BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

Bullets13 we disagree on world view but I do admire your dedication to the kids!!!  I trust that they know the 3 R's much better after a year under your guidance than they did when you first met them at the beginning of an academic year. 

I agree, I get a feeling you are very dedicated to the kids and their learning...but please don't ever dress like a woman in front of them!   :D

BTW, I know several teachers that teach younger kids and every one of them spends a good deal of their money on supplies for their kids.

The kids could probably make do without but they choose not for them to.

I didn't say the things you are buying are not good for the students but I didn't have a back pack in elementary and I manage to graduate from HS & College. But I'm at Smith Middle School.

But it sure would've been nice to have one, and I bet it would've helped. As for teaching middle school, the thing I would say is that there are a lot less supplies needed than in the younger grades. You guys have to worry about the standardized tests, and it's a lot of bookwork and worksheets. For younger grades, a lot more learning is done through play, art, centers, field trips, etc. which require infinitely greater amounts of supplies and funding. At the beginning of the year, we got a small box of supplies that temporarily addressed SOME of our needs. After that anything we needed we could put in a request for, that MIGHT be granted. And then after the freeze, it was up to the teacher to decide if they wanted to spend out of pocket or do without. If lessons are not as good because teachers can't afford the things they need to make them good, the students ARE suffering. When fieldtrips are cancelled because funding is frozen, students are suffering. So the teachers have been hurt, and the students have been hurt. And maybe it's because I am one, but to me, after the students, the teachers are the lifeblood of the school district.

I agree, I get a feeling you are very dedicated to the kids and their learning...but please don't ever dress like a woman in front of them! :D

BTW, I know several teachers that teach younger kids and every one of them spends a good deal of their money on supplies for their kids.

And you and NOTB rest easy knowing that I've never and will never discuss my world views in front of the kids!!!

And you and NOTB rest easy knowing that I've never and will never discuss my world views in front of the kids!!!

I agree, I get a feeling you are very dedicated to the kids and their learning...but please don't ever dress like a woman in front of them!   :D

He would make one UGLY woman.......

hMMM! I happen to know this person attended at one time, one of the highest academic respected schools in Texas.

Schools give you an education......but they do not make you smart or give you integrity.....

Look at Dr. Timothy Chargois and  Devin McCraney........both educated men....one was not smart enough to keep his job and the other was not smart enough to NOT steal.......

But a good school looks great on a resume

Sanitizer, snacks, t shirts & back packs aren't critical for students to learn at school. Come on man be forreal. A kid not having a back pack or hand sanitizer will stop them from learning now? Smh lol

Considering you have been employed for only one month you probably have no idea what’s really needed to teach students. You also have not experienced any pay, benefit or budget cuts like some of the veterans. I assume you are quite educated but a word of advice; if you want to be successful in the school system you may want to observe and learn from your veteran colleagues rather than school them on what it takes to teach students.

Personal education doesn’t necessarily trump experience.

Well Chargios and the rest of the school board is still in control so it looks like I was right once again  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

No, their not.  The conservator is in control now, and they will be unemployed very soon.  The board of managers and new super will be in place by June 15th. 

No, their not.  The conservator is in control now, and they will be unemployed very soon.  The board of managers and new super will be in place by June 15th. 

Hmmm, thats not what I heard this morning from the media report. The new guy will supervise the Board's decision making process. But he is not going to be in on every decision.

Considering you have been employed for only one month you probably have no idea what’s really needed to teach students. You also have not experienced any pay, benefit or budget cuts like some of the veterans. I assume you are quite educated but a word of advice; if you want to be successful in the school system you may want to observe and learn from your veteran colleagues rather than school them on what it takes to teach students.

Personal education doesn’t necessarily trump experience.

Well you should consider that I was also a student for many years and know damn well it doesn't hand sanitizer and laminated paper in order for a teacher to be successful in teaching students that's petty man come on. And whoever said I wanted to be a successful teacher?

Hmmm, thats not what I heard this morning from the media report. The new guy will supervise the Board's decision making process. But he is not going to be in on every decision.

With the "new guy" supervising (he has the power to veto ANY decision made by board or sup) you can bet the decisions made by the lame duck board and sup will be a bit more "carefully decided" than in the past. ;)

Well you should consider that I was also a student for many years and know damn well it doesn't hand sanitizer and laminated paper in order for a teacher to be successful in teaching students that's petty man come on. And whoever said I wanted to be a successful teacher?

So your saying you don't want to be a successful role model or educator for the students of BISD? If not why are you there?

With the "new guy" supervising (he has the power to veto ANY decision made by board or sup) you can bet the decisions made by the lame duck board and sup will be a bit more "carefully decided" than in the past. ;)

At the end of the day Chargois & Co. are still running the show just under a microscope.(It's been that way for months now anyway) I know you guys hate it lol

As a Business Exec, Businesses will not expand to the Beaumont area with all the negativity coming from BISD. Trust me when I say this!! My company is one of the highest tax payers in Jefferson Co. and their has been discussions the past 6 months of reducing our role in this area.

At the end of the day Chargois & Co. are still running the show just under a microscope.(It's been that way for months now anyway) I know you guys hate it lol

and at the end of the day (June 14) that will no longer be the case. ;)

You said that there would never be a takeover and "they" were untouchable. :rolleyes:

Anyone who knows how the system works knew that the takeover would not happen immediately. TEA has to allow for an appeal process and time to appoint a team of managers and new sup.

I would have expected a person with your "fine" education to know this. :rolleyes:

BTW, why did that "fine" education that you received free from a highly respected and honorable institution only land you a sub job at BISD? ;)