Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

No cop out.

Do a little research. Think about it.

Three is the perfect number and you do not have to switch hands.LOL

Gus Malzhan played for a championship and finished #2 in Year 1. Auburn currently ranked #5 in his 2nd year.

Kevin Sumlin finished #5 in the country after being told how bad A&M would get hammered in the SEC in his 1st year.

Bob Stoops won a title in his 2nd year.

I could keep going but I'm getting bored with it....

Gus Malzhan played for a championship and finished #2 in Year 1. Auburn currently ranked #5 in his 2nd year.

Kevin Sumlin finished #5 in the country after being told how bad A&M would get hammered in the SEC in his 1st year.

I forgot who I was arguing with.

Sorry

I am wrong. Please forgive me.

It takes 3 years to get your recruits in place, It takes 3 years to purge your program. It take 3 years to build the trust. It takes 3 years for your S&C to be effective. It takes 3 years to have all your processes in place. It takes 3 years to be more than a one year wonder.  Three  is my favorite number and Three Dog Night was an awesome band.

#SPCFBG

Who told Coach Sumlin that Texas A&M would get hammered in the sec his first year?

You have made me curious. LOL

If a CFB coaching staff has not turned the program around after three years, to the satisfaction of the BOSS, IMO they should be let go.

You mistake turning a program around to winning. It is not the same. Winning will come. Attitudes change first.

Fans or posters on this board do not get to hire or fire CFB coaches.

Too many mediocre coaches are allowed to continue. There are many good coaches to replace them.

#SPCFBG

Well, looks like the UT hiring has been a success by your definition.....You say winning will come, what do you call that part? I'm gonna go out on an limb and bet UT doesn't agree with how you define "turning around" a program.

If Strong doesn't WIN, regardless of what attitudes the players have...he is OUT!

Fact: Strong will for sure have "his" recruits in place in 3 years.

To be Seen: If Strong can get the recruits he wants in place by that time, to WIN.

With the shake up of the Big12, A&M going to SEC and Baylor rising, I don't think Texas will be the sole power of Texas anymore. Due to this alone, Strong will be faced with unrealistic expectations. The days of Texas dominance are over. But that won't be good enough for the Alumni, Strong is gone within 4 to 5 years, Texas will blow through several coaches before excepting reality, and all you blow hard Texas fans will be left here on SETXSports scratching your heads, wondering....what the hell happened.....

Who told Coach Sumlin that Texas A&M would get hammered in the sec his first year?

I did. He then won 1 game that mattered. Other than that, middle of the road just like in the Big XII. Give the man a raise!

At first look, this headline startled me: 

"Aggies order new grass......"

I was thinking Pineapple Express. Then I read the rest of it. 

http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Aggies-order-new-grass-for-Kyle-Field-after-5765553.php

WNCIP - I am not going back to quote the numerous (and I mean numerous) sources - But to say the least Most Texas and other Big 12-2 teams fans were predicting the demise of the A&M program and stating that they would be regulated to the Kentucky and Vanderbilt status in the SEC - many seemed downright giddy about the prospects of A&M and their (fans)  perceived problems with their move to the SEC.  Suffice to say Sumlin and the Aggie's have made these arguments basically mute with their performance so far in the SEC. 

I did. He then won 1 game that mattered. Other than that, middle of the road just like in the Big XII. Give the man a raise!

At first look, this headline startled me: 

"Aggies order new grass......"

I was thinking Pineapple Express. Then I read the rest of it. 

http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Aggies-order-new-grass-for-Kyle-Field-after-5765553.php

You can't seem to drop the middle of the pack argument - you must really like it - but A&M's middle of the pack is still better than Texas has been able to do for now going on 5 years (ouch that must really hurt) :(   Now relive the fact that Texas fired their coach and A&M gave theirs a raise - did that did not change the fact that Texas lost to BYU worse than Mack Brown did in 2013 while Texas A&M pulled what most experts called a major upset in week one ;)  

Oh yeah Texas A&M is back in the top 10 as well.  

Now here comes WNCIP telling everyone that 3 years - yes 3 years is what it takes to rebuild a program  :P

I have to love that now while Texas fans can find little to boast about with their program that the only thing they have in their arsenal is to demean Texas A&M - gotta love those Horns  :lol:

We can revisit this when Strong does make the Texas program respectable again (3 years if WNCIP is right) - and I still believe that he very likely will - but until then best wishes.

You can't seem to drop the middle of the pack argument - you must really like it - but A&M's middle of the pack is still better than Texas has been able to do for now going on 5 years (ouch that must really hurt) :( .

Actually, last year their seasons were very similar. A&M squeaked out a bowl win against duke and Texas lost theirs to Oregon. Going into those games, their records were identical. A&M responded by giving their coach a 6 year extension (like they did with Frantastic and the Shermanator after less than ideal seasons). Texas "fired" theirs. Expectations I guess.

Having said that, through 3 games this season, I would say Sumlin's extension looks well deserved.

You are right TcHoops - there is little of no doubt that the expectation levels at Texas and Texas A&M do vary - Texas expects the best and its history shows that they can and do achieve it. Texas A&M in my opinion is heading in that direction just hope it sticks.

I definitely agree Coach Sumlin has them heading in the right direction. Vegas had their win total this year at 7.5 or 8 I believe. Who wants to wager they don't win 9 games now? A lot of football left to be played but if that defense grows up each week as they might with their youth, that is one scary football tam.

You can't seem to drop the middle of the pack argument - you must really like it - but A&M's middle of the pack is still better than Texas has been able to do for now going on 5 years (ouch that must really hurt) :(   Now relive the fact that Texas fired their coach and A&M gave theirs a raise - did that did not change the fact that Texas lost to BYU worse than Mack Brown did in 2013 while Texas A&M pulled what most experts called a major upset in week one ;)  

Oh yeah Texas A&M is back in the top 10 as well.  

Now here comes WNCIP telling everyone that 3 years - yes 3 years is what it takes to rebuild a program  :P

I have to love that now while Texas fans can find little to boast about with their program that the only thing they have in their arsenal is to demean Texas A&M - gotta love those Horns  :lol:

We can revisit this when Strong does make the Texas program respectable again (3 years if WNCIP is right) - and I still believe that he very likely will - but until then best wishes.

Please show me where I demeaned the Texas A&M program!

I only have 500 or so posts but I cannot recall any one of them that demeaned the Aggies Program. And if you fell that I have, I want to apologize. I do not have fun running down other programs. I try to be respectful and know that the players are kids trying to have fun playing a game I love. CFB

Texas has more than enough issues for me to worry about!!!!LOL

#SPCFBG