Strong Coaching Pedigree

UTfanatic

I have not forgotten Slocum - I still think he was a good coach and ran a good clean program when A&M did have serious trouble competing with Texas for the top recruits - just the W-L monster got him.

I meant that in a sarcastic way as in GUN-HO UT fans trying to re-live the past thru those deeply burnt orange shades. UCLA knocked mine off in 2010.

See I told everyone that some Texas fans live in a time warp - they like to only remember and refer to better days when they were the power brokers in Texas College football year in and year out - they can't seem to get their mind wrapped around a time when Baylor and Texas A&M are doing better than they are  :D

In referencing "better days when they were the power brokers in Texas college football," are you talking about roughly 90 percent of the years since they first started playing football?  And so shall it be soon...probably sooner than you would want to admit to yourself...

In referencing "better days when they were the power brokers in Texas college football," are you talking about roughly 90 percent of the years since they first started playing football?  And so shall it be soon...probably sooner than you would want to admit to yourself...

Actually yes I am referring to the "roughly 70-75%" of the time that Texas ruled the Texas College football world.  Fact is that Texas has not ruled the Texas college football scene since the 1980's - the field has been pretty close since that time. And I disagree with the statement that Texas will rule that world again "soon".  The world has changed and the programs that Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU and others have been able to develop have narrowed the gap - that along with limitations on the number of scholarships will make the dominance that Texas once held over the State of Texas college football hard if not impossible to maintain year in and year out.  While Texas still has the largest $$$ in major college football the numbers that the other programs are able to earn have made the facilities as impressive as those that Texas has always had.  This will allow the recruits to have options that "in the good ole days" were not availiable to the top recruits other than at Texas.  National TV exposure that was once limited to Texas is now everywhere - including most every game for Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech and others.  The world has changed - just some Texas fans either do not want to accept that or will not accept that.  

I have no doubt that Texas will be back - my doubt is that they will be able to do it every year and for extended periods of time like they once were able to do.

You know how it is with a poor kid who gets money right, those that have money don't really begrudge that he now has it.  What really turns them off is his "showing his *ss" obnoxious and arrogant behaviour that really makes them wish he didn't have money.  It is the same with Aggie football fans.  Nobody begrudges the team having success, it is their obnoxious and arrogant behaviour that now makes you sorry that you were ever glad they had success!!!

You know how it is with a poor kid who gets money right, those that have money don't really begrudge that he now has it.  What really turns them off is his "showing his *ss" obnoxious and arrogant behaviour that really makes them wish he didn't have money.  It is the same with Aggie football fans.  Nobody begrudges the team having success, it is their obnoxious and arrogant behaviour that now makes you sorry that you were ever glad they had success!!!

Same can be said about the rich kid that has always had money and likes to rub in the face of those new to money and continually remind them of their place supposed at the table.

Making some more room:

Damon Sayles (@DamonSayles) tweeted at 9:13 AM on Wed, Apr 23, 2014:
Another #HookEm commit recruited under Mack Brown era has decommitted. Bryce English (@BryceEnglish34) has reopened his recruiting, per HC.
(https://twitter.com/DamonSayles/status/458971924500992000)

Adios!

smdh. Another one.

Making some more room:

Damon Sayles (@DamonSayles) tweeted at 9:13 AM on Wed, Apr 23, 2014:
Another #HookEm commit recruited under Mack Brown era has decommitted. Bryce English (@BryceEnglish34) has reopened his recruiting, per HC.
(https://twitter.com/DamonSayles/status/458971924500992000)

Adios!

Texas has 13 current offers out to defensive tackles and what are considered strong-side defensive ends, which are actually guys that depending on how big they get can move down to the inside. English is by far the lowest rated of all of those guys, 247sports has only given him 2 stars. I don't think Texas recruited him very heavily once Strong took over due to the fact they're getting better guys. I also think English looks pretty decent because he play on a beast of a Desoto team with a bunch of other D1 recruits to take the pressure off of him.

• 3 weeks later...

This hire is looking better, and better.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2012/6/20/3101867/louisville-football-improves-apr-scores-dramatically

Okie Lt wasn't so lucky. They narrowly avoided a post season ban, but will get one less practice a week which is a pretty big loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/05/14/ncaa-academic-progress-rate-postseason-bans/9082853/

Okie Lt wasn't so lucky. They narrowly avoided a post season ban, but will get one less practice a week which is a pretty big loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2014/05/14/ncaa-academic-progress-rate-postseason-bans/9082853/

Saw that.

The Southland Conference basketball programs got hammered.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24562472/eight-programs-to-miss-2015-postseason-due-to-apr-penalties

Well depends on how you look at this - Strongs APR score at Louisville would have place it 10th in the SEC - and behind the APR scores of the hated Aggie's and Alabama.

But it did beat the APR score that Texas had.

Ah and English Major I see - I was referring to the fact that GCMPats2 dislikes A&M and Alabama.  I do not profess to know the likes and dislike of Louisville. 

As to how I looked at this:

Alabama - 978 (Tied with Stanford surprisingly)

Texas A&M - 954

Louisville - 948 (you do have to give Strong credit for improving the score from 869)

Texas - 936

Have to wonder if t his played any factor in getting Mack re-assigned.

Also, interesting to note that Northwestern (the Union School) was 2nd highest on the list.