Plez Atkins hired as HC at Beaumont Ozen

It's obvious that a nerve was plucked with the comments of people climaxing like females however from your tone in you message, your smoking a cigarette and eating a sandwhich by now. when we  speak about sports ita bout facts and who can be proven not lesson that your learned from your parents this is a business, my point again is that BISD went and hired another coach from the  HISD district which have done just as much as Magee 1 proven season.. while in your feelings you failed to respond on how his multiple set offenses will help him win and have success (RISON) Its nothing personal RIDGE again its like (FRIDAY NIGHT TYKES)

My point is, is that to utilize the talent Ozen has, you can't be one dimensional or generic as to where the other teams defense can easily line up against you and easily prepare for a set offense to defend! Magee stayed in the shotgun against PNG throwing the ball and stopping the clock instead of running the clock down from under center when we were leading. PNG could not stop our power I formation and we even threw from it to a wide open receiver in the endzone who dropped the ball. The ball was snapped in the shotgun position 20 yards back towards the other teams goal line while the QB was calling signals. We should never be one dimensional and always be able to get under center with a fullback package with tight ends to ball control at times! That game should have easily been won!

As for me being in my feelings, I would agree simply because you tried to insult my intelligence in an area where I excel in. I simply believe in giving the coach that is hired the benefit of the doubt 1st before coming to a final conclusion. I will have 3 Dogs in the hunt at Ozen as well as several other players who I have personally coached and definitely want them to get the right coach at the helm, so if you think I won't have personal feelings about this issue, you are wrong!  

One last thing, I don't smoke, but do eat sandwhiches from time to time! I'm Old Skool! Lol

Did yall notice the scores of their district games? WOW!!

Yeah Dove, they ran through several of those teams. Looking back I don't think Magee would have been able to go undefeated even in that district. I mean the dude just self destructed in games he could have won and struggled against Livingston & even Lumberton for a minute! I know football and I like the schemes that I saw and he had the athletes to pull it off! Just hoping he can do the same for our program! ;)

Congrats to Coach Atkins, I wish him much success @ Ozen Magnet High School. He, turned North Forest into a winner and those kids believed in him and his program. 

Let's give the man an opportunity to prove himself. IMO I expect him to do just that.  I look forward to watching the Ozen Panthers perform in 2014.

P.S. Magee has moved on, and so should we ! There is a new Sheriff in town !  GO PANTHERS !

Sometimes personal issues will hinder you, whether it's relationship issues, health or family matters, who knows why? I don't know if he is a good or bad coach, I just know he is the new coach and he has had success at his previous tender, unlike his predecessor. Sometimes people fail at a marriage or two before they can get it right. Hopefully BISD has the answer this time! :o

Well, here we are once again. Personally I don't care about a Coaches Wins or Losses. As I stated before, I look for Character, Integrity. Qualities that the people doing the hiring don't possess. Just because you Win games don't mean you can Coach & If you lose doesn't mean you can't. Clearly our former Coach lost a lot, but he couldn't make adjustment & certainly didn't know his personnel. We need a Coach that cares; if he cares he will instill discipline, make them accountable, respect & listen to them, but most if ALL, get to know them personally. If he does this, these kids will run through Walls. This only occurs if you CARE. I really don't care about Football, what lessons are you teaching my Son & his Peers. If you're a football Coach, football is the easy part; the Game of Life is what you really must Teach. As Coaches (in my case volunteer) we wear many Hats; Counselor, Friend, Father, Mentor, Spiritual Advisor. Whatever the situation calls for, we have to make the adjustment. Personally as a Coach, how can I ask my kids to Sacrifice & go beyond, but I settle for the Status Quo? Bottom line, either you be who you Claim to be, or these kids will EXPOSE you.
Lastly, words of wisdom to our new Leader. I saw how some of the older Alumni were giving their 2 cents to the last Regime. We all see how that worked out. If I were you I would be like Frank Sinatra and do it "My Way". Good Luck Mr Atkins & welcome to SETX football. I pray for a good transition for you & your family
Go Panthers!!!

Well, here we are once again. Personally I don't care about a Coaches Wins or Losses. As I stated before, I look for Character, Integrity. Qualities that the people doing the hiring don't possess. Just because you Win games don't mean you can Coach & If you lose doesn't mean you can't. Clearly our former Coach lost a lot, but he couldn't make adjustment & certainly didn't know his personnel. We need a Coach that cares; if he cares he will instill discipline, make them accountable, respect & listen to them, but most if ALL, get to know them personally. If he does this, these kids will run through Walls. This only occurs if you CARE. I really don't care about Football, what lessons are you teaching my Son & his Peers. If you're a football Coach, football is the easy part; the Game of Life is what you really must Teach. As Coaches (in my case volunteer) we wear many Hats; Counselor, Friend, Father, Mentor, Spiritual Advisor. Whatever the situation calls for, we have to make the adjustment. Personally as a Coach, how can I ask my kids to Sacrifice & go beyond, but I settle for the Status Quo? Bottom line, either you be who you Claim to be, or these kids will EXPOSE you.
Lastly, words of wisdom to our new Leader. I saw how some of the older Alumni were giving their 2 cents to the last Regime. We all see how that worked out. If I were you I would be like Frank Sinatra and do it "My Way". Good Luck Mr Atkins & welcome to SETX football. I pray for a good transition for you & your family
Go Panthers!!!

Some of those old heads know everything and don't know s***! I have never seen so many two faced feminine acting old dudes in my life.

Coaches can't fool kids. When kids trust and believe in you, they will run through walls for you. The kids will know if he truly cares about them. You can't fake it. If he was successful in NF, maybe he can come over here and pull it off. Talent will take you only so far. But kids believing in their coach will take you further.

Coaches can't fool kids. When kids trust and believe in you, they will run through walls for you. The kids will know if he truly cares about them. You can't fake it. If he was successful in NF, maybe he can come over here and pull it off. Talent will take you only so far. But kids believing in their coach will take you further.

Preach my brother!!!!!!

you and I could have coached them with the schedule they faced. I wish him good luck.

Be careful with that though because YOU or I probably wouldn't have taken that job. This guy has some Claude Mathis to him IMO. Now Ozen's offense really should resemble a PS3. I understand the HISD argument but he's not the one that chose the schedule. Two years ago he was 11-0, smoking everybody, including a FB Ridge Point team that had close to twice the enrollment in the first round. IMO he couldn't have done a much better job given the circumstances. There's not many places you come from where Ozen is an upgrade in EVERY sense of the word. This guy has dealt with administrative turmoil, poor funding, decrepit facilities, and kids who've seen more narcotics transactions than cartoons by the time their in middle school. Not to mention, that area of North Houston turns into a war zone in a drought if you know what I mean.

This guy is used to coaching great athletes and he's adept at managing two way players which Ozen is probably still going to have to do because of their small enrollment. This guy is the real deal, Ozen better figure out how to get him some more money in these next few years if they want to keep him.

I'll be the 1st to say I can be wrong sometimes, not often but occasionally. If he is the real deal then he will have plenty to work with and Ozen should be able to handle any team In there district. The last coaches new nothing about the social work aspect which is part of the job! Caring, consistentcy, dedication & discipline will help win his players respect. "Let's Go Panthers!"