Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I'll be here waiting to hear all the Aggies spin this when this season is over and Texas has more wins. There is a chance that Baylor, Texas, and TTU all win more game than A&M in 2014.

Well there is one Aggie here making some sense.

SEC     SEC      SEC        SEC       SEC       SEC

As always you failed to address the question asked - what if the new savior flops and A&M has more wins (again) then Texas - What will you say then was the question?

And Baylor will have more wins than Texas and A&M more than likely - Baylor has become he class of the Big 12.

What the heck?  Were you stillborn in 1999?  And your ghost, like those little collies buried outside that dump, continues to haunt us??

Do not know when PhatMack19 was born - but since I graduated High School in 1974 (and really cared about the record) the record is 19 wins and 19 losses - not much of the annual beat down since that time.  You want to go back then yes before that date Texas ruled the playing field between the 2 schools - I will admit that - not that it matters to me.    

As always you will state that I choose an arbitrary date and that Texas ruled before that date - no argument here - Texas did rule the games in the ancient times no doubt - but us Aggie's like to live more in the current time as (1) it serves our arguments better; (2) it is in a time that that playing field has leveled out in the state between all teams; and (3) I do not have to research the archives to get my facts.

Do not know when PhatMack19 was born - but since I graduated High School in 1974 (and really cared about the record) the record is 19 wins and 19 losses - not much of the annual beat down since that time.  You want to go back then yes before that date Texas ruled the playing field between the 2 schools - I will admit that - not that it matters to me.    

As always you will state that I choose an arbitrary date and that Texas ruled before that date - no argument here - Texas did rule the games in the ancient times no doubt - but us Aggie's like to live more in the current time as (1) it serves our arguments better; (2) it is in a time that that playing field has leveled out in the state between all teams; and (3) I do not have to research the archives to get my facts.

Wait for it.......3,2,1, where you at texhoooops?

As always you failed to address the question asked - what if the new savior flops and A&M has more wins (again) then Texas - What will you say then was the question?

And Baylor will have more wins than Texas and A&M more than likely - Baylor has become he class of the Big 12.

Strong won't flop.

Baylor may be at the top of the league, but be careful about throwing out words like class. History has proven that fast risers get their for a reason and there is nothing classy about it. Just ask Meyers, Bellard, Sherrill, Stoops, and others.

Texas won the last game!

Do not know when PhatMack19 was born - but since I graduated High School in 1974 (and really cared about the record) the record is 19 wins and 19 losses - not much of the annual beat down since that time. You want to go back then yes before that date Texas ruled the playing field between the 2 schools - I will admit that - not that it matters to me.

More recent times such as the 2012 season but skip the 2013 season? Weren't you the one that told me the '05 NC and the '09 runner up* seasons were ancient history? I mean, it's not like I went back to 1939!

More recent times such as the 2012 season but skip the 2013 season? Weren't you the one that told me the '05 NC and the '09 runner up* seasons were ancient history? I mean, it's not like I went back to 1939!

I do not believe that I ever said the 2005 and 2009 where "ancient history" and were not great years in a series of good years for Texas - but I also note the 1980's and 1990's as great years for the Aggie's.  I do not see how a skipped the 2013 season - Texas A&M 9-4 (ranked 18th in the AP) and Texas 8-5 (not in the top 25 AP).

One more loss than A&M and we forced the coach to retire.

Four losses and A&M gave their coach a huge raise. It makes sense to me. LOL

Year 3 - Got Milk?

Yes expectations are HUGE at Texas - and that is because of its storied past - The fact is that Texas and it's fans do not like to lose.  Texas A&M whether Aggie's wish to admit it or not do have lower expectations - but those expectations are growing and I believe that the mediocrity accepted at times in the past will not be allowed to last long at A&M any longer either.  A&M has taken huge steps to to close the gap between Texas and Texas A&M - what has happened to Texas is that Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and other have all closed the gap on Texas and Texas is feeling that in its W-L as well as recruiting.  Texas is losing recruits to Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and other that they never really had to fight for in the past - and in a lot of cases they are losing to the other schools.

I have stated and will continue to state that Texas up until the 1980's was - without a doubt - the best program in the State of Texas hands down.  But since that time - with the notable exception of the 2005 - 2009 seasons is suffering from all the other programs closing the gap on Texas.  A&M benefited greatly from the move to the SEC - as I have stated we will have to see over 10 - 20 years how that pays off for them - in Dollars it already has and in national recognition it has already paid off.  Will it pay off in Wins we all will have to wait and see.  

I have also stated that Texas will be back - but I believe that they will not be able to hold the year in and year out title of the best team in the great State of Texas as they will have to share that title more often than they are willing to admit with Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and perhaps from time to time TCU and Houston.

Remember the "Got Milk" comment as you may have to drink a lot if A&M can do what I think they can and come close to matching the 2012 season - I have heard from a player (friend of my son and not a starter) at A&M that the defense is greatly improved from last year - it will have to be for A&M to have a chance at even a decent season.

Yes expectations are HUGE at Texas - and that is because of its storied past - The fact is that Texas and it's fans do not like to lose.  Texas A&M whether Aggie's wish to admit it or not do have lower expectations - but those expectations are growing and I believe that the mediocrity accepted at times in the past will not be allowed to last long at A&M any longer either.  A&M has taken huge steps to to close the gap between Texas and Texas A&M - what has happened to Texas is that Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech and other have all closed the gap on Texas and Texas is feeling that in its W-L as well as recruiting.  Texas is losing recruits to Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and other that they never really had to fight for in the past - and in a lot of cases they are losing to the other schools.

I have stated and will continue to state that Texas up until the 1980's was - without a doubt - the best program in the State of Texas hands down.  But since that time - with the notable exception of the 2005 - 2009 seasons is suffering from all the other programs closing the gap on Texas.  A&M benefited greatly from the move to the SEC - as I have stated we will have to see over 10 - 20 years how that pays off for them - in Dollars it already has and in national recognition it has already paid off.  Will it pay off in Wins we all will have to wait and see.  

I have also stated that Texas will be back - but I believe that they will not be able to hold the year in and year out title of the best team in the great State of Texas as they will have to share that title more often than they are willing to admit with Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and perhaps from time to time TCU and Houston.

Remember the "Got Milk" comment as you may have to drink a lot if A&M can do what I think they can and come close to matching the 2012 season - I have heard from a player (friend of my son and not a starter) at A&M that the defense is greatly improved from last year - it will have to be for A&M to have a chance at even a decent season.

Finally an Aggie starting to make sense. I have hope Old Timer.

And not hiding behind the SEC.

Chucky is 2-2 vs Top 25 teams in his career. I was surprised he has only played 4 ranked teams in his career. I guess that's how you build a resume beating up on scrubs.

http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/how-has-your-cfb-coach-fared-against-ranked-teams-check-out-this-cool-wall-street-journal-graphic#

Chucky is 2-2 vs Top 25 teams in his career. I was surprised he has only played 4 ranked teams in his career. I guess that's how you build a resume beating up on scrubs.
http://collegespun.com/independents/notre-dame/how-has-your-cfb-coach-fared-against-ranked-teams-check-out-this-cool-wall-street-journal-graphic#

Kevin Sumlim 5-6 vs. Top 25 at aTm.( He's 8-7 overall). So he plays'em, but just can't beat'em. I would be interested to know how many of those Top 25 wins were against teams that stayed in the Top 25 after the ags beat them.

You do not need to worry yourself with Coach Strong. He is the Longhorn coach and you will not be hiring or firing.

You had better start paying attention to the things not happening in College Station under Coach Sumlin. Notice the respect which you cannot show. 

Wins are going down, losses going up. But he is winning recruiting, but not games. Got milk?

Animal Husbandry? This must something to do with vets.

I do not believe that I ever said the 2005 and 2009 where "ancient history" and were not great years in a series of good years for Texas - but I also note the 1980's and 1990's as great years for the Aggie's.  I do not see how a skipped the 2013 season - Texas A&M 9-4 (ranked 18th in the AP) and Texas 8-5 (not in the top 25 AP).

I would hate to compare great teams to teams who were cheating and got caught.

I would rather do it by the rules and get beat, than cheat. Some would rather win at all costs.

Texas has always had the booster that could buy recruits, but they did not.