the info. on how strong LG district was. Point well taken to take one game at a time no doubt. If the fact is which defense has gave up more points since week 10 it would be LG by 7 to HJ, now that is real objective data.

Based on your quotes it seems to me that you're pretty pleased that HJ lost. I'm kind of curious why?

Correct, but with support of offense, not alone. Need to keep him reigned in, not an easy task but can be done.

I watched the HJ game. 22 is a great player, but without him they probably only had 1 or 2 plays +2 yards. He was that much of their offense. I know he can't do it alone, but they don't even come close to HJ with #5 alone.

Based on your quotes it seems to me that you're pretty pleased that HJ lost. I'm kind of curious why?

if you looked at earlier quotes from a couple months ago i said when hj was 5-0 they should make it too the qtr finals barring injuries or a let down . Well you saw hj and OF when they almost came back and put up points against hj defense , then the 39 points the one man show from hamshire put up on their d , and then Wos soph gashed their d for 200 yards . My point is when hj runs into a team like or similar to a WOS will they be able win ? Not hang but WIN !!! In the 2 games they lost hj defense gave up over 200 yards to backs from teams that were ranked higher than they were . So my prediction was wrong and i dont like to be wrong cause this hj team was better than last years team and they shouldve went to at least one more round . So the WOS game was a big eye test for me to see when hj plays a team like WOS how would they fair ? Well they came out against Lagrange and put up 21 points in the first 24 minutes but there is 48 minutes in a game and a sloppy lagrange put up 29 points in the second half 29-7 and the ball game . I have nothing against hj im just an onlooker like everybody else , now 30 years ago as an hf alum and living in cheeks texas where crap was talked when it was hj week from the 7th grade to varsity you bet i hated them . But I havent put on pads since 1985 so i dont have a dog in any of these fights. im just analyising the games and teams from the area i played ball in . Dont take this stuff personal because 99 % of the people posting on here arent playing friday or Saturday and even if you have a kid playing THEY are playing , not YOU !!! just be a parent and support and cheer for your sons . The rest of us are just playing john madden and pat summerall on this wonderful site .

I asked:  Just asking are you the JJohnson who played for the 2009 LaMarque team ?  

You have said" now 30 years ago as an hf alum and living in cheeks texas where crap was talked when it was hj week from the 7th grade to varsity you bet i hated them . But I havent put on pads since 1985 so i dont have a dog in any of these fights. im just analyising the games and teams from the area i played ball in."

You would not be him then  :) 

if you looked at earlier quotes from a couple months ago i said when hj was 5-0 they should make it too the qtr finals barring injuries or a let down . Well you saw hj and OF when they almost came back and put up points against hj defense , then the 39 points the one man show from hamshire put up on their d , and then Wos soph gashed their d for 200 yards . My point is when hj runs into a team like or similar to a WOS will they be able win ? Not hang but WIN !!! In the 2 games they lost hj defense gave up over 200 yards to backs from teams that were ranked higher than they were . So my prediction was wrong and i dont like to be wrong cause this hj team was better than last years team and they shouldve went to at least one more round . So the WOS game was a big eye test for me to see when hj plays a team like WOS how would they fair ? Well they came out against Lagrange and put up 21 points in the first 24 minutes but there is 48 minutes in a game and a sloppy lagrange put up 29 points in the second half 29-7 and the ball game . I have nothing against hj im just an onlooker like everybody else , now 30 years ago as an hf alum and living in cheeks texas where crap was talked when it was hj week from the 7th grade to varsity you bet i hated them . But I havent put on pads since 1985 so i dont have a dog in any of these fights. im just analyising the games and teams from the area i played ball in . Dont take this stuff personal because 99 % of the people posting on here arent playing friday or Saturday and even if you have a kid playing THEY are playing , not YOU !!! just be a parent and support and cheer for your sons . The rest of us are just playing john madden and pat summerall on this wonderful site .

All good but the back that ripped hj for 200 is a senior

one kid locking his legs and ten on his # 22 ouch

It is a bit alarming the way some folks on here talk of "containing" #22 by taking him out of the game with 11 players piling on. I was shocked when #7 of HJ body slammed Hutchison to the turf in what looked like a blatant attempt to put him out of the game. I hope WOS has more class than to try something like that on this fine young man.

It is a bit alarming the way some folks on here talk of "containing" #22 by taking him out of the game with 11 players piling on. I was shocked when #7 of HJ body slammed Hutchison to the turf in what looked like a blatant attempt to put him out of the game. I hope WOS has more class than to try something like that on this fine young man.

Na we want him to play the whole game,but he will have to take some hard hits,btw #7 I don't think wanted him out either that's just the way he plays,he did that to one of our bigger kids too

It was an aggressive tackle, I was at the game. I've seen far worse. Wasn't malicious like you are implying. 

no one is out to hurt this kid no way ,its just the way mustangs play defense

No one will intentionally try to hurt anyone. But he better strap it on tight because the Stangs WILL bring the hat!!! It will be a physical game.