BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

To be honest I could care less I have no kids in the school district and don't plan on becoming a teacher in the near future. So it doesn't directly affect me. I just like to antagonize those who pretend to care about a school district one in which they don't have kids attending and those who don't live in the Beaumont community. I just want those to expose the true reasons they are concerned with BISD. Is it because some are tired of seeing the school district run by black people or is it because business's are failing? Let's be honest most of the complaints I heard after listening to the teleconference was about race and people's businesses losing money. No one really cares about the benefit of the children which is the saddest part of all this mess.

Your district and employer had millions stolen and TEA has taken over and you could care less? The ONLY thing you’re interested in is what we think? Interesting.

To be honest I could care less I have no kids in the school district and don't plan on becoming a teacher in the near future. So it doesn't directly affect me. I just like to antagonize those who pretend to care about a school district one in which they don't have kids attending and those who don't live in the Beaumont community. I just want those to expose the true reasons they are concerned with BISD. Is it because some are tired of seeing the school district run by black people or is it because business's are failing? Let's be honest most of the complaints I heard after listening to the teleconference was about race and people's businesses losing money. No one really cares about the benefit of the children which is the saddest part of all this mess.

I had 2 kids go through BISD and I don't really have any major complaints about the education.  That said, I do pay A LOT of taxes to BISD.  I care because they could lower my taxes a little if they would quit wasting money.  If you live here, you should care.

And, if I am going to pay all these taxes, it better damn well go to the kids and teachers.

I had 2 kids go through BISD and I don't really have any major complaints about the education. That said, I do pay A LOT of taxes to BISD. I care because they could lower my taxes a little if they would quit wasting money. If you live here, you should care.

And, if I am going to pay all these taxes, it better damn well go to the kids and teachers.

I understand that...but I'm just now entering the real world so i know nothing about paying taxes lol

You will never have to worry about taxes if you vote for Obama and those like him.

You right:

Here's a look at the 10 (one) most profitable tax evaders and the politicians their CEOs, employees, and PACs give the most money to.

Verizon Communications
Profits: $19.8 billion    Effective tax rate: -3.8%
Top recipients, 2011-2012

President Barack Obama: $51,493
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.): $24,450
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.): $23,700
Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio): $22,500
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.): $15,000

You right:

Here's a look at the 10 (one) most profitable tax evaders and the politicians their CEOs, employees, and PACs give the most money to.

Verizon Communications
Profits: $19.8 billion    Effective tax rate: -3.8%
Top recipients, 2011-2012

President Barack Obama: $51,493
Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.): $24,450
Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.): $23,700
Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio): $22,500
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.): $15,000

Verizon spokesman Bob Varettoni said the company paid $2.9 billion in state and federal income taxes over the time period covered. He did not specify how much was paid in each category.

"Verizon is one of the largest taxpayers and investors in America," Varettoni said.

In addition, the report failed to account for income taxes Verizon paid on behalf of Vodafone during the five years. Vodafone owned 45 percent of Verizon Wireless at that time, Varettoni said.

Daniel Collins, a spokesman for Corning, said Citizens for Tax Justice, a liberal-leaning group, "doesn't understand this basic principle of tax law and the accounting rules."

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2014/02/26/study-verizon-paid-no-federal-income-taxes/5852539/

Verizon spokesman Bob Varettoni said the company paid $2.9 billion in state and federal income taxes over the time period covered. He did not specify how much was paid in each category.

"Verizon is one of the largest taxpayers and investors in America," Varettoni said.

In addition, the report failed to account for income taxes Verizon paid on behalf of Vodafone during the five years. Vodafone owned 45 percent of Verizon Wireless at that time, Varettoni said.

Daniel Collins, a spokesman for Corning, said Citizens for Tax Justice, a liberal-leaning group, "doesn't understand this basic principle of tax law and the accounting rules."

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2014/02/26/study-verizon-paid-no-federal-income-taxes/5852539/

I guess we gonna go back & forth with this one:

A surprising number of companies in the Standard & Poor's 500, 57, have found ways to pay effective tax rates of zero, according to a USA TODAY analysis of data from S&P Capital IQ.

I guess we gonna go back & forth with this one:

A surprising number of companies in the Standard & Poor's 500, 57, have found ways to pay effective tax rates of zero, according to a USA TODAY analysis of data from S&P Capital IQ.

About half of the individuals in this country also pay an "effective" tax rate of ZERO. At least the corporations that you like to malign employ people.