West Orange vs Lagrange

tennisbc

Lots of bluster and talk from HJ fans and WOS on this board. Come Friday we shall see if the Mustangs can deliver on all these promises. LG with its "one trick pony" show will have a thing or two to say in the matter. Plenty of sour grapes from HJ posters since their loss to the Leps. Not very classey imo.

This is setxsports.com sports forum. This is our site. This is where HJ and WOS fans get together and talk sports. I Didn't see one classless post from an HJ fan. And bottom line, we stick together against any school that isn't from our area. If that offends you, you should probably leave the site.

With all due respect let me say this and I know that I speak for those of us that actually put time and effort into evaluating the WOS Mustangs next weeks opponent.

La Grange is not a one trick pony and we as WOS fans know that! Yes he is the fastest kid that I have seen in high school football besides Speedy Noil but he gets those yards due to the excellent crossblocking and pulling that his O-line does to make those holes for him. The LaGrange team is the real deal and we respect them highly just as we have every opponent that we have faced this year. I have watched the HJ/ LG game and believe that I saw two amazing teams leave everything on the field. There are a few questions that I have for my Hj friends but overall it was it was a slobberknocker. A few plays could have changed that game entirely. So to you LG fans please understand that we are not all cocky, we just love our team and want to see our kids win this one. We have faced a lot of adversity this year and to see our kids rise above the mess and junk that goes along with a small town, I am so proud of the boys!!.  Its gonna be a great game to be at! Cant wait for Friday to get here!

With all due respect let me say this and I know that I speak for those of us that actually put time and effort into evaluating the WOS Mustangs next weeks opponent.

La Grange is not a one trick pony and we as WOS fans know that! Yes he is the fastest kid that I have seen in high school football besides Speedy Noil but he gets those yards due to the excellent crossblocking and pulling that his O-line does to make those holes for him. The LaGrange team is the real deal and we respect them highly just as we have every opponent that we have faced this year. I have watched the HJ/ LG game and believe that I saw two amazing teams leave everything on the field. There are a few questions that I have for my Hj friends but overall it was it was a slobberknocker. A few plays could have changed that game entirely. So to you LG fans please understand that we are not all cocky, we just love our team and want to see our kids win this one. We have faced a lot of adversity this year and to see our kids rise above the mess and junk that goes along with a small town, I am so proud of the boys!!.  Its gonna be a great game to be at! Cant wait for Friday to get here!

Great post Icewater. LG feels much the same way about our team and The Mustangs. Both teams have made their communities very proud regardless of who wins this Friday. One thing we all can depend on is that we will be treated to one heck of a game.

Two great teams will meet up this week to see who keeps playing and who brings out the round ball! Either way both teams deserve the credit for getting to this point. Making it to the final eight is a big achievement so I look for both teams to be fired up and ready for a brawl! "On the field of course" WOS advances with 14pt advantage!

This is setxsports.com sports forum. This is our site. This is where HJ and WOS fans get together and talk sports. I Didn't see one classless post from an HJ fan. And bottom line, we stick together against any school that isn't from our area. If that offends you, you should probably leave the site.

Having a few posters around who disagree with the status quo on the board should be a welcome thing to SETX faithful. Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we should pack up and leave. You have to admit a little puchback on here makes things more interesting. Go Leps!

Having a few posters around who disagree with the status quo on the board should be a welcome thing to SETX faithful. Just because we disagree with you doesn't mean we should pack up and leave. You have to admit a little puchback on here makes things more interesting. Go Leps!

LOL, you should see the board during district Pud, talk about disagreeing. You would have thought HJ and WOS hate each other.When its all said and done, we all represent 1 area and back each other.

Take Dobbins out of the equation. How many points did LG score? How many yards did they gather? 7 points, how many yards? Not much. He is all they have. #5 is good, but no better than anything WO-S has seen this season. Dobbins makes people miss on his own, he doesn't use blockers once he gets around the line.

All I'm saying is that Dobbins has 10 other players around him on offense. If you are going take players "out of the equation" then take Padgett out of the equation and we hang 70 on HJ. You can't speculate and take players out of the equation etc etc etc. Its a team sport and the better team won.

Would love to see Teate show his stuff, but from what I have seen WOS has several kids waiting to make a name for themselves too! Man WOS has talent out the a$$!

Yes we have.LG will have to cover the whole field against the Stangs,to many weapons.On the other side I'm understanding that we only have to cover the running game of LG.Sounds simple enough huh.Problem is know one has done that good enough to stop them so far.I don't think they have seen a defense like the chain gang so I like our chances.Special teams,field posistion and no turnovers will be huge in this game.As you all know we have had our problems with turnovers in this round.

So very true GUNHO! LG didn't get here by luck or even 1 or 2 players. One man shows are through at this point. I like our chances at this stage of the season, problem for LG is covering our WR and trying to stop Teate also. I can't see LG putting a bunch of points up against the defense. These kids have lots of HEART!

Last Friday was the second time that I have seen WOS play this season and yes, I came away from the game thinking that we have as good of a shot to make it to the State Championship game as ever before. I've been reading this thread since we dismantled LM and yes I understand why WOS faithful are "tooting our horns" a tad bit. It was one impressive win, no one can discriminate against that. However, even the ones that have been following the stangs, and know anything about Texas high school playoffs know that this week is different. Not only are you playing for a Region Championship, every team you see from here on out leave everything on the field, and leave nothing in the playbooks, its a battle ever week until Dallas. I'm more than exciting for 2 great teams to battle it out Friday night and whichever team wins will represent our Region with class and an abundance of talent. I have a feeling win or lose, both sets of fans will be leaving Conroe with a sense of excitement that they got to watch an all out legendary game between 2 giants. Let the best team win!

GO STANGS!

I think I know the answer but so much fun not to tell. Should be a great ballgame. One thing HJ did prove in their game with the Leopards, they are beatable. Shame one has to go home, I don't think it will be us.

HJ proved it, Giddings proved it, Caldwell proved it... problem is, none of them did. We must.