West Orange vs Lagrange

tennisbc

No doubt WO-S lost some of their luster after early season back to back losses, to 2very good teams I might add. But the deal in high school football is to get better each week, the coaches preach this strongly. Everybody playing now has done that but I think WO-S has ramped it up another notch. The Mustangs cannot allow this Dobbins fellow beat them, he will get his yards but I think the chain gang will be up to the task. I'll go with the 'Stangs in this one. If LaGrange pulls it out I'll be pulling for those guys.

with that said skipper imo they cant beat WO-S with a one man show.

Pulling for WOS but don't think LG is a one man team, their line does a very good job getting 22 into the secondary where he is most effective. Need to contain him at the line or he is tough to stop. #5 not as quick but very good runner also. They seem to be "a one man team" but be careful, thinking that can get you beat. Go Mustangs

Has anyone done an assessment on the LG district yet? It seems as thought they do give up some points in many of their games.

Here's a statistical breakdown for both teams.

WOS 11-2  average PF 36 average PA 12  Strength of Schedule* 14.4

La Grange 13-0 average PF 41 average PA 15  Strength of Schedule* 21.6

So LG has played a tougher schedule scoring on average 5 more points per game and giving up 3 more points per game than WOS winning all 13 games with WOS having 2 loses.

Going on this LG should be a 7 point favorite in this game.

*MaxPreps;

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/rankings.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&ranktype=statedivision&schoolid=c683ffae-c2c8-48e7-931e-e573c380cde2&statedivisionid=19fcdb97-4750-4dbf-9f4b-1fea937a3e36

Ladybug33, on 30 Nov 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:snapback.png

Has anyone done an assessment on the LG district yet? It seems as thought they do give up some points in many of their games.

Here's a statistical breakdown for both teams.

WOS 11-2  average PF 36 average PA 12  Strength of Schedule* 14.4

La Grange 13-0 average PF 41 average PA 15  Strength of Schedule* 21.6

So LG has played a tougher schedule scoring on average 5 more points per game and giving up 3 more points per game than WOS winning all 13 games with WOS having 2 loses.

Going on this LG should be a 7 point favorite in this game.

*MaxPreps;

http://www.maxpreps....4b-1fea937a3e36

I appreciate your findings, I am big on data. Thanks Pud!

That depends on who's ranking you're looking at. According to the Old Coach, WOS has the 3rd toughest schedule in all of 4A DII. LaGrange is in the 20's.

IMO I would rank our defense higher, and special team has really developed over the weeks. If we keep their return and running game pinned on their side of the field I like our chances.