Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

You had better want to live right, work hard, and treat people right if you want to be a Longhorn. Coach Strong is dead serious about his rules being the only way. NO EXCEPTIONS

And living in the athletic dorm.

No exceptions, unless you are a starter I guess. Those 3rd string guys better not screw up though!

@bevobeat: Bevo Beat: Texas S Josh Turner given 2nd chance, reinstated to Horns http://t.co/DoaXVBh9vi #Longhorns

more from Coach Strong............

Head coach Charlie Strong cautioned against putting too much stock into facility improvements in his own interview with Sirius XM's Camp Tour.

"I'll tell a kid, 'Hey, we have a nice training room but at night you're not sleeping in that training room,'" Strong said. "You're going to go off to your dorm room or go wherever you go.

"If a young man is coming here for a facility he's coming here for the wrong reason," he added. "I want him to come here because he loves the University of Texas. I want him to come here because he wants to get an education, a great degree from a great university and that he wants to play for this great university. That's what it's all about."

Did you see Coach Strong on the ground doing push-ups at is Kids Camp?

I want him with me, if I have to go in a dark alley behind the Dixie Chicken.

Until he wins games and at Texas lots of games he is just another push-up doing head coach.

When he wins his first game against a ranked team - and he will (but will it be this year?) - then you can start signing his praises.

Since Whatsmyname brought this "off-topic".....

I love that nobody is giving ATM a chance.  Would much rather play as the underdog.

Got to call out TxHoops -  you seem awful interested in ATM.........failing.

Bring on the Hate.

"We Are Texas"-We play in the

Bevo XII minus II Conference

Conference Record.

2013 7-2

2012 5-4

2011 4-5

2010 2-6

Power house programs: Iowa State, Kansas, West Virginia......

Definition of MEDIOCRE

:  of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinaryso-so

and OT, what are going to say when he wins more games than A&M this year?

I will field that question -

"But, but we play in the mighty SEC!!  At least here it gives us an excuse to be mediocre!"

When the shoe fits you gotta wear it.

Texas CHOOSE to play in the mediocre Big 12 - A&M CHOOSE to play in the SEC (the best conference in the NCAA) - live with your teams choices.

You Texas fans seem to be upset at the SEC - stating that you should should support your team not your conference.  Texas A&M is and has been now for the last 2 -3 years a better program than the mighty Texas Longhorns and Texas fans point out that A&M was 7th in their division - fact is that they were but WERE STILL BETTER THAN TEXAS!

I still am not saying that Texas will have more wins than A&M - will make that decision after the SC game.

Texas CHOOSE to play in the mediocre Big 12 - A&M CHOOSE to play in the SEC (the best conference in the NCAA) - live with your teams choices.

You Texas fans seem to be upset at the SEC - stating that you should should support your team not your conference.  Texas A&M is and has been now for the last 2 -3 years a better program than the mighty Texas Longhorns and Texas fans point out that A&M was 7th in their division - fact is that they were but WERE STILL BETTER THAN TEXAS!

I still am not saying that Texas will have more wins than A&M - will make that decision after the SC game.

Texas chooses to stand on their on merits and do not rely on their conference affiliation.

You Texas fans seem to be upset at the SEC - stating that you should should support your team not your conference. Texas A&M is and has been now for the last 2 -3 years a better program than the mighty Texas Longhorns and Texas fans point out that A&M was 7th in their division - fact is that they were but WERE STILL BETTER THAN TEXAS!

Fairly certain that something called a Case McCoy beat y'all last time. How can you say you are better if that guy beats you? Outside of Gilbert, he brought UT down several notches

I love that nobody is giving ATM a chance.  Would much rather play as the underdog.

Got to call out TxHoops -  you seem awful interested in ATM.........failing.

Bring on the Hate.

Conference Record.

2013 7-2

2012 5-4

2011 4-5

2010 2-6

Power house programs: Iowa State, Kansas, West Virginia......

Definition of MEDIOCRE

:  of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinaryso-so

Texas was not happy, thus the new coach.

What will you say if they don't?

I'll be here waiting to hear all the Aggies spin this when this season is over and Texas has more wins. There is a chance that Baylor, Texas, and TTU all win more game than A&M in 2014.

Well there is one Aggie here making some sense.

SEC     SEC      SEC        SEC       SEC       SEC

I love that nobody is giving ATM a chance. Would much rather play as the underdog.
Got to call out TxHoops - you seem awful interested in ATM.........failing.
Bring on the Hate.
Conference Record.
2013 7-2
2012 5-4
2011 4-5
2010 2-6
Power house programs: Iowa State, Kansas, West Virginia...... Definition of MEDIOCRE

: of moderate or low quality, value, ability, or performance : ordinary, so-so

Was it Arbitrary you stopped at 2010? What would have happened if you used the last 5 years and threw in 2009? Ohhh, I see now! It would be like me talking about the last 75 years of aggy football and intentionally stopping at 75 so as not to include that banner year of 1939!

Silly aggy!

They are better because they play in the SEC and don't have to actually play us anymore.  BUT, BUT they really want to play us.  :rolleyes: (So they can get beat down by whoever we trot out there, including Case McCoy, about 3 out of every 4 years.) 

Yawn.  They are becoming boring again.

Yeah, that's it. You nailed it.
I'll be in the stands watching ATM vs L$U on Thanksgiving, in the exact same time slot the other "must see tv" will be The Mighty Horntoads vs the Greatest team in the world.

Cart looked better than johnny the bird the other night.

Yeah, that's it. You nailed it.
I'll be in the stands watching ATM vs L$U on Thanksgiving, in the exact same time slot the other "must see tv" will be The Mighty Horntoads vs the Greatest team in the world.
Cart looked better than johnny the bird the other night.

You aggie boys should be accustomed to a T (T+1) Day beat down.