Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I would rather have a team made of walk-on then endure another year like 2013.

Thankfully we found out that talent was there, just no coaching.

We got the coaching now, so Aggies beware. It no longer matters. I hope you can get to the playoffs every year. It would make Texas better.

I forgot Aggies are in the sec. It must be nice to attend a scool that everyone loves, abd does not need gadets to impress the kids. You know to stand for something.

At least I knew what the old Aggies stood for.

I would rather have a team made of walk-on then endure another year like 2013.

Thankfully we found out that talent was there, just no coaching.

We got the coaching now, so Aggies beware. It no longer matters.

How exactly have you found out the talent was there? Was it the huge win over North Texas?

How exactly have you found out the talent was there? Was it the huge win over North Texas?

This is my favorite article from the NT game. Evidently gaining 3 yards on 4 plays is considered putting the T back in Texas. I want some of what this guy is drinking.

quote:
Rick Gosselin [email protected]
Published: 30 August 2014 10:53 PM
Updated: 31 August 2014 12:56 AM

AUSTIN — It took Charlie Strong all of 25 minutes to finally put the “T” back in Texas.
With about five minutes left in the first half Saturday, the Longhorns were sitting on a first-and-goal at the North Texas 3.
On first down, Texas handed the ball off to Johnathan Gray over the left side for two yards to the 1.
On second down, Texas handed the ball off to Gray again over the left side. No gain.
On third down, Texas handed the ball off to Gray once again over the left side. No gain.
On fourth down, Strong didn’t trot out the field-goal team in his head coaching debut at Texas. This wasn’t a night to settle for anything. This was a night to make a statement.
With the crowd of 93,201 imploring Strong to go for it, he did — and quarterback David Ash won a footrace to the right corner of the end zone on a bootleg for the touchdown.

Anyone who watched this game and any game last year could tell. Defense at a different level with almost the exact same players. Texas defense > aggy defense. Hth...

What about their offense? Texas has no QB, no O-Line, no receivers, and Shawn Watson calling plays.

The defense played well last year after they fired iaz. The problem last year was Colt Jr throwing it to the wrong team. The defense should be pretty good, but they need help from the offense.

What about their offense? Texas has no QB, no O-Line, no receivers, and Shawn Watson calling plays.

The defense played well last year after they fired iaz. The problem last year was Colt Jr throwing it to the wrong team. The defense should be pretty good, but they need help from the offense.

Offense is dreadful.  Let's not talk about that...  ;)

Anyone who watched this game and any game last year could tell.  Defense at a different level with almost the exact same players.  Texas defense > aggy defense.  Hth...

Disagree.

I am anxious to see what coachemupchuck does this week agaisnt the Mormons.

Tough hill to climb missing 3 OL and starting QB.

Charlie-Strong-Chest-Bump.gif

with the exact same kids,

1. allways in position
  2. no missed tackles
  3. physical play from no-physical players last year.
  4. Linebackers flying all over the field making tackles.
  5. UNT with 3 completions and 4 interceptions.

Consistant play from every player on defnse. I know this was UNT. But this the same team that won 9 games last year and Aggies said would give Texas a hard time. I'm still waiting.

When was the last time Texas A&M held any opponent to under 100 yds total offense? 

• allways in position
  • no missed tackles
  • physical play from no-physical players last year.
  • Linebackers flying all over the field making tackles.
  • UNT with 3 completions and 4 interceptions.
Consistant play from every player on defnse. I know this was UNT. But this the same team that won 9 games last year and Aggies said would give Texas a hard time. I'm still waiting.

When was the last time Texas A&M held any opponent to under 100 yds total offense?

I was shocked when I saw that Strong and his staff said we were basically lined up wrong on every down last year. The quote was something to the effect of we were giving up a man on every play, essentially playing 10 vs 11. Which begs the question, how did Manny Diaz have the #1 defense in the SEC?

1. allways in position
  2. no missed tackles
  3. physical play from no-physical players last year.
  4. Linebackers flying all over the field making tackles.
  5. UNT with 3 completions and 4 interceptions.

9/6/14

Strong I believe can lead Texas back to the promised land - but it appears he is making this harder on himself.  The question that I have it this - and note I do not have the answer - are the kids in the Texas program (from Mack's classes) really that big a group of problem children or is this a way for some of the players to show their disenchantment with the new rules by perhaps rebelling.

I have openly stated that I hope that Strong can make his players toe the line as well as win conference and national championships - I think most colleges can benefit from this if they could do the same and follow his example.  However, I also wonder how many players will may pass on a overly strict environment if they feel that it would "not be fun".  

Can he bring the two ends of the spectrum together - I hope he can - cause if he can it could improve the perception of the privileged college athlete.  Wish him the best.