BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

As a Business Exec, Businesses will not expand to the Beaumont area with all the negativity coming from BISD. Trust me when I say this!! My company is one of the highest tax payers in Jefferson Co. and their has been discussions the past 6 months of reducing our role in this area.

Ohhh thats what your gripe is about, your company? Lol you guys sit on here and act like you're SOOOOO concerned about the kids. Tell us the REAL reason you want a new board. 

and at the end of the day (June 14) that will no longer be the case. ;)

You said that there would never be a takeover and "they" were untouchable. :rolleyes:

Anyone who knows how the system works knew that the takeover would not happen immediately. TEA has to allow for an appeal process and time to appoint a team of managers and new sup.

I would have expected a person with your "fine" education to know this. :rolleyes:

BTW, why did that "fine" education that you received free from a highly respected and honorable institution only land you a sub job at BISD? ;)

Maybe because it's something to do while I work on my masters  ;) and I never claim to know the ins and outs of how the TEA take over works. What I do know is that BISD Supt. and board of trustee's are still in charge of BISD.

Ohhh thats what your gripe is about, your company? Lol you guys sit on here and act like you're SOOOOO concerned about the kids. Tell us the REAL reason you want a new board. 

Because they are horrible at financial controls....which do effect the kids.......

It should not take over paying a contractor by 3.4 million and having 4 million stolen by the guy in charge of finance to realize you have a problem........and starting to react AFTER the TEA and FBI step in is comical.......

No, the Millions of unaccounted fund's that are missing from the BISD tax payers and students of BISD. The lack of any oversight by the current administration and board. Why did Lambert retire so quick?

I'm pretty sure you're aware of what a sub does in any school district. They simply fill in for teachers that are absent, pass out assignments that's left for the students and monitor the students. Petty much? Lol

My wife is a 25 year tenured school teacher, I know exactly what is expected of substitute teachers. Not all subs are considered "student sitters", particularly "permanent" subs like your self. ;) :rolleyes:

Maybe it's a BISD thing.

With the "new guy" supervising (he has the power to veto ANY decision made by board or sup) you can bet the decisions made by the lame duck board and sup will be a bit more "carefully decided" than in the past. ;)

Exactly.  The board is not the final authority on anything now.  The conservator has veto authority on any decisions.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/news_release.aspx?id=25769803855

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=2147500522&libID=2http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/rules/tac/chapter097/ch097ee.html147500518

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/WorkArea/linkit.aspx?LinkIdentifier=id&ItemID=2147491736&libID=2147491733

6.3.4.5 Conservator or Management Team (TEC § 39.111) 
The commissioner shall clearly define the powers and duties of a conservator or 
management team appointed to oversee the operations of the district. At least every 90 
days, the commissioner shall review the need for the conservator or management team and 
shall remove the conservator or management team unless the commissioner determines that 
continued appointment is necessary for effective governance of the district or delivery of 
instructional services. 

A conservator or management team, if directed by the commissioner, shall prepare a plan 
for the implementation of action under Section 39.102(a) (9) or (10). The conservator or 
management team: 
(1) may direct an action to be taken by the principal of a campus, the 
superintendent of the district, or the board of trustees of the district; 
(2) may approve or disapprove any action of the principal of a campus, the 
superintendent of the district, or the board of trustees of the district; 
(3) may not take any action concerning a district election, including ordering 
or canceling an election or altering the date of or the polling places for an 
election; 
(4) may not change the number of or method of selecting the board of trustees; 
(5) may not set a tax rate for the district; and 
(6) may not adopt a budget for the district that provides for spending a 
different amount, exclusive of required debt service, from that previously 
adopted by the board of trustees. 

6.3.4.6 Board of Managers (TEC § 39.112) 
A board of managers may exercise all of the powers and duties assigned to a board of 
trustees of a school district by law, rule, or regulation. If the commissioner appoints a 
board of managers to govern a district, the powers of the board of trustees of the district are 
suspended for the period of the appointment and the commissioner shall appoint a district 
superintendent. The board of managers may amend the budget of the district. 

If the commissioner appoints a board of managers to govern a campus, the powers of the 
board of trustees of the district in relation to the campus are suspended for the period of the 
appointment and the commissioner shall appoint a campus principal. The board of  .
16 . Accountability . 

Texas Education Agency - Resource Guide January 2010 
managers may submit to the commissioner for approval amendments to the budget of the 
district for the benefit of the campus. If the commissioner approves the amendments, the 
board of trustees of the district shall adopt the amendments. 

A conservator or a member of a management team appointed to serve on a board of 
managers may continue to be compensated as determined by the commissioner. 

At the direction of the commissioner but not later than the second anniversary of the date 
the board of managers of a district was appointed, the board of managers shall order an 
election of members of the district board of trustees. The election must be held on a 
uniform election date on which an election of district trustees may be held under Section 
41.001, Election Code, that is at least 180 days after the date the election was ordered. On 
qualification of members for office, the board of trustees assumes all of the powers and 
duties assigned to a board of trustees by law, rule, or regulation. 

You can stick you head in the sand and turn a blind eye to this situation.  There is so much to be said about this, but in doing so, I will be totally misunderstood and taken out of context!!!

You are really clueless as to how economies work in the real world.

It's really pretty simple

New business = jobs = increased population = increased tax revenue = more money for schools to spend teaching kids!

Ozens, do you really want that board to stay in control, or are you just poking? Who do you think should be held responsible for the millions that were lost? I understand that crooks are always looking for a way to steal, but don't you think SOMEBODY should have noticed when the theft hits 8 million?

To be honest I could care less I have no kids in the school district and don't plan on becoming a teacher in the near future. So it doesn't directly affect me. I just like to antagonize those who pretend to care about a school district one in which they don't have kids attending and those who don't live in the Beaumont community. I just want those to expose the true reasons they are concerned with BISD. Is it because some are tired of seeing the school district run by black people or is it because business's are failing? Let's be honest most of the complaints I heard after listening to the teleconference was about race and people's businesses losing money. No one really cares about the benefit of the children which is the saddest part of all this mess.

To be honest I could care less I have no kids in the school district and don't plan on becoming a teacher in the near future. So it doesn't directly affect me. I just like to antagonize those who pretend to care about a school district one in which they don't have kids attending and those who don't live in the Beaumont community. I just want those to expose the true reasons they are concerned with BISD. Is it because some are tired of seeing the school district run by black people or is it because business's are failing? Let's be honest most of the complaints I heard after listening to the teleconference was about race and people's businesses losing money. No one really cares about the benefit of the children which is the saddest part of all this mess.

I've been in this area since early 90's and I can remember the population of Beaumont not changing too much. Sometimes people love to throw smokescreens at you.

Is that a good or bad thing? I'm thinking about getting into real estate lol

Good if you are getting the listings, bad if you have buyers that can't pay cash for a house. Houses are going for $40-$50k above list price with cash offers winning out most of the time.

Awesome, thanks for proving a point

This is the problem with Beaumont and one of the reasons I am not there.

The problem with the school district has NOT been because black people run it......it has been because of  mis-management, dishonesty and personal agenda's and that people in charge do not care about the kids..... 

Maybe it's time we change that.......