Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

But is the loss Coach Strongs Fault?

I taped the game and watched it again this AM.  Terrible offensive and defensive game plans.  And the halftime adjustments whatever they were made the 2nd half worse - he was seriously out coached by the unknown BYU coach.

He and his staff had a whole week to prepare an offense with what I and most other people thought was a run first pass second QB - he tried to run a pass happy offense with a QB that could run and it backfired - poor planning.  That could be a sign of the fact that he has only faced 3 top 25 teams in his 3 years at Louisville - could show he needs to work on the week in and week out tougher teams he will face coaching at Texas.

Akso, What happened to that Texas defense - I thought they would keep Texas in the game but they kjnda sucked as well.

This could be a long year for Texas if Strong can't right the ship and fast.

They weren’t ready to play. Same thing as last year,” Strong said, taking responsibility.

Maybe you would like it better if he fired a couple of coordinators. Good coaches don;t do that and are loyal to their staff.

Sounds like he's throwing the players under the bus...........

I'd try a different pre game speech.
"It's an embarrassment. It's an embarrassment to this program. It's an embarrassment to this university, and I knew it, and I didn't do anything about it. And I take responsibility and all the blame for this loss. I knew during warmups we weren't ready to play. I called the team up and told them we're not ready to play. Our focus isn't there. We're getting ready to play a really good football team and we're going to get embarrassed if we don't watch out, and that's what happened tonight."

TEXAS just plain STUNK IT UP ! Made me sick to my stomach watching that crap !

Offensive Line SUCKS

Linebackers SUCK

Secondary SUCKS

Special Teams SUCK

Only bright spot was the defensive line, but they can't do it all ! Tackling is STILL a major problem ! I've never seen a Big College team tackle so poorly.

Everything in my closet is Burnt Orange, but there is no way anyone can defend the way they played Saturday on National TV. Embarassing !

Baddog - this is a thread about Texas quit bringing A&M into it - (sorry just had too)  :D

Touché. It was an observation. Some Ags do know more than I do about UT. It must be in the blood.

I offer up no excuse for the way Texas played. Totally unacceptable. Where we go from here has to be up.

Yeah...and you guys know nothing about us nor voice any of your opinions about us.

Tell me though, one of you gave an "A" grade after week 1...what grade do you give your coach week 2?

read my post Axxhoxx. LOL :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never make a post that I do not believe in. I have no reason to ever hide from one of my posts.

You want to read some honest about CFB, read my posts, If not, you can hit the ignore button. LOL

Worrying about Coach Strong?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2190390-texas-football-what-you-should-and-shouldnt-be-concerned-about-after-week-2/page/7

It's Bush's fault

As for Petrino, he is one of the top 20 coaches in the country. He has won everywhere he's been and had Arkansas as a top 10 program. He just needs to stay away from his secretaries.

He needs his own thread!

You want me to do it?

#SPCFBG

I was responding to the article you posted that said the only reason Petrino is winning at Louisville is because Strong left a good, disciplined team behind. Under Petrino, Louisville finished #6 in 2004 and #5 in 2006 with a BCS win. I think he was doing ok before Chucky left him with a stacked team.

I like ole Red. Eventually his going to pull a Donald Sterling, I just hope someone catches it on tape.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/24704768/change-isnt-coming-easy-at-texas-but-strong-the-right-one-to-do-it

Texas has a Law School and won't need it.

It has been dealing with Texas Aggies for a hundred years, well versed for mr mccombs

:D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: