Silsbee vs College Station

True. For a 3A/5A school planning on being in a 5A district.

What is also true, 3A school (Tigers) stepping up their own
schedule to prepare for a 3A playoff run. Was their schedule not legit for a 3A team?

Still, that being said, can not ignore the fact of strength of schedule. These young men love a challenge. Whats to lose?

Silsbee92,

I know you know this, but for those of your fans that you are trying to rally around your team by making them out to be an underdog, College Station is moving from 3A to 5A in name only. Next year's 5A is just renamed from what today is know as 4A. And they are moving up because there will be four individual classes from Freshmen through Senior next year.

Regarding strength of schedule, College Station played the toughest schedule in 3A baseball this year, and it has prepared them well.

Your kids have had a great year. And College Station will not be looking past them.

I expect the game to be very competitive. Good luck to your kids.

I would have to say Silsbee has had the tougher strength of schedule, in the playoffs. Having faced a right handed pitcher hitting 102 mph and some wicked off speed junk, that is a potential first pick in the draft, and winning in one game. Facing the #4 ranked team and a left handed pitcher hitting 90 or so on the gun, a potential first round pick,  and winning in two games. Sending the #21 ranked team home in two games, Then winning two of three from the #9 ranked team. Yeah, I would say the Silsbee Tigers have been tried and tested in these playoffs, Now, I know for a fact we have seen better pitchers in the playoffs, and probably just as good a defenses. So, go ahead and throw that #1 ranking at us, and that twelve step baseball program, and that crap about a bigger area to get better players from. This is the Silsbee Tigers, we don't run from numbers, we just play ball. So what does all this get you at the end of the day, not a thing. You still gotta play the game to win, and we show up to play the game. Safe travels to all. Go Tigers!!!     

I was just giving my opinion, that is what these forums were created for.   Everyone, including me, likes to see an underdog win.   The underdog is what Silsbee is, whether you believe it or not.   I have not said one negative thing about your team.  It seems if someone has a different opinion than some of yall, yall come unglued.   A few of yall are starting to remind me of the WOS posters that ran their mouth all week before the game against Navasota in 2012.   I wish yall luck and safe travels.    

I would have to say Silsbee has had the tougher strength of schedule, in the playoffs. Having faced a right handed pitcher hitting 102 mph and some wicked off speed junk, that is a potential first pick in the draft, and winning in one game. Facing the #4 ranked team and a left handed pitcher hitting 90 or so on the gun, a potential first round pick,  and winning in two games. Sending the #21 ranked team home in two games, Then winning two of three from the #9 ranked team. Yeah, I would say the Silsbee Tigers have been tried and tested in these playoffs, Now, I know for a fact we have seen better pitchers in the playoffs, and probably just as good a defenses. So, go ahead and throw that #1 ranking at us, and that twelve step baseball program, and that crap about a bigger area to get better players from. This is the Silsbee Tigers, we don't run from numbers, we just play ball. So what does all this get you at the end of the day, not a thing. You still gotta play the game to win, and we show up to play the game. Safe travels to all. Go Tigers!!!

True. For a 3A/5A school planning on being in a 5A district.

What is also true, 3A school (Tigers) stepping up their own
schedule to prepare for a 3A playoff run. Was their schedule not legit for a 3A team?

Still, that being said, can not ignore the fact of strength of schedule. These young men love a challenge. Whats to lose?

Can we just agree that both are very good teams, who have both played tough schedules, both are talented, and it will be a great game? And please quit with the whole, they are a 5A team playing 3A. No, they opened a couple years ago as a 3A and are MOVING up to a 5A(old 4A) because they will have all 4 grades for the first time. They get it handed to them in all other sports, but because they are good in baseball it's a problem? Honestly, IMO, baseball is the one sport that any classification can play with another. Take several of the past 2A State champions and they ALL played preseason 5A tournaments and competed just fine. Pitching is the great equalizer and when you have it, regardless of classification, you can compete. Larger schools may/do have more depth, but best 9 on best 9, no, it doesn't make that big of difference when you have pitching. If Brenham was not playing Thursday, this is the game I would pay money to see because I feel it will be a great one. Two teams, playing great baseball in the playoffs?? Doesn't get any better!!

Silsbee92,

I know you know this, but for those of your fans that you are trying to rally around your team by making them out to be an underdog, College Station is moving from 3A to 5A in name only. Next year's 5A is just renamed from what today is know as 4A. And they are moving up because there will be four individual classes from Freshmen through Senior next year.

Regarding strength of schedule, College Station played the toughest schedule in 3A baseball this year, and it has prepared them well.

Your kids have had a great year. And College Station will not be looking past them.

I expect the game to be very competitive. Good luck to your kids.

Respect.

Same to CSHS.

SILSBEE would not lose twice in a row to no one.. Them guys from C.S. know what they have coming Thursday .. They have all played together in summer league and the best of the best are on Silsbee team so there you go .! ;)

Lol 9-1. Them guys from CS sure did know what they had coming. A complete domination of them guys from Silsbee. Wasn't even a contest!

Remember Silsbee has the edge on experience having been to the state tourney last year. If Silsbee beats CS, please feel free to login, because I am sure there will be some crow served.

I'm logged in. But I'm having bacon and eggs this mornin. How bout you? State Bound!!!!

I'm sure that Silsbee will cause them to drop their blue chips all over the field! Silsbee has very good athletes! Our boys have always had to work for everything they get, not just have it given to them. We know most of the College Station team, because our boys have played them before...... The college station twelve. By the way, to get to this point Silsbee, has had to beat, a TOP FIVE PICK in draft, a five 3 round pick in the draft and several other blue chippers! College Station is a select team pulled from all over funneled into a 5A program, bring them on!

Dude you nailed it! Silsbee did cause them to drop their blue chips all over the field! Well at least 9 times on home plate before coach Holder took his foot off the gas and started putting in reserves to prevent a run rule.

Congrats to your Tigers on a great season. I know this isn't how they wanted to go out, but they played hard and battled until the end. I was impressed with your Coach's attitude and graciousness in defeat. Your team reflected his attitude as well. Silsbee supporters have much to be proud of.

Good luck to the Silsbee Tigers in the future.

Congrats to your Tigers on a great season. I know this isn't how they wanted to go out, but they played hard and battled until the end. I was impressed with your Coach's attitude and graciousness in defeat. Your team reflected his attitude as well. Silsbee supporters have much to be proud of.

Good luck to the Silsbee Tigers in the future.

This is the kind of post that I had expected from College Station. We played them last year at Texas A&M and all the people we talked with were nice and very genuine. The folks we've played against in travel ball from there were also good to be around as well. Thanks CS Baseball for showing the real side of your program and being a gracious winner.

Also a big Congratulations to all the folks from Silsbee on a fine season. To all those Seniors who shaped that program for the last 4 years it's been fun both watching and competing against you, a great group indeed. Good luck to all of you in the future, you should be proud of your accomplishments.

Rake1