Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I really have no problem with this at all. The man has what some believe to be the premier coaching job in the country. So he's not as polished as some others. Like GCM said, the only thing I care about is wins. I'll give him a year or two, but it may be instant. Let's see. Mack, keep on digging up your anti-Texas crap when you should be concentrating on Bama and LSU. Texas will be fine. Appreciate the concern though.

Some as in most everyone.  If you look up the top college coaching gigs in the country, not many lists don't have UT #1.  Heard Cowherd one day put it above a lot of NFL jobs. 

Some as in most everyone. If you look up the top college coaching gigs in the country, not many lists don't have UT #1. Heard Cowherd one day put it above a lot of NFL jobs.

According to Ketch it was the coaching search that I'll tell my grandkids about.....

According to Ketch it was the coaching search that I'll tell my grandkids about.....

I think Coach Strong texted Steve Patterson and said -

I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and hire me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together. 

Still gives me goose bumps. The guy is a competitor.

Ketch is an idiot.  Doesn't change the fact that UT is THE head coaching job in college football.  Which of course necessarily makes it the top job in the State as well...

I have to question that: if it was the top job why didn't the best College Football coach in this state Art Briles take it?

I have to question that: if it was the top job why didn't the best College Football coach in this state Art Briles take it?

Art wanted an offer without interviewing or announcing interest. He wanted to have the job offered to him without going through the process. In other words, he was not going to clamor for the job and not get it. Patterson came in and was not going to let others make the decision. He was going to do it his way and make the hire. Hopefully he made the right one.

And Mack held out just long enough to ensure that he didn't make the one he was terrified of. Don't get me started on the whole head coaching search. It was handled poorly the whole way through. Love him or hate him, Deloss would have let the billionaire boys club take the reins and it would have looked a lot different. Hopefully the basket Patterson put all his eggs in pans out. Otherwise he will wish he stayed in Arizona.

For what it's worth, I heard from someone very close to Art that if he had his druthers, he would have stayed at Baylor anyway.  He really does love it there.  The reason he would likely have taken the Texas job, if offered as discussed above, was for his assistants.  Some of them, have been with him since his Stephenville days and, of course, his son Kendall is also on his staff.  For them, the job would have meant tripling or quadrupling (in some cases even more) their current salaries. 

For what it's worth, I heard from someone very close to Art that if he had his druthers, he would have stayed at Baylor anyway.  He really does love it there.  The reason he would likely have taken the Texas job, if offered as discussed above, was for his assistants.  Some of them, have been with him since his Stephenville days and, of course, his son Kendall is also on his staff.  For them, the job would have meant tripling or quadrupling (in some cases even more) their current salaries.

I worked with his cousin, I knew well before he wasn't leaving Baylor right now, got too much going on good there. Built the program back up without some bunch of 5star recruits.

In the words of Paul Harvey-

And now, the rest of the story...

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Horns247-Weekly-Six-Pack-Truth-on-Charlie-Strong-Angelo-Clinic-29432859

Good day.

I'm shocked The founder of the camp replies making up excuses and backing the speaker. I can't believe he would back Strong, especially since he runs a camp that relies on college coaches speaking every year.....

This is my favorite quote from the article. Maybe that's why they got their 8th choice as coach.

quote:
“Everybody understood the situation,” Young said. “It's a lot less strenuous being the President of the United States than it is being the head football coach at the University of Texas.”

It is still amazing to me that some Texas fans take everything Pro-Texas as gospel and everything anti-Texas as blasphemy.  Believe it or not quite likely the truth is in the middle.

Oh and by the way they also take everything anti-Aggie as gospel and everything pro-Aggie as blasphemy - funny that way (lol - but I do the same on this forum as well  :D ) - by the way the same truth likely applies as the truth is somewhere in the middle.

It is still amazing to me that some Texas fans take everything Pro-Texas as gospel and everything anti-Texas as blasphemy.  Believe it or not quite likely the truth is in the middle.

Oh and by the way they also take everything anti-Aggie as gospel and everything pro-Aggie as blasphemy - funny that way (lol - but I do the same on this forum as well  :D ) - by the way the same truth likely applies as the truth is somewhere in the middle.

It is no more "gospel" than the original article.

The truth is probably sonewhere in the middle.