West Sabine at San Augustine

mmccary

Wolves coming off the bye week after thrashing Hemphill.  WS coming off the win against HD.  This game comes down to SA's D....the SA offense will score and probably at will on a weak WS defense.  If SA contains the banged up QB in Williams and their shaky oline they should win big!

West Sabine is still a good ball club. Have a couple of guys that can hurt you big and Reshod is one of the best athletes in the region.

They are good, but not as good as they were last year.  I think the defense will contain Reshod, and force him to throw.  Our much improved secondary should be ready!  Plus, SA is fresh after the bye week.  

WS 32

SA 28

#3 Smith I believe, is more explosive than Williams. WS has speed, #14 may not look like much but he is a good player on both sides of the ball.

SA has a little bit of speed too. Roberts at QB is the real deal. Jenkins isn't a speed burner at RB but he is consistent and physical.  In the passing game there are 7 WRs with a catch, and 4 of those are averaging over 15 yards a catch.  

This game is going to boil down to defense.  At some point, no matter what the offenses are doing a Defense is going to get a stop, whether it be by turnover or whatever.  That could be the difference in the ball game.  SA has been very opportunistic to this point on defense, if that trend continues they could win it for SA.  

Should be a good game. I haven't seen SA play this year but I know they have an electric QB and a ton of playmakers. Williams throws the ball much better than I expected and has plenty of weapons too. I wasn't blown away with WS's defense but I'm not sure how stout the Wolve's D is either. My gut tells me SA, but my heart says WS. Either way, I don't think it'll be a runaway despite comparing the scores of the matchup with Hemphill. Good luck to both teams and I'm putting the O/U around 90 points.

Should be a good game. I haven't seen SA play this year but I know they have an electric QB and a ton of playmakers. Williams throws the ball much better than I expected and has plenty of weapons too. I wasn't blown away with WS's defense but I'm not sure how stout the Wolve's D is either. My gut tells me SA, but my heart says WS. Either way, I don't think it'll be a runaway despite comparing the scores of the matchup with Hemphill. Good luck to both teams and I'm putting the O/U around 90 points.

That SA defense held Hemphill to 6 points and they were lucky to get that.  That should help your heart say SA too lol!

WS 32

SA 28

#3 Smith I believe, is more explosive than Williams. WS has speed, #14 may not look like much but he is a good player on both sides of the ball.

1. Everyone has speed compared to HD.

2. SA has more speed than most.

3. Just because HD was curb stomped by WS does not mean that WS will beat SA.

Your admiration of teams with talent is justified but you should be aware that just because they overwhelmed HD with speed/talent does not mean they will do the same with SA.

In my opinion WS is getting better with each passing week. There will be NO nights off in this district, which should bode well for the three teams that come out of this district. See you there on the sidelines.......

SA is getting better with every game as well!  If SA had West Sabine's predistrict schedule then they would be 5-0 in a convincing fashion!

It should be a good game then, shouldn't it?

I would honestly be surprised if this is not a good game no matter which side prevails.

Both have plenty of talent. Both have playoff experience and have played in big games. I think the interesting matchup to watch won't necessarily be Reshod vs Jmike or anything like that, but actually what does each's 3rd and 4th options do?

Shod has Kirkland and Duffy. Jmike has Jeremy and Tyrae. Can DeMarie (sp.) consistently make plays? Ty? Can watts or Rodgers or Davis make the plays they've shown themselves capable of making?

I would honestly be surprised if this is not a good game no matter which side prevails.

Both have plenty of talent. Both have playoff experience and have played in big games. I think the interesting matchup to watch won't necessarily be Reshod vs Jmike or anything like that, but actually what does each's 3rd and 4th options do?

Shod has Kirkland and Duffy. Jmike has Jeremy and Tyrae. Can DeMarie (sp.) consistently make plays? Ty? Can watts or Rodgers or Davis make the plays they've shown themselves capable of making?

I think Kjay has gotten better with every game.  Dont you think?  He has came a long way since the Garrison game.  I think he completes the three headed monster along with Jenkins and Roberts!  Keonte is showing signs of life as well.  The SA offense would be really explosive if he has a good night like he had against Hemphill.  This game will open eyes for sure!

SA is getting better with every game as well!  If SA had West Sabine's predistrict schedule then they would be 5-0 in a convincing fashion!

I'm going to disagree with you on the 5-0.  If SA had WS predistrict schedule they would be 4-1.  SA would not nor could not beat Elysian Fields.  EF is head and shoulders above Garrison. EF is really good.  Of course, I am not trying to take anything away from SA.  I fully expect them to be very good and a handfull for WS and everybody in our district.