BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

and I ask, does anyone really care to know what his response would be? :rolleyes:

A lot of good the letters "dr" will do him next month. ;)

That's not his name. You called the prior Sup Butch, because that was his name, get it? But you crack jokes and call him something different. Double standard?

You never responded in the Sterling thread when it was confirmed that you were wrong in saying he didn't know he was being recorded. Crawfishing maybe?

To answer your question soulja (no disrespect to you) I don't give a DAMN how he'd respond to me.

Exactly.  I already discussed this.  Respect is earned, not given.  I don't refer to a title if the person hasn't earned it by their actions.

Exactly. I already discussed this. Respect is earned, not given. I don't refer to a title if the person hasn't earned it by their actions.

BD, isn't that subjective? He may not have earned your respect, but he did earn it in the classroom with many years hard work and studying and stuff like that. BD, do you respect the Nederland Superintendent? Just asking.

I am not inclined to call Jack Kevorkian by the name Dr.  Kevorkian or Conrad Murray by the name Dr. Murray.   Seems like the educational process is one part of earning that designation but that comporting with what you have learned is another component that should be considered when addressing someone as Doctor.

I am not inclined to call Jack Kevorkian by the name Dr. Kevorkian or Conrad Murray by the name Dr. Murray. Seems like the educational process is one part of earning that designation but that comporting with what you have learned is another component that should be considered when addressing someone as Doctor.

Your opinion? Even though you DIDN'T like a teacher either in school or a college professor, did you not call them Mr./Mrs., Professor, or even coach?

BD, isn't that subjective? He may not have earned your respect, but he did earn it in the classroom with many years hard work and studying and stuff like that. BD, do you respect the Nederland Superintendent? Just asking.

Did he earn his doctorate? Yes.  But he hasn't put it to good use as far as BISD is concerned.  I do know someone else who is now the Super of  Abilene ISD who did all of the work and has done an outstanding job for that District and for Angleton previously. He has earned my respect especially for being able to go through everything else that went on in his life at that time.

As far as the Nederland Super,  I don't know him and can't comment.  He came on after the previous super that I worked for.

Your opinion? Even though you DIDN'T like a teacher either in school or a college professor, did you not call them Mr./Mrs., Professor, or even coach?

Teachers or coaches I didnt like personally, of course I still called them Dr. or coach.  But, then again, none of them were involved in the likes of what I previously mentioned.  I still believe that one is entitled to be called by that name as long as they are conducting themselves in a manner that the teachings of their specialty suggested.

Did he earn his doctorate? Yes. But he hasn't put it to good use as far as BISD is concerned. I do know someone else who is now the Super of Abilene ISD who did all of the work and has done an outstanding job for that District and for Angleton previously. He has earned my respect especially for being able to go through everything else that went on in his life at that time.

As far as the Nederland Super, I don't know him and can't comment. He came on after the previous super that I worked for.

Ok, I was just asking if you'd call him a funny name or something like that... Indicating that you didn't respect him.

BD, I know you're too smart to have fell into that one... ;)

Teachers or coaches I didnt like personally, of course I still called them Dr. or coach. But, then again, none of them were involved in the likes of what I previously mentioned. I still believe that one is entitled to be called by that name as long as they are conducting themselves in a manner that the teachings of their specialty suggested.

Nash, you are usually on it. But this has got to be one of the most contradictory statements on this message board...

Nash, you are usually on it. But this has got to be one of the most contradictory statements on this message board...

How so?  I am simply stating that if someone is likely involved in a criminal activity, I dont feel compelled to address them with the formal designation that they were given prior to becoming "of questionable character".  Are you telling me that if Jack Kevorkian was talking to me and you were in the room, you would be offended if I didnt call him "dr." Kevorkian?  I see nothing contradictory about insisting that someone who academically earned a designation be required to act responsibly subsequently  in order to be addressed with it.

Ok, I was just asking if you'd call him a funny name or something like that... Indicating that you didn't respect him.

BD, I know you're too smart to have fell into that one... ;)

I wouldn't call him some funny name.  I probably wouldn't call him Dr. either.

That's not his name. You called the prior Sup Butch, because that was his name, get it? But you crack jokes and call him something different. Double standard?

You never responded in the Sterling thread when it was confirmed that you were wrong in saying he didn't know he was being recorded. Crawfishing maybe?

Show me where it was confirmed.

His girl friend stated she recorded him without him knowing or consent.

No double standard

I never called Butch "doctor".